Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:59:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIt's a Frickin' Cave!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: It's a Frickin' Cave!  (Read 5658 times)
Charcoal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »

Jakman4242: You can hit a chest a second time to destroy them!

Also, fun game; can' wait to see what else is added.

I<3G
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »

You are using the flash extension for mmf2? How it that working out?

The swf seems to be loading just fine.

Kit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »

I am addicted to this game! Love the minimalist sprite design, and it plays great. My only complaint is that not all enemies suffer from knockback when you hit them like the skeletons do. I think it's sorta necessary for this kind of game to be honest. Zombies pretty much hit you if you hit them, well.. sometimes.

But otherwise, fantastic.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 01:44:27 AM »

Hello! My holidays have ended so it's a grand time to get back to this!

You are using the flash extension for mmf2? How it that working out?

The swf seems to be loading just fine.
The problems with the exporting feature is that it's very limited and becomes pretty heavy and memory-consuming fast as you add stuff. Also integrating any APIs or whatnot is a pain unless you know AS3. Luckily I've worked with MMF 2 for so long that I know how to work around most of these problems.
And yeah, some people get very slow loading times or no loading at all; this I can't explain.

@Kit630: Thanks; I'll consider adding knockback to the zombies. Currently I try to avoid getting hit the instant you hit them by making them stop upon hit, but maybe that's not enough.

Mhaine
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »

Hey, this is great even right now! Quite fun and somehow challenging. Honestly, I think all it needs is a bit more content.
ASnogarD
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:37 AM »

Game was quiet fun, enjoyed myself.

Only sour note was in the level gen. on my 2nd game. The game basically dropped me on a bat which knocked me into nearby downstairs, ended up on the 2nd floor with less and half my HP  Smiley

The spin attack audio could also do with some looking at, for all the effects the audio is even less than the standard attack... sounds like it was cut off.

The spike traps on the floor activate too late to catch out the player, least I didnt notice any health loss as I ran over them, they do however pose some danger if you are fighting off some mobs and dont watch your footing.

Somethings are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 05:50:28 AM »

Yeah, I should change the generation so that the goal can't appear right next to you. For what I know, spawning over an enemy shouldn't be possible anymore, but I think that I should make some kind of a safe zone around the spawn; currently all enemies just die since you have the purity aura thing.

The spin attack actually has quite a neat sound effect but flash doesn't seem to like some noise-type sound effect and plays them weird. I concur that I'll have to change this.

I guess the idea of the spike traps is that you can safely walk over them; since they'll appear in that form only in the first area, they mustn't be too powerful.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep working on this! Smiley

Kit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »

I like how the spike traps work, makes it hectic in a room with mobs like what was stated. I've also been spiked while opening treasure chests and not paying attention.

@Hempuli‽: Maybe I just suck at fighting zombies lol Shrug They kill me in Minecraft, and don't even ASK me about Left 4 Dead... Lol. Either way it's kindof picky of me to complain about it. As I say, I'm already addicted to this game.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »

All I have to say is...

Please, please, please keep working on this game.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

I really enjoy it!

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »

As you may have noticed, I've continued the creation of Beyond the Black Hole, an another game of mine. Since that game has a lot more personal priority than this game, I'll be working on BtBH for as long as I feel motivated, after which I'll return to this.

Sorry, but come on, the other game was on hiatus for 5 months previously! Needs some love, dudettes. Smiley

Bonus (not-so-pretty) teaser pic:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:21:31 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

Hopefully starting to work on this again!

I added a new enemy today:

In case the AMAZINGLY CLEAR picture doesn't tell it, it's a worm. Or a snake. Made out of balls. (The blue thing is pointing to the goal; you can now find a compass if you're lucky!)

The next thing I'll start working on is to make the areas really differ. Currently they have different looks but same enemies and so on. Hopefully making the really diverse will inspire players to explore the game further! The areas will be probably quite similar in terms of level structure, currently I can only change enemy frequencies/types, room themes/sizes and corridor movements. Hopefully that offers enough to build onto.

I'll try to get out a new version tomorrow!

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »

Sexy!

I can't wait.

This game has given me quite a bit of inspiration towards my current project. So thank you, Hempuli‽!

Conker534
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »

YAY update ^_^
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »

Okay, then! It's time for version 0.36! Let's say that I'll get to 0.4 once I'm happy with the first area.

Things done:
  • Added a new enemy type and all of its variations
  • Added new items
  • Increased the range and usefulness of the spin attack (probably not enough, still!)
  • Added a new spell (gotta add a lot of these and items when I feel like that, I have a couple ideas ready)
  • Fixed some visual issues

Currently the game will be very hard, because there's still no area-based enemy spawning and all enemies (sans two) spawn in every level! Also, I need to work on the level generation because as mentioned earlier, the goal placement sucks most of the time. Currently each area is 3 levels, but after the yellowish temple place it breaks up so don't be surprised if that happens. Smiley

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

Bing bong thread necromancy!

Now that the versus compo is over and my exams are almost there, I think I'll try to get this one out. Expect some updates.

PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »

I hadn't seen this before! It looks really interesting.

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
Conker534
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »

updates you say? : Smiley
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »

Awesome stuff  Kiss

Pages: 1 [2]
Print