Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:32:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7299648 times)
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #30880 on: February 24, 2016, 04:09:28 AM »

Im so annoyed with these tiles.. It looks TOO flat and maybe too bright? 

de11ed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30881 on: February 24, 2016, 05:24:02 AM »

I love it, but it has more of a "facepalm" feeling than "oh noes I ded" feeling.

Thanks for the quick feedback! We get the idea...  Grin

Haha brilliant! I agree with previous post here, the shadow should move as well when he turns, other then that, it looks awesome.

composer • producer • songwriter • human
Website | Twitter | Soundcloud
Zanhuf
« Reply #30882 on: February 24, 2016, 05:46:03 AM »

some duelyst

This is probably a really stupid question sorry, but how do you achieve the level of fluidity you have? Is it the number of frames, the speed of said frames?

Your stuff is amazing and makes me want to animate yet all of my stuff remains stilted and slowish and whenever i speed it up, it has the problem of looking too fast.
Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30883 on: February 24, 2016, 06:32:56 AM »

Moved from a 2 frame walking animation to 4 frames. Runs much smoother, but still not sure about the eyes :S

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30884 on: February 24, 2016, 06:35:17 AM »

smoother attack animation...

I'm getting flashbacks of Knight Games on my C64! Great background art too. Nice and chunky clusters.

TGHoly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30885 on: February 24, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »

cameo appearance of a friend in my game. I had a lot of fun making these.

@Batowski, that looks fantastic! I really like it! I can't think of anything to criticize on it, I just really like it! great colors, great design, etc

kawaii! I love it. XD

Canned Turkey
« Reply #30886 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:33 AM »

some duelyst

This is probably a really stupid question sorry, but how do you achieve the level of fluidity you have? Is it the number of frames, the speed of said frames?

Your stuff is amazing and makes me want to animate yet all of my stuff remains stilted and slowish and whenever i speed it up, it has the problem of looking too fast.

It's both. Frames per second. If you animate at a higher fps your work will look smoother and more fluid, but you'll have to draw more frames.

Also, gggfhhdh is a pixel God, so all their work looks incredible.

Some tips you can pick up just looking at this pic:

Don't move what isn't moving. Have you ever seen an idle animation where it looks like their dancing? It's because the artist moved everything each frame and made the animation too cluttered. Look at the legs in this loop. A bit of sub-pixel movement and one pixel moved on the knees. That's it. Also, adding areas of lesser movement naturally focus the viewers attention to the faster moving parts.

When something is moving, move it. Don't just copy paste areas every frame, redraw and redraw again. Onion skinning is absolutely necessary. Look at the hands. If I'm seeing it correctly, there's only two moments where the hands are the same frame twice, full open and full closed.

Secondary movement. Look at the dress/cloak thing. You'll notice it's animation oscillates twice throughout the entire loop. Slower or faster moving areas of animation really really spice up your work.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:26:59 AM by Canned Turkey » Logged
HyMyNameIsMatt
Level 1

Vernal Edge

View Profile
« Reply #30887 on: February 24, 2016, 11:34:18 AM »

I forgot I was allowed to post art on the internet for a few years.  Here's two Metroid inspired pics.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30888 on: February 24, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »

Pretty cool. I think you could do some stuff to break up the grid lines of the landscape - perhaps add some blocks that stretch over two tiles and break up the visual monotony a bit. Also, adding in some blank (black) space would probably be nice, too.

Anyway, nice work.

Batowski
Level 0

Milan Batowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30889 on: February 24, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »

cameo appearance of a friend in my game. I had a lot of fun making these.

@Batowski, that looks fantastic! I really like it! I can't think of anything to criticize on it, I just really like it! great colors, great design, etc

Thank you, your 'friend' is also very cute and cheeky. I love the hair especially!

Conker
« Reply #30890 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »

Everything looks awesome Smiley

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30891 on: February 24, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »

Everything looks awesome Smiley

The perspective here is kind of weird. With the way things are drawn, you would expect to be able to see the side of that house on the left-most side. It's quite jarring to one's mind's eye. Cool style otherwise! I like your bushes, even though they seem to be sitting behind the ground rather than on it.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30892 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:13 PM »

Thank you, your 'friend' is also very cute and cheeky. I love the hair especially!
Thanks a lot!

Meanwhile, a skull

DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30893 on: February 25, 2016, 03:28:12 AM »

I love it, but it has more of a "facepalm" feeling than "oh noes I ded" feeling.

Thanks for the quick feedback! We get the idea...  Grin

Haha brilliant! I agree with previous post here, the shadow should move as well when he turns, other then that, it looks awesome.

Thank you!  Tongue

sonder
« Reply #30894 on: February 26, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »

I'm working on a series of pixel art versions of my coworkers as 16-bit street fighter type characters.  First 2 done, 9 to go, with maybe 2 unlockable past employees.

Ashley

Jay

I'm trying to get better at pixel art ... these currently take me way too long, 6-7 hours.  Hope to get to a point where I'm churning out fighter animations that are as smooth as some of the work I've seen on here! 
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #30895 on: February 26, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »

Oh wow kidfingers that is beautiful! It's so stylish... And that shading is wonderful, everything is so well defined, and the colors are great! Especially those fabric folds on Ashley!

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30896 on: February 27, 2016, 05:34:49 AM »

Im so annoyed with these tiles.. It looks TOO flat and maybe too bright? 

I think they look fantastic. Are you planning on combining them with a background? Might be worth adding that, and more tiles generally, before any more edits.

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #30897 on: February 27, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »

smoother attack animation...

I'm getting flashbacks of Knight Games on my C64! Great background art too. Nice and chunky clusters.

Haha thanks for the good word!

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Batowski
Level 0

Milan Batowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30898 on: February 27, 2016, 03:13:22 PM »

Meanwhile, a skull

May I humbly suggest a different light source that is not so symmetrical? I think it would make the forms more interesting...

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30899 on: February 28, 2016, 12:41:57 AM »

May I humbly suggest a different light source that is not so symmetrical? I think it would make the forms more interesting...
Why thank you! I'll take that into account, and maybe try and make a different version!

Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic