Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:38:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Courtship
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Courtship  (Read 1027 times)
Ethan718
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »

I recently posted this project in the Feedback section of these forums. After a lot of help from you guys, I'm ready to release a finished version (not that I think it's perfect, I'm hoping for even more feedback.

The Courtship is a fun little platformer with a little bit of puzzler and shooter sprinkled on top. In this game, you don't use your gun to zap baddies. Instead, you use to clear obstacles (spikes) in order to make room to perform jumps. Use Z to jump and X to shoot.

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »

I like the graphical style, although there are definitely some graphics that need work. The sky could use more detail, and it really ought to scroll when the screen scrolls. Also, you really need to come up with some better explosions.

I quickly noticed how challenging the game was. At first I liked it, but it quickly got too frustrating. I wish the challenge came from puzzles more than really hard jumps. I stopped at the second level after the tutorial section because I couldn't figure it out.
Ethan718
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I definitely see where you are coming from with the jumping thing. I wanted to use the long jumping as kind of a mechanic, something maybe unique to the game. But I guess it would have been better without it, oh well.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic