Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411620 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 06:58:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)GET LAST [shelved for now]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GET LAST [shelved for now]  (Read 2820 times)
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »

Multiplayer Action Game inspired by classic and trashy arcade games, especially the fake 3D / 2.5d ones...

Kind of a simple idea for a versus game and it might turn out to be totally lame, Players have a goal to be the first to a towering objective and remain the last one there. A Player who is at the tower can unleash a powerful weapon from their vantage point, while remaining Players attempt to evade death. If a new Player reaches the objective, the prior Player gets destroyed...
Games will be pretty quick I suppose, and 1 vs 1 should be definitely possible. I'm also thinking it might be cool to allow new players to join mid-game.. in a way it might start feeling like king of the hill though, but that could turn out to be more fun.

Also mostly just an experiment with some pseudo-3D ideas, hopefully it wont get too crazy. Crazy
A TOWERING PYRAMID INFINITELY CLOAKED IN SHADOW ARRIVES FROM SPACE. A BLEMISH OF PERFECTION ATOP DISFIGURED LANDS, ATTRACTING ALL WHO REMAIN.
BE THE FIRST.
GET THE LAST

LATEST WIP:

-original post- (since changed)
I had some ideas for multiplayer games but they've been on the backburner in idea-land since I didn't want to get tangled up in networking, but now this compo has given me some motivation to try them out.

The concept I'm running with is best described as a neighborhood simulator, but then things go terribly wron- ................................ Who, Me?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:01:56 PM by XRA » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

If you can do artwork, there's a few coders who have posted in the Collaboration thread who are more than capable enough to handle the coding end for you Smiley
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »

Suburbs intrigue

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »

everyone will spawn in a house of their own. you can select windows to look out of... Ninja

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »

Will there be a mechanic to use cameras and sell copies of videos of your neighbors doing some kind of 'unusual' sexual act on the internet?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »

haha..no it doesn't feature that brilliant mechanic Blink

I'm actually split between two ideas now, I'm going to have to mock up some stuff for both and see which one is more doable... the original being more turn based, the other being more twitch... both likely featuring brutality of screen

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:39:53 AM »

ALL SYSTEMS GO.

I've been wanting to mess with some pseudo-3d style stuff, similar to older arcade games like Cabal or Spinal Breakers, Devastators, Operation Wolf..etc, I came up with an idea that can work around that, will have to see what happens once I start trying to make it...

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 06:32:17 AM »

Looking forward to some screen shots / mock-ups!
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:46:45 AM »

some wip, I'm looking into ways of generating the 2.5d environment, I wanted to do some mesh generation stuff following segments of a circle (just for arc sectionS).. but didn't really get it working.  So I'm going the easier route using point sprites and if I can get the point sprites evenly dispersed/uniform along random wedges of a circle I might get back to looking into extruding those points up to make simple triangle strips..

ink.inc
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:59:45 AM »

fuck yeah light-induced seizures!

Also, your logo looks like it reads "Get Lost" as opposed to "Get Last".
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 06:00:24 AM »

This is looking amazing!!!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »

Blink  sizure,.

Looking very interesting,. I have a thing for pyramids with eye beams,. .

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »

PEW PEW PEWYRAMID

This looks like an AWESOME old 80's game, like for the Mega Drive or something. Reminds me of Terranigma a lot, actually. The game sounds very interesting too. I can't wait to play it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic