Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:36:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)[ABANDONED] Super Ninja [insert animal here]s
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [ABANDONED] Super Ninja [insert animal here]s  (Read 10178 times)
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 06:10:32 AM »

They're not really mine. The character is from Charas generator and the tiles are ones I downloaded ages ago for a totally different game (they were the first thing I found here).

So, can you start to draw something? A 16x16 ninja cat/rabbit/panda/alligator/whatever just with 'run', 'jump/fly' (for the char in mid-air) and 'standing still' animations would be very nice Wink
And don't forget that they will hold some items later on, so there should be some space for them.

I'll work on the weapon/pickup mechanics now. And I'll get some better 16x16 tiles for it.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 07:56:04 AM »

ninja alligators...

i love you

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »

Btw, JR, please make the sprites alone (not all frames of animation in one image) and make the transparent parts this color: #ff00ff
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »

Ok, I get off work in like 6 hours, I should have some rough anims by tonight

hi
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »

Thank you so much Smiley

Btw here's a screen of new tiles I downloaded somewhere:

The character is just the previous resized to match the size of tiles. The box is one possible source for the weapons.
mikewest
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »

Just curious- are you planning to go with the crate pickup to get points rather than the kills to get points?  I'd love to see what the crate pickup would be like as multiplayer. 

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying some prototypes with my friends.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »

The points will be given for kills, by picking up the crates (or it may be scrolls or something) players will get weapons. And cause the weapons will have very limited "ammo", the players will have to fight for the crates.

But yeah, I can make a gametype/mode in which the points will be given for picking up the crates (so multiplayer SCB with weapons and no monsters).

Progress: two players with functioning controls and environment collisions, fps steadily decreasing as I'm adding new things...

Now I have to program player vs player collisions and then I will make the first weapon - throwing knife.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »

I made a quick and dirty ninja elk cause i figured that would give you an opportunity to make any suggestions before I commit to a style.

.zip of images

Also, when I make the background should it be tiled, or just a big large image with elements on it? (like drifting clouds, birds, etc)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:58:17 PM by JR Hill » Logged

hi
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 06:15:09 PM »

It looks awesome, but I don't have time right now to test how it looks in the game. It's 3:11, I really have to sleep now. But overally I think it's ok style.

If by the background you mean tiles and stuff, then make the tiles 16px tall with solid structure, like here, not faded bottoms like in my last screenshot. About the background, do it however you like, though if you want animated backgrounds, don't overdo it... Moving clouds are ok, I think, but moving clouds + flying birds + rain + lightnings + tornadoes all at once are not. Just make it decent Wink
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

Ok, on Monday I'll work on more animals in similar style, and little shuriken/knives/swords/etc.

hi
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »

Yaaay, a new screenshot:

The sprites are awesome. I have just one remark - name them in this way:

elk (folder)
    idle_00.png
    idle_01.png
    idle_02.png
    run_00.png
    run_01.png

So only the directory is named after the animal. The images are "action_xx.png".
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »

I didn't have much time to program today, but I at least made the weapon system.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »

Awesome, I'll use that naming from now on.  God-willing I'll do a few more animals on Tuesday because I only work morning on Tuesday.

hi
Daniel Eddeland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »

Cute little elks, throwing ninja stars! Very nice sprites, they... they... is that...?

They almost look like they're dancing! This game must have dancing elk animations!  Kiss
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »

I could make victory dances/poses for them lol.

hi
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

Yeah, no problem.

Progress: just cleaned up the code a bit. The bad thing is I just found out the wonderful world of console emulation on Android phones Cheesy
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »

This is looking niiice.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »

How's it going with the sprites?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »

I didn't get anything done yesterday lol, I'll do some today but I only have a few hours free.

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »

Just figuring out character design, I will probably have to fix all the palette at once when I'm done.  I'll do some animation for these guys later this week, next week I'm pretty much gone until Friday, but I might be able to find a computer before then, I'm not sure...  I'll likely redo the elk too, but I figure if I name it correctly all you have to do is copy the folder over it.

(Using this site and google image search for reference)

Should I make generic enemies too?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:43:44 PM by JR Hill » Logged

hi
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic