Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:50:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNegative Spacecraft - launched at last!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Negative Spacecraft - launched at last!  (Read 1599 times)
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »

Whew!  As those of you who followed my dev log will have noticed, the game has been basically complete for a couple of months now.  But the combination of "finding a sponsor" and "dealing with paperwork" etc has, as usual, led to crazy-seeming delays.  But the delays are over, and it is finally out the door and playable by the public!

The game is now complete and released, and...  I'm pretty happy with how it ended up!  It is basically sort of what you might get if you Ikaruga and Shoot the Bullet had a drunken love-child.  Warning!  It is also unabashedly difficult, especially on the aptly-named "hard mode!"

It is currently being hosted (and sponsored!) by the fine people over at AddictingGames.com, so go have a look!

http://www.addictinggames.com/negative-spacecraft-game.html

-Montoli

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:34:34 PM »

Woo, got a blurb on Rock-Paper-Shotgun!

....  My game is forced to live in the shadow of a game about flying by pooping.

Life is funny sometimes!  Suddenly feeling very tempted to make a bonus poop-boss.  Still, can't complain!  Responses seem generally favorable.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:40:55 PM by Montoli » Logged

www.PaperDino.com

WRAUGHK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »

Cool game! You're right - it's super difficult

Robin Arnott
Sound Designer and Implementer
www.wraughk.com

See here for my TIGSource Hello World!: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=17435.0
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

I remember playing this game a while ago [unless I'm thinking of a different game Smiley]

In any case, congratulations for the release, it's REALLY polished!

Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »

I think this is my favorite Flash game ever.  I've completed about 30 levels so far.
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:22:50 PM »

Nice, and congratulations!  (30 levels is no small feat!  I think there are 41 total, if you count the bonus EX levels?  They are mostly just me making silly Touhou references though.)

This has definitely been my favorite thing I have made to-date.  It is easily the one that ended up with the final version closest to what I had in my head when I planned it.

I am glad that people are enjoying it!

-Montoli

www.PaperDino.com

Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »

Finally 41/41 on hard.  Some of the levels I beat more out of luck than skill, though.  I like the music a lot, but given how long it took me to finish every level, I wish there were more tracks.  I did 31 in bonus, but it's not really that interesting, unfortunately.
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »

Oh wow, nice!  That is no small feat!

Yeah, the bonus mode was put in over a weekend at TIGJam, as sort of a  "hmm, I wonder how this would make the game?"  It definitely makes a few bosses harder, (since you can't clear around yourself as easily) and a lot of them easier (since you can fire it at a distance) but it didn't end up fundamentally changing the game as much as I expected.  But hey, at that point it was written and done, so why not include it, I figured?

Anyway, congrats on beating all the levels!  A few friends have beaten all the levels on easy mode, but so far you are the first one I know of (besides myself) who has done it on hard!

-Montoli

www.PaperDino.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic