Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:30:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 210258 times)
Reaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 27, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

Implemented the ability to simultaneously play two or more audio files in the game engine (.net).

The previous implementation depended on WinAPI, so it wasn't portable with Mono for Linux/Mac. The new solution, is  Grin

Ashkin
« Reply #1061 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »

Finally successfully converted a bitmapdata to a bytearray to a string so I can save it and then convert it back to a bitmapdata. I feel so ~accomplished~

Why would you convert to a string? That seems odd. Can't you just save the bytearray?
I'm using Flashpunk, the Data class only supports saving of a few data types. I couldn't be bothered learning about saving/loading myself and editing flashpunk's core classes, so I did this instead and learned a little more about bytearrays in the process.
Joshhua5
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »

As of right now, I wrote a BomberMan clone, but I wasn't happy with how it was designed on the code side, so now I've basically started writing a 2D GameEngine for it's needs, and I plan to add more to it when it's needed in my future games. It'll grow with my knowledge.
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 29, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »

Right now I'm working on a new to spawn waves of enemies in a shooter

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1064 on: February 25, 2014, 04:42:05 PM »

I'm using AntiCheat toolkit on my vars for my Unity game - I need to change all the PlayerPrefs calls and other stuff... works well, at least it seems to work :D

Then some fix on HUD proportion, looks like there is an error on low res devices... -_-

Shadowspaz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1065 on: February 25, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to essentially use a separate bitmap as a mask for a cracking animation, so it's only applied where there is no transparency.

It is not working.

Check out my devlog!
Jeff Carvalho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 27, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »

Programming some Artificial Intelligence to my enemies on my game on Unity using c#  Coffee

I reject your reality and substitute my own
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:49 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how to essentially use a separate bitmap as a mask for a cracking animation, so it's only applied where there is no transparency.

It is not working.

OpenGL?

Shadowspaz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:02 AM »

It is not working.

OpenGL?

AS3, actually. I just ended up looping through a pixel-by-pixel check on the mask bitmap, and if it wasn't transparent, then it would copy the source and return the completed BitmapData.

It just feels like there needs to be a simpler way to do it, but this works, so I'm content.

Check out my devlog!
Ooops
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 03, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »

I'm currently putting together a small game I'll call PrimeTris. And yes, it's kind of Tetris with prime numbers.  Crazy  (Well, more like Bejeweled with Prime numbers but Primeweled sounds like crap Durr...?)

I'm making this in Python + Pygame, and even though I'm far from being an expert in the language, I find it, as well as the library, incredibly simple to use, at least for prototyping. I'm curious to see if it'll be as easy to add "real" graphics and animation to the concept.

I'll probably make a small devlog when it'll be in a playable state (any day now), calling it "even I can make a video game with Pygame", and depending on the feedback I have on the idea, decide if I bother making graphics and music for it.

Whatever PrimeTris's final fate, it'll have been a fun enterprise.  Smiley
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1070 on: March 04, 2014, 02:40:15 AM »

It is not working.

Off the top of my head: You can BitmapData.copyChannel() to save the alpha to a temp buffer, apply the crack (copyPixels()) and then reload the alpha via copyChannel() again. Should be faster than per-pixel in Flash.

EDIT: or copy the crack to a temp buffer, copy the mask's alpha channel then apply, if that's more suitable for your needs.

Working on HeliBrawl
hobblygobbly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 04, 2014, 02:58:20 AM »

i thought mono was a community thing but maybe I'm wrong
Are you talking about the Xamarin thing (like needing licences for iOS, etc)?

I love C# so much, it's like java but better imo and it has LINQ and it's not hideous like c++ and it's not as3
I used to use XNA but I'm trying to switch framework to SFML.Net
Writing a game framework now, taking bits from Flashpunk, XNA, Unity
Not sure if SFML is the best choice but it seems better than SDL-cs and I can't find any other non-shit ones

You may be interested in Otter2D (http://otter2d.com/), it's a framework based on SFML 2 and C# and inspired by Flashpunk. It's being developed by Kyle Pulver.
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1072 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »

i thought mono was a community thing but maybe I'm wrong
Are you talking about the Xamarin thing (like needing licences for iOS, etc)?

I love C# so much, it's like java but better imo and it has LINQ and it's not hideous like c++ and it's not as3
I used to use XNA but I'm trying to switch framework to SFML.Net
Writing a game framework now, taking bits from Flashpunk, XNA, Unity
Not sure if SFML is the best choice but it seems better than SDL-cs and I can't find any other non-shit ones

You may be interested in Otter2D (http://otter2d.com/), it's a framework based on SFML 2 and C# and inspired by Flashpunk. It's being developed by Kyle Pulver.

in the end i ragequit and now I'm using Haxe

So long and thanks for all the pi
nhkni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 04, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »

I am working on a visibility system for my stealth game. The plan is to make it so that enemies can't really see you at a distance if you are in the dark, but the closer they are, the more likely they are to notice you, especially if you move or stay in their sight long enough.
srslypretentious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 05, 2014, 01:40:14 AM »

Trying to figure out how A*  path finding works...
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 05, 2014, 02:29:28 AM »

Making 3d non-grid-based endless "narrow dungeon" generator. More difficult than I had anticipated.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1076 on: March 05, 2014, 04:48:29 AM »

Trying to figure out how A*  path finding works...

The Wikipedia article for it does a pretty good job of explaining. Is there a particular part of it you're having trouble understanding?

Shadowspaz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1077 on: March 05, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »

It is not working.

Off the top of my head: You can BitmapData.copyChannel() to save the alpha to a temp buffer, apply the crack (copyPixels()) and then reload the alpha via copyChannel() again. Should be faster than per-pixel in Flash.

EDIT: or copy the crack to a temp buffer, copy the mask's alpha channel then apply, if that's more suitable for your needs.

Ooh, yeah. I'll give that a shot, thanks. Right now, though, I'm working on a more reliable way to draw in edge tiles, because right now, I just have a massive switch for each possibility. If what I'm trying now works, though, it'll just modify each tile in one (or more) of four ways, which I expect will give it all a less tile-esque look, as well as take less time to generate.

Check out my devlog!
srslypretentious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 05, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »

Trying to figure out how A*  path finding works...

The Wikipedia article for it does a pretty good job of explaining. Is there a particular part of it you're having trouble understanding?

I figured most of it out, the only part that's stumping me for the moment is how to animate a character walking along the path after the path table is returned, but I think I'm getting there.

Will have a look at the Wikipedia page, thnx.

EDIT: IT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING  Hand Metal Left Cheesy  Hand Metal Right
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:50:16 AM by srslypretentious » Logged
misterdoge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 07, 2014, 10:28:32 AM »

Just finished some updates to a web service for a client and waiting for another to send what I need for the next project... so I'm tweaking the resource handling (mostly bitmaps) in the Android game I've been working on for a few weeks.

Getting it to the point where it'd load png's without happily skipping past its memory limit was very interesting (if more than a bit frustrating at times), but making sure it's unloading them when it should be is, of course, not quite as simple as just telling it to and assuming it will happen.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic