Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:32:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The grumpy old programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 295
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy old programmer room  (Read 738873 times)
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: May 06, 2011, 04:03:07 AM »

It's the licences I don't like about SFML, in case I decide to work on a commercial product.

Quote from: SFML
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely

Uhm... what am I missing here?

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 06, 2011, 04:17:03 AM »

It's the licences I don't like about SFML, in case I decide to work on a commercial product.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely

It's more of the licenses that SFML is made up of.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 06, 2011, 04:18:24 AM »

It's more of the licenses that SFML is made up of.

Explain.

... Nice. I was just about to check how far I am from level 6, and this post made me level 6.

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: May 06, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »

Yep, please explain. My current state of knowledge is this thread in the SFML forums. And that's what I already thought after reading the License page on the SFML main page, because otherwise saying "SFML is completely free for any use, commercial or not, open-source or not. That is, you can use SFML API in your project without any restriction." would be pretty misleading.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:10:44 AM by TobiasW » Logged

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 06, 2011, 04:57:08 AM »

Yep, please explain. My current state of knowledge is this thread in the SFML forums. And that's what I already thought after reading the
License page
on the SFML main page, because otherwise saying "SFML is completely free for any use, commercial or not, open-source or not. That is, you can use SFML API in your project without any restriction." would be pretty misleading.
I guess that solves my problem. Thanks.
teomat
« Reply #2085 on: May 07, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »

Dammit, working in eclipse/java for a university project and in monodevelop/c# for a personal project at the same time and I found myself cursing at my pc because eclipse wouldn't recognize internal as a valid keyword.  Facepalm
Maybe I should stop working for today  Yawn
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

In the last 24 hours Audacity has abruptly decided it will pad all exported sound files to 10 seconds. UNLESS I export at 48000 hz. Wasted a good few hours trying to figure out what was going on.

What on *earth*?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 09, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »

What do code-testing jobs pay?

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 10, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »

Sometimes the best way to learn someone's code is to delete it and write your own. Lips Sealed
Ludophonic
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 10, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »

Every single method of getting keyboard input in Windows is broken in it's own special way. Raw Input is so very close to working if only it could figure out the difference between Pause|Break, Num Lock and Ctrl.
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2090 on: May 10, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »

Grargh, Program Files folder permissions be all up in my business. I just want to overwrite this file that I just created, but nooooo. Facepalm

wademcgillis
« Reply #2091 on: May 11, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »

Sometimes the best way to learn someone's code is to delete it and write your own. Lips Sealed
QFT
Nix
« Reply #2092 on: May 11, 2011, 07:08:23 AM »

Every single method of getting keyboard input in Windows is broken in it's own special way. Raw Input is so very close to working if only it could figure out the difference between Pause|Break, Num Lock and Ctrl.

SDL? SFML?
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: May 11, 2011, 07:19:57 AM »

What's wrong with the WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages?  I differentiate between those keys just fine with those.

What would John Carmack do?
Ludophonic
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »

Using WM_KEYDOWN / WM_KEYUP try the following experiment:

Press and hold the left shift key.
Press and hold the right shift key.
Release the left shift key.
Release the right shift key.

You would expect four messages. WM_KEYDOWN (left shift), WM_KEYDOWN (right shift), WM_KEYUP (left shift), WM_KEYUP (right shift) but you only receive two. One when you press left shift and one when you release right shift. The middle two messages are never sent.
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

Using WM_KEYDOWN / WM_KEYUP try the following experiment:

Press and hold the left shift key.
Press and hold the right shift key.
Release the left shift key.
Release the right shift key.

You would expect four messages. WM_KEYDOWN (left shift), WM_KEYDOWN (right shift), WM_KEYUP (left shift), WM_KEYUP (right shift) but you only receive two. One when you press left shift and one when you release right shift. The middle two messages are never sent.

That's because left and right shift are the same logical key in the Windows API, as are left and right control.

I just treat them both as one key, appropriately named "Shift".  This has never caused a problem for me, but maybe you're doing something different.

What would John Carmack do?
Ludophonic
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 11, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »

It's really not that big of a deal. Raw Input differentiates between left/right versions of keys just fine, so I could just use that... but then I have the problem of strange behaviour with Pause|Break and Num Lock.

It's just annoying that I'm being forced to pick my poison. I'd rather no poison at all.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 11, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »

GIMBAL LOCK!!!!!!!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »

use 2 rotation axis instead of 3

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 11, 2011, 11:26:58 AM »

There is NO rotation (see appropriate thread)

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 295
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic