Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:44:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[pc] Legend of Fae
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [pc] Legend of Fae  (Read 1703 times)
mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »

Hey there Tigs,
My buddy and I have recently finished our Puzzle RPG game in GameMaker  Beer!!
It's our first commercial release but there's a 1 hour demo that you can play for free if you just want to check it out Blink.
   It's been 2 years since we started it (Some full time development but most was part time) so we're happy to finally stick a fork in it. We're still updating the game based on some feedback but here's the latest build.

http://www.endlessfluff.com/GAMES/lof1/Legend_of_Fae.exe

Mirror site:
http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=75243

Screenshot Time!!

Video:

System Requirements:

Windows xp or higher
74 mb of disk space
270 mb of RAM
Direct X 8+
Pentium or equivalent

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:01:17 PM by mankoon » Logged

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

this looks sexy and i shall try this

i shall report back tomorrow

trial finished and i LOVED it especially how you would have to combo the wind and earth elements together to kill the flying creatures
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:25:37 PM by Landshark RAWR » Logged

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »

Really nicely done game. I played through the hour long demo and I only have two complaints:

1. I wish it was more than just a match 3 game. The artwork and story and design and music and everything are top notch... It's just sad to see this kind of quality being put toward something as basic as a match 3 game. This game would have been 10x amazing as something that required a bit more action and not so much.... gem swapping. Also because the game is focused on match 3, you end up missing a lot of what's going around outside of the match 3 area of the screen... It's kind of hard to focus on seeing the battle and what's going on up above when you're busy matching stuff down below.

2. The game just closed on me completely when my hour was up. I wasn't aware my time was up and just thought the game crashed. I think some sort of window popping up telling me the demo time has run out would be a lot better than just quitting the game out completely. It wasn't until I ran the game again and noticed that it said I had 0 time left.

I'm going to be a bastard and say... I'll buy the game if you fix problem number 2. If you put a demo time expired notice up instead (and kick the player back to the main menu) I will buy a copy. I know it has nothing to do with the full game, but I'm just being a hardass. Cheesy I think with the level of polish the game has, you're doing it an injustice by just closing out of the game after demo time expires. You need to be giving the player a button to click to upgrade... not close the game completely.

But overall, great looking game. I'd play through it even though I'm not a big fan of the match 3 mechanics. Just to look at all the artwork and story and such. So that's saying something, I guess.

Add something that doesn't close the demo when you run out of time and I'll buy.  Beer!

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »

Pokemon puzzle league is THE highlight of my childhood, so i am probably going to get around to buying this once i get the monies and remember

Linx
Level 0

I like Cookies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »

Never played a game like this, but the demo was very fun ^_^.  As soon as I get my paypal set up i'll be purchasing the full version  Smiley

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »

Downloading the demo now!  I can't wait to give this a try.  The artwork looks incredible!  Your website looks really great and I love the painted images for the game as well.

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »

Oh man, I almost want to buy the game! I'm worried it might be cut short, however... Please tell me the game is not that short as the map and upgrades seem to indicate.  Concerned
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

Oh man, I almost want to buy the game! I'm worried it might be cut short, however... Please tell me the game is not that short as the map and upgrades seem to indicate.  Concerned
It's fifty levels, I think I've played somewhere between 10-11 hours and I'm only on level 35 (though probably an hour+ of that was spent trying to defeat a bonus boss you unlock early in the game Huh?)

Also, the game is a lot more than a match 3 game, the combat gets progressively more in-depth and frenetic as you go along. I'd really recommend the game for anyone who's thinking about it.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »

It's fifty levels, I think I've played somewhere between 10-11 hours and I'm only on level 35 (though probably an hour+ of that was spent trying to defeat a bonus boss you unlock early in the game Huh?)

Also, the game is a lot more than a match 3 game, the combat gets progressively more in-depth and frenetic as you go along. I'd really recommend the game for anyone who's thinking about it.
Yeah, but you're still using the match 3 mechanic to do everything, aren't you? I mean I know you get to cast spells and buffs and whatnot, but the overall game is just the match 3 stuff, right?

Unless it becomes something else later on and I just ran out of demo time to see it...

Making it so you can only attack certain monsters with certain elements or elemental combos doesn't really mean depth to me. It's still match 3 with some strategy involved later.

Though I'm still considering buying it... maybe if mankoon comes back here to acknowledge our existence. :p

mankoon
Level 4

View Profile WWW
!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »

@konidias: Thanks for the feedback! You know, 4-6 months or so into development the game went through a lot of changes because It felt like the top of the screen was a glorified light show that no one could pay attention to. So we changed things a lot and made it switch between modes, in hopes that players would pay attention to the top of the screen and more meaningful decision going on up there. I think it's safe to say the game asks players to divide their attention more than a player might want to but I'm hoping most players can get used to it.

Also, we took you up on your challenge for the Demo Nuke. I had wanted a reminder at the end of demo but we didn't think it was possible, turns out it is! So now there's a pop up at the end of the demo Gentleman thank you for your input!

@Landshark RAWR: Glad you enjoyed it :3 It's also nice to hear it compared to puzzle league because most people compare it to Puzzle Quest. It's games like Puzzle League and Tetris Attack that were the real sources of inspiration.

@Linx: Thanks for the support, Linx :3

@NateKing: Yay, you like my art!  Durr...?

@Mipe! Personally I thought people might have been annoyed at how long a level could take lol. I'm glad that hasn't come up XD. It's 50+ levels and later levels get longer as yo go. On top of that there's a bit of replayability through upgrading new specializations.

Also thanks Inane for your 2 penies :D

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »

Well, I'm sold. I bought a copy.

Congrats! Beer!

mankoon
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »

Thanks Konidias :3 If it was a tangible good I'd wrap it in a bow and make it smell like fresh oatmeal cookies. mmm oatmeal

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic