Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:43:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogssee ya
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: see ya  (Read 12025 times)
mooosh
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »

oh
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:35:45 AM by mooosh » Logged
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »

today I found a bug where if you try to open task manager while the game’s running this happens:

I am leaving it in.

This looks amazing and I hope I will get to play it soon  Beer!

godsavant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »

...Cactus?

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

I am leaving it in.

Tears of Joy

right now there is an explosion attack, a fireball attack, a shield, and possibly a dash.

Dash sounds great.

It'd help if I knew more about this, but...

Flurry (huge amounts of blows rain out instead of just one, a flurry of fists)

Joker (each punch splits in half and covers a way larger area, but leaves the middle area, where you'd usually hit, un-hit.)

Hammer (takes longer, but it slams into a foe, sending them rocketing back into other foes in a chain reaction)

Mjolnir (Each punch slams with a huge crackle, and the lightning spreads from enemy to enemy, stunning them.)

Quake (Punches have a piercing-energy-wave that knocks foes upwards, allowing for juggling)

Jet (Each punch rockets you forward, piercing foes and sending guys flying. Deals less damage than normal.)
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:17:35 AM »

Alternatively, while the player has one power-up he or she can pick up another one which will also begin orbiting. If a player has two power-ups and clicks the right key, they will use a combination of the two moves that they've picked up.

For instance, if you pick up a fireball and a bomb, you can shoot a fireball that explodes.

Power-up combination is a very compelling idea, you should make that a priority!

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »

Looks a lot like Seizure Dome. I like it!
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »

...Cactus?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

dumbmanex
Level 1

Stay out of the water!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

That start menu graphic is great, damn head wobble makes it 10x funny.   Grin

BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »

Maybe put a faster moving enemy in there which kills you in 1 hit..

It would also die if it took 1 hit so as long as you are moving around it wouldn't make the game any harder really.

I'm sure you'll find a way.. and don't let the little things get in the way of an otherwise excellent game.  One thing I've learnt.  If you've got this far I'm sure you'll see it through to completion.

Keep this up, it's looking great! 
Your color palette and design is very inspiring :D

~B
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »

Looking forward to the powerups and combos that you mentioned!
I'm also really eager to play an alpha!!
So please do pm a link over :D I'm really looking forward to it.

~B
AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »

Interesting mechanics but it's pretty hard to get into. I don't know why I get KOed, it jsut happens. I'm guessing it's because I touch an enemy. The punching is sort of bulky and I have no indication of whether or not I'm doing it right when I do it. Keep going, but you'd do good to add some more UI feedback IMO.

AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »

I'll mess around with the collisions and see if that makes things feel better. I'm trying to keep the UI as clean as possible; what if I added some sort of particles behind the player's fist when they're punching at the right speed? do you think that would help?

It could, I just have no feel for the actual hit area, and the game's tolerance for messing that up is 0 (you die from one hit.) Have you thought about giving the player 4 or 5 hits before they die? Maybe having them get knocked back every time they get hit?

JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 09:39:04 AM »

This is hard to play on a touchpad. Is there any reason the player would never want to not have their arm out punching? Or am I doing it all wrong by holding down the mouse button and swinging the arm around?

Edit: Congrats on the Ratfist mention today, btw. :-)
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

Some where in the Ratfist universe Mr.Black('s Co-workers) are enjoying this game. Hope to seeing a cameo appearance in the series Mooosh.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »

Doug TenNapel is awesome. Therefore, you are awesome purely by association.

I know this is a lame way to judge awesomeness, but I'm currently unable to play your game so... That'll have to do for now.

It looks good though.  Beer!
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »

Some where in the Ratfist universe Mr.Black('s Co-workers) are enjoying this game. Hope to seeing a cameo appearance in the series Mooosh.

oh man, I would die.
the mask character FITS in ratfist universe so badly that not seeing him in any of the recent updates drives me to read Ratfist until he gets in then ask for more Mask.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »

oh man, I would die.
the mask character FITS in ratfist universe so badly that not seeing him in any of the recent updates drives me to read Ratfist until he gets in then ask for more Mask.

haha, I should show Doug this post.
Does he has a name It feels wrong calling a character like that. shoot uhh "Del tinta:the Ink cartage supplier of the office supplies." If your out of ink or printer/copier/fax is broken he will wrestle the issue into submission.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »

Screamy I volunteer

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »

I'd love to play-test this! I gotta work through my back-log of indie games over Spring Break... I might actually do a stream.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 09:25:56 PM »

Hello

this is looking rather nice

I would like to playtest

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic