Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:01:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903517 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 06, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

tf2 , U MAD BROZ ?!  Corny Laugh
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 06, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »

Sonic 2.  Man the halfpipe stages suck.  Is there a romhack that swaps them out for the emerald stages from Sonic 1?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: April 06, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »

Bought two bargain bin games as a birthday gift for myself -- Just Cause 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur. Both look pretty fun for the price tag.

Just Cause 2 really is crazy fun, I never expected to get sucked in considering its barely-there excuse for a story, but the huge variety of vehicles held my interest for a very long time. Gunplay gets a bit repetitive, but the exploration is great.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2743 on: April 07, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »

It hasen't aged well, tbh. I remember having fun with the demo when it came out. Now it feels kinda awkward and the controls are sloppy compared to something like InFamous.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 07, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »

Infamous is older than JC2 lol
Ridley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, again. It's been a long time but I'm having fun with it. Always had my favorite character design.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2746 on: April 07, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »

Infamous is older than JC2 lol

Yeah, but it didn't age as much as JC2. The grappling hook controls are pretty unwieldy, the physics are sloppy, the animations stiff, and it's hard to maintain smooth movement flow, while it comes off as something natural in InFamous.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 07, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »

oh ok.

but yeah i didn't like the game that much either. i don't remember the grappling hook being particularly annoying but i found it kinda dull outside of the "wow whoa im grappling onto this plane" factor which wears off p quickly. felt like a gimmick game to me.

i know a lot of ppl who love it tho so maybe i just didn't give it a fair chance.  Shrug
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2748 on: April 07, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »

Playing  Hand Metal Left BRUTAL LEGEND Hand Metal Right

Loving the world, the story, the dialogues, the jokes, the characters... everything great, just like every Double Fine game.

Except for the gameplay.. just like every Double Fine game.

It's not bad but it goes all out with some action parts, some driving parts and some RTS like battles... and while they are not bad, they are ok at max.

Still enjoying it since I'm a metal fan and a Tim Schafer fan.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 07, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »

I liked Just Cause 2 a lot, but that's more a statement on me and my abiding love of stupid sandboxy games, than the quality of the game.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2750 on: April 07, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

Playing  Hand Metal Left BRUTAL LEGEND Hand Metal Right

Loving the world, the story, the dialogues, the jokes, the characters... everything great, just like every Double Fine game.

Except for the gameplay.. just like every Double Fine game.

Yeah, I love the peeps Double Fine, but their gameplay is always driven too hard by the story and jokes and ends up feeling uninspired and gimmicky. It's Earthworm Jim Syndrome. They need a game designer who can wrap it all together.

I have more free time now so I'm playing Dark Souls again and loving it.
ink.inc
« Reply #2751 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »

I have more free time now so I'm playing Dark Souls again and loving it.

i've just played through about 30 minutes of each of the latest 2 games in the kingdom hearts series and i have to say i /really/ miss games that don't try to treat me like i'm mentally retarded
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:31 AM »

I'm a big fan of Just Cause 2, it mixes two things I love in video games: crazy, stupid sandbox games and grappling hooks.
ripe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 08, 2013, 02:52:19 AM »

I am playing eden eternal, a little UT and RO 3.3
I miss COH online
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 08, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »

i've just played through about 30 minutes of each of the latest 2 games in the kingdom hearts series and i have to say i /really/ miss games that don't try to treat me like i'm mentally retarded
Haha, yes. I'm halfway through the Legend of Ransei in Pokemon Conquest, and an "expert of war" just came in and told me that high rank moves are stronger than low rank ones. I was absolutely shocked by this revelation.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2755 on: April 08, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »

Started playing Half-Life 1 today because I'd never actually played it before. Played a few hours and really enjoyed it. It still holds up today as a fun FPS. Not sure if I'll finish it, but it was worth playing!

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
forwardresent
« Reply #2756 on: April 08, 2013, 06:40:01 AM »

I've played a ton of Bloodbowl and Risk Factions lately.

Going to rage at Sang Froid until La Mulana and Cat Lady drop on Steam and they should tide me over until ZENO CLASH 2. I AM SO EXCITED.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 08, 2013, 07:08:42 AM »

i thought bloodbowl was going to be like the madden nfl games only with warhammer dudes. i was sorely disappointed.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »

I dug out my Gamecube and played some Metroid Prime!!  The soundtrack for that game is so good.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »

Had restarted New Vegas which I hadn't played since release, and I stopped playing at about halfway through, again. Fucking boring, mostly.

I gave Dark Souls another try, with a better screen. Still in offline-mode, but I'm not shying away from using online references this time, if only to keep me from straying in paths I'm too low-level for (my first try I kept going for the black knight in burg thinking "if he's there, of COURSE I should be able to fight him"). Now that I'm not wasting time, I'm having more fun with it. It's not really that difficult once you get the hang of it. Seems tactical choices make little difference, whether you want to block, parry, kick or dodge with most enemies (thus far), so long as you manage the crowd, which makes combat kind of a grind. Death isn't a big deal either, especially with retention of items in suicide runs.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic