Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:17:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903500 times)
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6220 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:36 AM »

Too mush works. Not enough plays! T.T

Although every here and there, I slip in a Smash Run break, now that I FINALLY got a 2DS. I'm seriously convinced that Smash Run makes 3DS version better than Wii U's. But it feels like that "I wish they would expand on this concept, but I know they never will again" thing. Like Legion Mode in BlazBlue or something.

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6221 on: December 06, 2014, 06:41:41 AM »

Oh man The Wolf Among Us was amazing, so many twists and turns in the plot right up to the end, time to start reading the comics then.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6222 on: December 06, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

I might be late to the party, but I'm playing NEO Scavenger, oh god, and when I'm at work now I'm just thinking about playing NEO Scavenger.

actual, genuine GOTY for me - especially as i probably won't touch the new Dragon Age until the new year.

I still haven't even reached the glow yet
i've been reading the RPS diaries on it and it finally clicked for me today. more people need to play this game, you're the only person on my friends list who even has it.

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: December 06, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »

Oh man The Wolf Among Us was amazing, so many twists and turns in the plot right up to the end, time to start reading the comics then.

Yeah, I finished TWAU two days ago and ordered the first Fables issue last night. Really hope they do a season 2.. seems like there is plenty of material for it.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6224 on: December 06, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »

Finished Kane & Lynch 2. It's a great game.

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6225 on: December 06, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »

Decided to pick up Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. It's really fun but the framerate is terrible and really ruins any of the intense fights, my favourite part of the game is that modified jetpack that lets you fly around certain areas and even fight in mid air, I'm surprised at how well it works to be honest.

Dibur
Level 0

I like potatoes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6226 on: December 08, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »

Anyone tried out Child of Light yet?  I picked it up recently but haven't had time to sit down and play it yet, it looks quite pretty.  Addicted

Dibur | Composer + Gamedev | JRPG, Fantasy, & Horror |

Dibur.moe ~ Music Commissions & Royalty-Free Tracks
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6227 on: December 08, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »

gog.com discounts! Why are there gog.com discounts?!? I'm supposed to be working on things, not downloading Settlers 2: 10th anniversary Facepalm

Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: December 08, 2014, 04:22:15 PM »

gog.com discounts! Why are there gog.com discounts?!? I'm supposed to be working on things, not downloading Settlers 2: 10th anniversary Facepalm

lol yeah, true dat. Ended up spending $50+ yesterday. Hand Money Left WTF Hand Money Right But heck, I bought such jewels as Evolva, Vangers or Anachronox for just a bit above $3 each.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6229 on: December 08, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »

Working on finishing off The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks because I left it near the end and I really want to clear up my backlog.

Discovered that I actually hadn't done the last few floors of the Tower of Spirits which was really annoying. The last 5 floors are a bit of a clusterfuck with how much they want you to change phantom and move between floors, so I'm really glad I'll never have to visit that place ever again.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6230 on: December 09, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »

I bought myself a 144Hz display (this one), and it's amazing...for games that can actually run at 144 FPS. I'm finding that quite a lot won't go higher than 60 or 120. I know I've been somewhat sloppy about that in my own games, and I'll definitely have to write them differently now. Heavy Bullets is the best showcase for it that I've found so far.

Haven't tried 3D mode yet (I have active glasses, but they're made for a 240Hz TV and I'm not sure they're smart enough to work with it), so that should be fun to see too if I can get it working. Just for 144Hz alone though, the display definitely gets my recommendation.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: December 09, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Five night at freddy's earn his shit

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6232 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »

The Dream Machine was a really positive surprise. I'm not a big fan of point and click games, but some of the puzzles are truly briliant, I felt I could always figure them out by myself but the more difficult ones gave me a pleasant sense of accomplishment.

Not to mention the atmosphere!

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6233 on: December 10, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »

The Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks is one of the most infuriating sections of a video game I've ever played. So glad to be done with that game and I'm never going to replay it, definitely one of the worst Zelda games ever.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6234 on: December 10, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

Interstate 76 hasn't aged very well. The gog port still has a few problems, mostly due to new processors making some parts of the game insanely fast Sad

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: December 10, 2014, 01:57:07 AM »

The Dark Realm in Spirit Tracks is one of the most infuriating sections of a video game I've ever played. So glad to be done with that game and I'm never going to replay it, definitely one of the worst Zelda games ever.
what

we're playing it right now

it's cool

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: December 10, 2014, 03:53:28 AM »

I thought the characterization of Zelda in Spirit Tracks was one of the best of the series, since the entire game was about the development of her character instead of telling a story about Link. I also thought the final battle did a fantastic job of tying together the major mechanics in the game (train driving, fighting with Zelda). I really enjoyed the experience and felt it ended on a really strong note.

It is way different from other Zelda games, though, and the replay value seems a bit weak versus just playing the post game to completion.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was a lot of fun, though the ending felt kind of abrupt and arbitrary after Borderlands 2 managed a finale with a fantastic showdown with the antagonist (although that's to be expected, as it is a direct prequel). The bonus raid boss is just a harder version of the normal final boss, which was also a big disappointment. Lastly, it turns out the season pass is going to be good for small content bits like a new character and an arena and a single new campaign, whereas the second game was a series of four big new campaigns that almost doubled the length of the game.

I don't regret getting the game, but it's definitely not as good as the previous title in several ways.

Still gonna keep playing through to True Vault Hunter and Ultimate Vault Hunter difficulty, though.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: December 10, 2014, 04:13:24 AM »

XCOM is really testing my patience with the constant crashes. It usually happens to me when a soldier overwatches or when laser rifles are fired. Suppression with a laser rifle is a guaranteed CTD. So in those cases I have to actually change my tactics in order to work around the crash issues I am having with the game, and that's terrible.

It's really a shame because this is one of the most addictive and fantastic games I've played in recent years. It's really incredible how intense it can be since the consequences of losing a battle are so serious. In a lot of ways it feels like playing a roguelike that is scaled up so you control more characters.

The expansion is awesome because it introduces a time-limited resource called Meld which you have to pick up within a few turns or else it is destroyed. This encourages aggressive play, but it's also a bit of a trap, because it lures you into taking risky moves.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6238 on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »

getting right near the end of trauma center: under the knife 2. it's unfathomably ridiculous.

it's fun and the new GUILT strands are well-designed for the most part but it lacks the spark overall that made the original and second opinion feel so fresh. the plot is also largely terrible though it's terrible in a way that's mostly enjoyable

after this it's on to new blood and then finally trauma team

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6239 on: December 10, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »

i beat dark souls for the 1st time this afternoon and got the "to link the fire" ending. i started a new game + and the first thing i fought, got killed by and killed was the giant dragon in valley of drakes. awesome.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic