Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:54:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903571 times)
blocks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: December 11, 2014, 07:06:52 AM »

I just beat Fez which is the first game I've played for a long time. It got me interested in games again - now I'm trying You Have to Win the Game which is really enjoyable. The graphics are beautiful and the platforming is really fun but (spoiler warning..) I just lost my power ups so so I took a bit of a break before finishing it.
RZRBLaDE
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: December 11, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.  It's not grabbing me as much as the first two.

Indie Dev of Blox and The Guessing Game.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6242 on: December 11, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »

Back behind the wheel of Euro Truck Simulator 2.

God, it's a grind..

Loving it.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: December 11, 2014, 01:01:12 PM »

euro truck simulator is a deeply meditative experience (im srs)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: December 12, 2014, 03:27:40 AM »

im playing the pc port of deadly premonition because it was only 2 euros on gog. so far i havent had any crashes and the controller works fine. this is also my first time playing the "directors cut" version. the granddaughter story segments are imo pretty unnecessary and graphically they mainly seem to have desaturated the colors a lot and added bloom lighting.  Shrug

still good gam tho and way more lovable than it should be

EDIT: they also seem to have rebalanced the game so that zombies dont take 5ever to kill. this is good because it reduces the length of the games tedious combat sections.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:05:13 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6245 on: December 12, 2014, 03:56:45 AM »

I finally bought Gas Guzzlers. My old joystick is nice, but I should really buy some sort of wheel one day as soon as I get rich

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6246 on: December 12, 2014, 08:09:01 AM »

LittleBigPlanet with a friend is truly wonderful. How have I not played this before?

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: December 12, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »

I'm trying Demon's Souls for the first time. This game is kind of a dick. I got blown up by barrels after a monster firebombed it and quit for the night not wanting to go through all that shit again. I may restart with a high vit class.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: December 12, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »

wait, you did play dark souls right?
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: December 12, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

I just beat Fez which is the first game I've played for a long time. It got me interested in games again - now I'm trying You Have to Win the Game which is really enjoyable. The graphics are beautiful and the platforming is really fun but (spoiler warning..) I just lost my power ups so so I took a bit of a break before finishing it.

Both great games! YHTWTG is easily one of the most solid Metroidvanias to come out in recent years. I've been playing the updated version on Steam again trying to get all of the achievements, and it's really challenging. Also apparently they just released a 'sequel' to the game on Steam. It's as if Knytt and Zelda II had a baby.

I also played Enemy Mind. Short, fun and interesting. The pacing of action is really slow at times, and the final boss was bullshit coated bullshit, but other than that the story was told in an interesting way and the core mechanic of swapping ships was done well.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: December 12, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

I'm trying Demon's Souls for the first time. This game is kind of a dick. I got blown up by barrels after a monster firebombed it and quit for the night not wanting to go through all that shit again. I may restart with a high vit class.

If you don't love having to do the same run over and over again it may not be for you.

To this day I still can't believe I did runs for the king that saps levels from 8am in the morning until 4am the next day and didn't get frustrated. Demons souls was a bit of perfection for me.

LittleBigPlanet with a friend is truly wonderful. How have I not played this before?

The floatyness kills it for me.

Why would that matter?

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: December 13, 2014, 01:07:48 AM »

Yeah, maybe it's my imagination but it felt more manageable.
blocks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: December 13, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »

Both great games! YHTWTG is easily one of the most solid Metroidvanias to come out in recent years. I've been playing the updated version on Steam again trying to get all of the achievements, and it's really challenging. Also apparently they just released a 'sequel' to the game on Steam. It's as if Knytt and Zelda II had a baby.

I also played Enemy Mind. Short, fun and interesting. The pacing of action is really slow at times, and the final boss was bullshit coated bullshit, but other than that the story was told in an interesting way and the core mechanic of swapping ships was done well.

Knytt! This is one I've heard really good things about, I'll play that once I finally get these last 4%!

Enemy Mind looks very nice, reminds me a little of (a side scrolly version of) Escape Velocity.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: December 13, 2014, 03:18:01 AM »

protip: magic is hella OP in DeS, moreso than in any other souls game. at least on ng, on ng+ everyone gets high magic res.

the "best"/easiest starting class is ironically the one that looks weakest on paper (the royal). also stay the hell away from heavy armor, there's no poise in this game so its almost useless aside from fashion souls.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: December 13, 2014, 05:31:25 AM »

protip: magic is hella OP in DeS, moreso than in any other souls game. at least on ng, on ng+ everyone gets high magic res.

the "best"/easiest starting class is ironically the one that looks weakest on paper (the royal). also stay the hell away from heavy armor, there's no poise in this game so its almost useless aside from fashion souls.
Yep, iirc the Royal class begins the game with a ring that regens mana, while all other classes have to use consumables to restore mana. It's pretty amazingly good.

Haven't played the game in years. Wish it was available on PC like dork soles but I'm pretty sure it never will be.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6255 on: December 13, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »

Haven't played the game in years. Wish it was available on PC like dork soles but I'm pretty sure it never will be.

same. i mostly play games on my laptop these days, consoles are just too much of a hassle.

but yes, will probably never happen unless sony stops making consoles and adopts sega's porting policy. :/
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: December 13, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »

I finally got around to playing Windforge and the reviews seem unduly critical of the game's faults. It's got Terreria + Airship to Airship Combat + Sky Whales + Swinging like a badass across the sky when boarding an enemy ship. What's not to like?

In truth, there's plenty to not like. Enemy ships should be at least a little procedural. In general, there should be more to do. It feels a bit too easy to wave the Wand of Repairing over everything; it makes a battle lose consequence. Recipes and crafting are really messy. Combat is... sometimes amazing, often so-so.

It just bums me out that the game didn't do very well and the critics hated it. The scaffolding exists within Windforge for an amazing experience, and at the very least it's worth the asking price.

And that is my first participatory post! Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: December 13, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »

Thanks for the advice.

Whoa, I'm cleaning house with Royal, maybe I just suck less today. I reached the second boss and I'm doing puny damage with my rapier to his ankles. Hm.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: December 13, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »

I've been playing One Finger Death Punch and it is so good. Comboing in most games only exists for the nutheads that want to go for ridiculous high scores and place on the leaderboards, but in OFDP you go for combos just because they're fun and satisfying.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: December 14, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

Whoa, I'm cleaning house with Royal, maybe I just suck less today. I reached the second boss and I'm doing puny damage with my rapier to his ankles. Hm.

see?

PROTIP for the tower knight: hitting his ankles isn't for damage but so you get him to fall over, after which you proceed to whack his head. you can also hit his head with soul arrow from the ramparts. that's how i beat him on my royal playthrough which was my very first. you'll just have to dodge his magic attack. as you've probably noticed the roll is VERY good in this game so that shouldnt be a problem.

PROTIP for early weapons: go to 4-1 (shrine of storms) and get the crescent falchion. makes world 2 (stonefang tunnel) a hell of a lot easier. also go to 5-1 (valley of defilement) and get the blessed mace and/or morningstar for rekking the skeletons in shrine of storms easy

btw your posts actually inspired me to start another DeS playthrough and i have to say it still has the best level design of any souls game (dks1 has the best WORLD design). it also has a very special atmosphere that hasnt really been replicated in the sequels (otoh dks1 has a special atmosphere too, the atmosphere is just different).
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic