Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:28:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904206 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: June 26, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »

actually i bought a 3ds, i don't know what to do with it but did you know you can take screenshots on one?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7001 on: June 27, 2015, 07:34:35 AM »

dextarity

i started playing paper mario: ttyd for the first time. it's delightful. my housemate just played through super paper mario (which i have played and really like, frick off haters) so we figured we might as well keep the chain going.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: June 27, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »

explain tedious

collect all these tears that are in these 20ish bugs scattered across the map to unlock the area

go to everyone of these statues across the world to collect a single letter for a book to go to the sky

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: June 27, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »

I totally agree, collecthon shit in zelda was optional and fun sidequest, not mandotory chore

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

i actually kinda liked twilight princess sorta. it's probably my favorite of the post-majora's console zelda gams. which is not saying much but still.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7005 on: June 27, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »

I totally agree, collecthon shit in zelda was optional and fun sidequest, not mandotory chore

and they had that too. the poes and the golden bugs i thought were fine. you got rewarded with a bottle, with rupees and a bigger wallet for doing it.

the stuff i mentioned before just felt like it was trying to halt or slow my progression in the game.

im not saying that twilight princess is a bad game, and i still enjoy the zelda series (though there is a trend of me preferring the top down versions), but i suppose im starting to feel that zelda games get away with a lot of bad design decisions because of its name.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »

The overworld was beautiful, even if it was a little barren. The huge bridge across Lake Hylia was a great touch.

I think if the overworld was a little smaller or had a higher density of things to see and do it would have felt better. I got the impression that they made it bigger so you could ride the horse and have lot of room to meander, but as a consequence the content they did include wasn't enough to cover all the terrain you had to explore.

The frozen mansion dungeon made up for a lot of lost points, though. It's easily one of the top three most fun Zelda dungeons exactly because it's crammed full of little details.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: June 27, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »

and they had that too. the poes and the golden bugs i thought were fine. you got rewarded with a bottle, with rupees and a bigger wallet for doing it.

the stuff i mentioned before just felt like it was trying to halt or slow my progression in the game.

im not saying that twilight princess is a bad game, and i still enjoy the zelda series (though there is a trend of me preferring the top down versions), but i suppose im starting to feel that zelda games get away with a lot of bad design decisions because of its name.

I totally agree with this, but I don't know if they get away as seen with various criticism of the series, it balance "bad" aspect with good too, as with dungeon in this one. There was also that the story has a lot of artificial restriction unlike OOt where goal and story overlap.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: June 27, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364250/ <- STILL PLAYING THIS A LOT. IT'S REALLY GOOD YOU SHOULD BUY IT. YOU CAN WIGGLE AND BOMB BULLETS FOR POINTS. ALSO IT HAS BRANCHING LEVELS OKAY.

Yeah Zelda 1 was really bad about the mandatory collection shit too it's like

OKAY GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP AND FIND THESE EIGHT TRIFORCE PIECES.

And then LttP was even worse because you did that and /then/ you have to get these amulet pieces.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF?

At least they fixed things some with Link's Awakening -- you're still collecting things but it has the courtesy to respect your time and just conveniently railroads you from one instrument to the next.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:53:27 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

someone never played lttp
because link's awakening = lttp structure

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: June 28, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »

super mario rpg is not as good as paper mario n64 and thousand year door so far

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: June 28, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: June 28, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »

ChuLip is pretty amazing.

I bought a comic book and sat on a bench to read it. Three hours later my protagonist exclaimed it was the worst comic ever written, ripped it in half at the spine and then instantly died from boredom.

While my corpse lay twitching on the game over screen a man wearing a utility pole ran out and kicked it for good measure. Then I had to reload my save.

Evidently the people of the city have a lot of bizarre things going on behind the scenes. I've discovered that my idyllic seeming neighbors are secretly members of cults or the walking dead, and I'm worried what else I'll learn if I keep following them around.

It feels a bit like an open adventure game, where you have several puzzles to solve at any given time, and has some Majora's Mask vibes where you have to learn the schedules of each townsperson to solve puzzles.  It feels really great every time you solve a puzzle and discover a new place to explore, since you know you'll be meeting even more freaky people or encountering other unbelievable situations. It was worth the train ticket to meet the man with an eggplant for a head, and to try and figure out when I can kiss him.

There's a lot of dying and reloading your save because you're trying to figure out how many HP you need to survive a leap off a cliff or when you encounter the police officer at night and he shoots you to death for breaking curfew. It's a game where you'll be saving and reloading extremely often, and it'll take some patience to make it through the first few days when your max HP is really low.

It's a great game to play with a friend who likes weird humor.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7013 on: June 29, 2015, 12:46:07 PM »

I finally got the good ending in DROD: The Second Sky. 66 hours, 21 minutes in-game time. This game is SO HUGE. I still have a massive pile of unsolved secrets and post-game content yet to clear.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: June 29, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »

@SirNiko it starts with Chulip and then you drop like 300 dollar binge purchasing everything else Love-de-Lic was involved with.

Chibi-robo and Moon are probably the ones that play the closest to Chulip though (Endonesia's sort of similarish tho).

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: June 29, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »

i've been playing ff13 the past couple weeks and i quite like it. im almost at the end and i picked op 13-2 at the end of the last steam sale so im pretty excited to see how it's different

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: June 30, 2015, 06:56:01 PM »

I got up to Rubecava in Grim Fandango but I'm failing to see what's supposed to be so special about this game. It's a 90s adventure game with adventure game "humor", a weirdly disjointed plot, and puzzles that aren't really conveyed clearly. I do acknowledge that I'm really early on, but...

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: June 30, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »

The universe and its ambiance is supposed to be what is special, "compared to other game".

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7018 on: June 30, 2015, 08:53:21 PM »

I got up to Rubecava in Grim Fandango but I'm failing to see what's supposed to be so special about this game. It's a 90s adventure game with adventure game "humor", a weirdly disjointed plot, and puzzles that aren't really conveyed clearly. I do acknowledge that I'm really early on, but...

I'm having the exact same experience. I'm pretty much over the game already, was expecting something really compelling from the way it's hyped

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: June 30, 2015, 08:58:17 PM »

Ah young people, they don't get it Big Laff you just told all the right reason but as if they were bad thing  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic