Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 09:12:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904142 times)
OMGWTF Games
Level 0

Dev-ing those games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7020 on: June 30, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »

Right now I'm bouncing between FTL, M&MX: Legacy, and whatever the flavor of the minute is in between.

Really can't wait for WL2 Director's Cut!

Tig Blog: Right here   Twitter: https://twitter.com/OMGWTFGameDev Sign up for our mailing list here!: CLICK CLICK
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:37 AM »

Ah young people, they don't get it Big Laff you just told all the right reason but as if they were bad thing  Tongue

They're right, Lucasarts "humor" is terrible

monkey island, no way jose
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7022 on: July 01, 2015, 06:29:02 AM »

I never found the original Sam and Max games funny

JWK5
« Reply #7023 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »

Playing some more Sleeping Dogs (by far the best GTA-ish I've ever played) and got some of the DLC, really liked it, now I am acquiring and piling on more DLC. I like that rather than "here's another costume" each of the DLC costumes actually do different things in-game (for example, giving you a new fighting style and altering your attributes) and a lot of them come bundled with new missions and such. There are a few lame duck DLCs (unlocking late-game items early, extra money, etc.) but for the most part the plethora of DLC I've seen is a change from what game usually try to shovel in your face.

I've yet to check out the Yakuza games, been meaning to give that series a try. Anyone play them and would recommend them?
デッアンソニー
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »

I've been playing Labyrinth of Touhou 2 on my PC. I'm really loving the amount of characters you can have in your party at once, the strategy, the hard bosses... but then again I'm a huge RPG junkie and love to grind in dungeons. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I really am enjoying it.

Also, fantasy life is a great game on the 3ds! it's like a cute version of skyrim or something lol. You can customize your character so much and it's great in terms of amount of hours that you can rack up from it. It can get addicting... Tongue
jiitype
« Reply #7025 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:09 AM »

@JWK5

Only played Yakuza 4, but it's one of my favorite games ever.

This series is definitely not for everyone. It's not really GTA-ish at all, it's like an action game (almost a beat-em-up) with RPG elements. The main area is not that big with no vehicles or anything, but it still has lots of stuff to do.
It has 4 main characters and they all have differences in their fighting style, you level them up and buy them new moves. Some of the moves are BRUTAL.
There's a lot of focus on story and the story is pretty fucking crazy, almost Kojima-esque.

You should look up some youtube videos before you decide to dive in.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7026 on: July 01, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »

Playing some more Sleeping Dogs (by far the best GTA-ish I've ever played) and got some of the DLC, really liked it, now I am acquiring and piling on more DLC. I like that rather than "here's another costume" each of the DLC costumes actually do different things in-game (for example, giving you a new fighting style and altering your attributes) and a lot of them come bundled with new missions and such. There are a few lame duck DLCs (unlocking late-game items early, extra money, etc.) but for the most part the plethora of DLC I've seen is a change from what game usually try to shovel in your face.

I've yet to check out the Yakuza games, been meaning to give that series a try. Anyone play them and would recommend them?

own yakuza 4 but havent tried yet. avoid dead souls tho. it has some horrible controls

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: July 01, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »

Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs pretended to be dum gta for kids but turned out to be sequels for river city ransom/kunio kun games.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7028 on: July 01, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »

Also, fantasy life is a great game on the 3ds! it's like a cute version of skyrim or something lol. You can customize your character so much and it's great in terms of amount of hours that you can rack up from it. It can get addicting... Tongue
except most of those hours are paging through dialogue. jfc that game doesn't shut up. figuring out about the x button helps a little but dang

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: July 01, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »

imo the problem with getting into the yakuza games is that the story is continuous and if u don't either play them in order or watch a long cutscene movie u wont know wats goin on half the time.
jiitype
« Reply #7030 on: July 01, 2015, 10:30:55 AM »

and that's what makes it beautiful
デッアンソニー
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: July 01, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »

except most of those hours are paging through dialogue. jfc that game doesn't shut up. figuring out about the x button helps a little but dang

LOL true...I think the game is best when you have people to play it with. Alone...it's a different story due to THAT VERY REASON @_@
JWK5
« Reply #7032 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »

Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs pretended to be dum gta for kids but turned out to be sequels for river city ransom/kunio kun games.
Sleeping Dogs has one of the best brawling mechanics for any of the GTA-ish games.

They basically took the Batman: Arkham-- games fighting engine and merged it somewhat with the Def Jam: Vendetta (etc.) game's combat. The fighting tournaments are awesome, even more so with the DLC (such as the drunken master style).

You should look up some youtube videos before you decide to dive in.
Nah, I just dive in. It is how I keep my inner critic in check and allow myself to experience the weirder or less polished experiences out there. There are a lot of games I've played that look horrid when watching but play awesome when the controller is in your hand.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: July 01, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »

and that's what makes it beautiful

i got bored with the cutscene movie included in yakuza 3. the story is good as part of a game but it's not really something i would watch as a movie.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7034 on: July 01, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »

i think he mean that its funnie rif you dont know whats going on

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: July 01, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »

i guess lol
bitserum
« Reply #7036 on: July 01, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »

Playing Gunpoint which I picked up on the last Humble sale.
I like the game enough, especially the humor in the conversations between missions. The story is quirky and just thrilling enough. I love the crazy jumping, though the missions feel too easy overall and most upgrades don't seem to be needed at all.
GUI is a little messy at times, but no big deal. My biggest beef with the game is lack of choice. Missions are usually forced on me as soon as I engage into a conversation (but then later I get a choice between two missions), wish that was better fleshed out.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »

Full disclosure: I like the other lucasarts adventure games I've played. I still don't think the other comedy ones are necessarily /funny/ but idk Monkey Island is for the most part better at conveying how the puzzles work and how the rooms actually connect to eachother.

Yes, and that's why they're amazing. Also Yakuza 2's like the antithesis of Bethesda openworld -- you get small, detailed areas with meaningful features instead of endless sprawls of nothing.

... At that, though, I was thinking of playing Daggerfall to see if I still hated it as much as I remember hating it. That's a bad reason to play a game, though. idk I feel like bitching about how dumb I think "immersion" is.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: July 01, 2015, 03:25:44 PM »

idk I feel like bitching about how dumb I think "immersion" is.

finally somoen who understands
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: July 01, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »

Rubber tree

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic