Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:50:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903613 times)
JamesKel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7380 on: September 10, 2015, 12:19:43 AM »

Now I am playing GTA VC. Smiley

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7381 on: September 11, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »

Dropsy is so frickin good

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: September 11, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »

still always weird recognizing a steam game from tig lol
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »

I just saw it on Steam this morning, too. Super stoked.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: September 11, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »

Yeah, I'm having a good ole time with Dropsy.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7385 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »

Bought it but will wait until my girlfriend comes and suggest her to play it together

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7386 on: September 12, 2015, 11:23:56 AM »

I think I forgot to mention:

Zelda Randomizer
Super Metroid Randomizer

They're fun, and the Zelda one is *far* more entertaining (since the world/level design isn't strict and rigid, like early SuperMet is), but both are cool for how they are.

YellzBellzDotCom
Level 0

YellzBellzDotCom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7387 on: September 13, 2015, 10:37:05 PM »

I am playing 7 Days to Die when I need a code break, the wifey is playing Divinity Original Sin!

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7388 on: September 14, 2015, 04:23:08 AM »

Started playing Armello myself. It's a lovely game and there's some great design. It also, gratifyingly, is complex enough that it'd be a nightmare to try to play IRL, because there's so many pieces and conditionals.

My only complaints with it are that a couple of the heroes seem imba (played 7 games so far and whenever I don't win, the character Brun wins - a trend like that raises warning flags about balance!) and there's no way to make the game's animation speed up or something when it's not your turn.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:31:49 AM by starsrift » Logged

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »

Eschatos is coming out on Steam soon. Y'all should get it.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7390 on: September 14, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »

The Real Texas is SUPER WEIRD. I remember buying and playing it at release, but apparently I didn't get very far... Replaying now, and I can't remember anything beyond the first few minutes of the game. Lots of bizarre and interesting stuff to discover in this game.

Drof
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7391 on: September 15, 2015, 01:44:10 AM »

sounds good!

what would you say about their claims of "revolutionizing digital boardgames"? because u know, im a fan of physical boardgames who doesn't enjoy most digital adaptations of them so this part is pretty intriguing to me.

Armello definitely doesn't feel like an adaption. Everything was built from the ground up to be fun on a computer, and possibly more importantly, online.

That said, I'm not really a fan of physical boardgames, so the fact I like Armello is something to be said. Although I did meet the developers in their office a while back and chatted about industry stuff, so maybe I'm biased.

I'd say it's a video game which plays like a board game, not literally a board game through a digital medium.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: September 15, 2015, 08:03:45 AM »

cool  Smiley
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: September 15, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »

The Real Texas is SUPER WEIRD. I remember buying and playing it at release, but apparently I didn't get very far... Replaying now, and I can't remember anything beyond the first few minutes of the game. Lots of bizarre and interesting stuff to discover in this game.

I couldn't get into it, and that bummed me out. It seemed like there was this beautifully layered experience just waiting to be revealed, but my actual time with the game was spent hopping around, clicking on plants... have you broken through to the other side?

In other news, I am playing Elona+. This is maybe the biggest, stupidest, weirdest traditional roguelike I've encountered. It makes no sense and is terribly unbalanced. There is so much to do: farming, breeding, missions, overworld travel. And almost none of it makes a lick of sense.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: September 15, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »

I wanted to like The Real Texas more but then you start getting stunlocked by bats and then my pets started dying IRL so I stopped playing it.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7395 on: September 15, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »

I'm still pretty early in the game. I've wandered around Strange, Texas and talked to a whole lot of people, stumbled into a few interconnected basements, touched a poster of a naked woman that teleported me to a new place, ran into a German-speaking wizard in a tower, and restored a few hotel ghosts to their human form. Still trying to figure out how to go upriver to find Charles... It doesn't seem like there are any rivers around? There's water, but it's been in the form of lakes and ponds rather than rivers, and doesn't flow a particular direction. Not knowing and having to explore is part of the fun, though.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: September 15, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »

You start encountering the bats around the Garbadge Mines.

Your pets dying is contingent on other things.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7397 on: September 15, 2015, 01:56:37 PM »

man my games i am playing list keeps growing which is really bad with my attention span (and how much money i've spent :\)
i should probably hold off for a while. i need to prioritize, too. here's stuff i've got in progress
paper mario: ttyd -i haven't progressed since my last post because i haven't had access to a wii. i will next week, though. almost done there
majora's mask 3d -at the great bay part, gotta get those eggs. waiting for my New 3DS to arrive in a couple weeks to pick this one back up
persona 4 -stuck on a boss battle in the fall where i keep getting 1 shotted
dropsy -probably about halfway through judging from reported playtimes from others. this will probably be the first game i finish on the list. it's great!
MGS 3 -after like three times the game finally clicked for me the other night. only a couple hours in, though
monster world iv -this game is really good! i just got to the volcano place so i'm not far at all
undertale -if you like earthbound or space funeral you should probably get this game? it's a really cute indie jrpg that came out today and i've been enjoying it a lot for the little bit i've played. will definitely be playing more.
layton vs. wright - i got this today on the cheap and just got past the prologues. it's really good!
snakebird -i revisit this every couple of weeks. i usually solve a couple of puzzles, get stuck, quit and repeat the cycle anew. great game, though.

games i have but haven't started yet:
danganronpa -probably after i finish persona 4
puzzle and dragons 3ds - i should probably ween myself off of pokemon shuffle first
nier -i impulse bought this the other day when i saw it for $15. i've always been interested in it from afar, but we'll see
phoenix wright trilogy: i've been meaning to replay these recently so i bought it. maybe not the wisest purchase considering that i have them on ipad but i kinda hate playing on there and that port is a little janky.
LISA -my friend won't shut up about this one. probably a nice companion piece to undertale

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »

Dropsy's really great, but it has some problems. It's got a couple of big bugs, including one that makes the items (torn pages) for an optional side-quest impossible to obtain. There are a couple of graphical bugs, such as one where an animal companion is following you but an NPC behaves as if it isn't there because you're supposed to solve a puzzle first, or one where a video monitor will show a character that is not supposed to be there because a story event must logically happen first. There's also a nasty late-game bug where the game soft locks after a cutscene. Thankfully, you just need to reload your last autosave and do a one-minute cutscene, but it's still annoying.

Evidently the devs are working on more updates to fix it, which is good. Hopefully they manage to patch up the game stopping problems at the least, or patch the graphical ones too. They're also working on little things like adjusting dialogue bubbles to be less confusing for some puzzles.

A bigger problem is that the very cool ending is unfortunately very abrupt, and has very nearly zero connectivity to the rest of the game. There's scarcely any foreshadowing, and the twist is presented pretty suddenly, drastically, and then the game ends. On the bright side the finale features some really snazzy pixel art. There was a lot of potential to address this through the frequent dreamscape images, but looking back, I just don't see any connection. If there were more hints through the game (which would be easy to do, given the large number of optional sidequests) it would have been way more satisfying.

On that note, the dreamscape parts seem to have been pulled back the most from the developer's initial vision. Instead of an alternate world to be explored in segments, it boils down to a handful of walk-through cutscenes with no interactive bits.

The world map is also misleading - a few locations that appear on the map are inaccessible, probably because the developers had to cut content. They'll confuse you, however, because the connecting paths are still visible in the locations, so you might waste time trying to get to places that can't be entered. The devs could have fixed it by touching up the map and the relevant screens to no longer appear like there are additional locations.

I have trouble writing up a review like this, though, because it's always possible that I've missed content and my supposed loose ends are actually just hidden content to be found.

The game is still excellent, though. The pixel art is fantastic, the music is lovely, the options menu includes toggling on and off squeaky clown shoes, and it's oozing with positive vibes as Dropsy helps raise the spirits of all the denizens of his little town one warm, damp hug at a time.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: September 15, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »

minor undertale spoilers http://puu.sh/kd3cj/682ca5b211.png

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic