Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411745 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58459 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 23, 2024, 06:09:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTristan and Iseult
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tristan and Iseult  (Read 756 times)
Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:53:54 AM »

Some of you may remember that back in the dim and distant mists of time (about a year ago) I started an entry to the Assemblee competition, using some of DBB's tilesets and the Oddball/Oryx little-people sprites to make an Advance-Wars-esque wargame... which never got remotely finished thanks to various other distractions at the time.

Well, I've gone back and finished it off, albeit this time using the Ren'Py engine instead of Flash/Flixel; again, for a game-in-a-month challenge, but since several people around here mentioend they were sad to see it not get finished, I figured I'd post and let you know it was done. ;-)

You can find the game downloads (Windows/Mac/Leinnucks, although the last one isn't tested) here:

http://www.eviscerate.net/page/tristan-and-iseult

If you downloaded the game and at some point it crashed and you want an update, you can find patch information here (short version: there are some patches, and I'm sorry!):

http://www.eviscerate.net/article/tristan-and-iseult/patch-information

- it's still mostly an Advance-Wars-esque game, with a story wrapped around it that's halfway between a Visual Novel presentation and the short mission intros you get in AW games. It's not especially hard right now, since writing decent AI that can't be trivially gamed is pretty hard in a month when you have lots of other stuff to do as well, but it's not a total pushover either.

Of course, it has all the features that a modern game needs:

Shameless Gore!

Physics Simulation!
(Kind of...)

Language of Questionable Moral Character!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:05:28 PM by Sar » Logged

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic