Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:16:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInvasion - Turn Based Strategy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Invasion - Turn Based Strategy  (Read 4430 times)
ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »

General Information
I am making an independent TBS computer game for 4-5 years. I completed it and released it as a shareware. In short its like combination of Sid Meier's two game : Colonization and Civilization.

There are 10 civilizations, different bonuses for every civilization, special units. In cities citizens can work on not only gold, food and production they can work on food, cotton, tobacco, fur, wood, stone, gold or petrol. In city buildings citizens can convert cotton into cloth, tobacco into cigar, grape into wine and fur into coat. Player have to collect stone to build buildings in cities. There are science charts like in civilization. Please examine details and give your ideas and advices about game.

There are different buildings and wonders which effects military production, science research speed and culture in the city like in civilization.

Web Page
You can examine game details from http://www.ozangumus.com

Download
You can download trial version of Invasion Turn Based Strategy Game v0.2 from one of these (11 MegaBytes)
http://www.ozangumus.com/demo.html

Screenshots :

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:13:57 AM by ozangumus » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:41 PM »

I'm sure you mean well, but this not a good forums for self-advertisement. You should read the forum guidelines before posting.

I heard the indiegamer forums are okay with it, though.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

Then I misunderstood the fact. Is not this forum for discussing about indie games. If I am a player of a indie game cannot open a topic here about that game? If I can do that, cannot I open a topic as producer? I cannot see any differences, because I released my game today and currently I am the only player. I will review forum rules. Thanks.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »

If you'd like feedback on your game, then you could post it on the Feedback forum. However, while this is a forum for discussion of indie games and game development in general, it tends to be frowned upon people that login in order to advertise their commercial game in order to get more sales.

You should read the rules here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=155.0

ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »

Ok, I read so moderators can delete or move my post to related topic.

But my first problem is not sales. I am working on this game for 5 years and last 5 years I waited this releasing date. And I have not got a lot of options in web which I can take feedback about my game. I posted info here. I am not making spamming in lots of forums. I posted info about my game 3 or 4 places. I think this page is related enought but it can be at wrong part of forum.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »

Yeah, now that it's on Feedback I guess it's alright. I'll see if I can try it out soon enough.

ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

Ok, I made a mistake with posting it to general games forum. I did not see feedback part, I cannot read all rules because today I have a limited time for lots of thing.
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:34:09 PM »

Thats the problem right there. Saying that you came in here in a hurry and just posted your game just proves that you just wanted a website to freely advertise your game.

Sorry to sound uncaring and mean, but you didnt really even try to do anything other then post your game..
ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 05:01:18 PM »

Saladan if I really want to advertise freely I was not be waiting at this topic for your replies. I do not want to hear nothing more than feedbacks after now. I said I was mistaken, I think that is enought.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:06:44 PM by ozangumus » Logged
Saladan0
Level 1

I am so Indie I beat Diamond Rider on Legendary.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »

Perhaps I was a bit to harsh. I was wrong, sorry.
ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 05:43:27 AM »

Ok Saladan Smiley

If you downloaded game yesterday please try again,
there were some problems in sounds and enterance menu I fixed them.

Please give positive/negative feedback.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 10:15:19 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

To begin everyone stop apologizing.  It make Pencerkoff sick.

Now on to game criticism.  I play Civilization since first edition and I like your game.  What I don't like is that this is game you pay for but most of ideas in game aren't original.  I like the use of building materials and multiple-production possibilities, but besides not much is new.  You could add more new features, make it yours and earn your money.  Don't get me wrong I like game but I think it is because I like Civilization games.  I think you have skill to make more unique game.  Maybe with game making experience you now have you can focus on innovation in game play.  Even changing names of things like technologies would help.  Or making new technology system based on multiple-researching like your production feature I like.  These just ideas but game needs more spice.  Do you have plans on future games?

Also limitations on free version are too much, maybe you can figure out 1-day trial instead of game feature limitation?

-PENCERKOFF

ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »

Hi Saccocka,

Firstly thanks for your comments. I am working on this game for 5 years and posted information about my game to 3 forums after releasing and firstly you made a comment. I was very disappointed after seeing nobody paying attention to Invasion. You are saying right. I know I have that negatives. I tried to change technology names at least but my English is not enough to find out new names, they can be irrelevant to that technology. So I did not changed much but if you can find one or more of course I can change it becomes better. I started making that game when I was 18 and I made basics when I was in that age. So I did not tried to be imaginative, I was influenced from Sid Meier's games and formed game basics on Civilization. But in my new games of course I will be more imaginative. If you find out new ideas can be added to game please also add them. Maybe multiple science can be an option, every city can work on different science but if I change this I have to change lots of thing in game from start. I have to think all these general rules before starting codding the game at least before codding Artiffical Intelligence part.

Trial limitations is too much. I want to see people are playing my game firstly. Selling much comes second, I want to see people understood my game when trial ends. If I make a short trial people cannot understand what Invasion gives. Invasion is a very detailed game not a simple one. But understanding and playing it is very hard.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:45:12 AM by ozangumus » Logged
Kisguri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 05:14:27 AM »

FEEDBACK!!!

Ok so I enjoyed the game, a couple of points I would like to suggest that might help the overall play flow, First you have a combination of Key and Mouse use in the game, I think keeping that is fine, but the player should be able to do everything with the mouse, For instance when you have a city screen up you need to press Esc, just a a close button somewhere on the window, also the same for the end turn, you have to hit the Spacebar just add down in that corner their a Next or End Turn button, this will make in my humble opinion the game flow a bit smoother when playing it!

The Romans Wiped me out, Jerks.....

ozangumus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 04:10:00 AM »

Thanks for your feedback Kisguri.

player should be able to do everything with the mouse, For instance when you have a city screen up you need to press Esc, just a a close button somewhere on the window

I added close menu buttons to all recent menus.

The Romans Wiped me out

I also made easiest ai more easiest:)

Also
  New and more entertaining colonization-like musics added.

Job of player become easier in determining which product his villagers will work on by giving product price information ext.

Some bugs are corrected about changing screen and wrong-language dialogs and missing headers ext.

You can download Invasion Version 02 (released : 12.06.2008) from
http://www.ozangumus.com/demo.html

If you find any more bugs or your game did not open or you get any error messages please report. You are the probably first person who faced with this error, because game is so new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic