Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:07:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCold Vengeance
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cold Vengeance  (Read 2417 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »

Cold Vengeance is a top-down run-n-gun in the style of Commando.  I'm making it in Flashpunk.

It is now done.  Play it here:  http://www.kongregate.com/games/malecs2b/cold-vengeance

You play as Sgt. Jon Dagger.  The Canadians have launched an all out assault on America.  They bombed all major American cities and then sent in their army and ninja brigade.  You must reclaim your homeland and take the fight to the Canadians in the the frozen wastes they call home.  But on the way, you must fight your way through Ninja infested forests and post-apocalyptic cities swarming with Canadian soldiers and rioting thugs.  

The Canadians destroyed your home.   Now it's time...

FOR COLD VENGEANCE!

I'm designing and coding, and doing the tile art, whereas my friend Ben is doing the character art (he did some of the enemy art in Dadaists Gone Wild).

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:45:41 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »

Well, it looks like Ben is probably out, so I'll probably be doing the art myself.  Oh well, the game continues.

I've been trying to focus with this game on enemy variety (which is something my games are often lacking), and so far it's been going pretty well.  So far I've got soldiers shooting at you, firing rockets at you, standing on cliffs and trowing bombs and para-shooting out of the sky and running at you with a sword, with quite a few other enemy types either mostly made or in planning.  It all comes together to create what I think is some quite nice chaos.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »

NINJAAAAAAAS!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »

Cosr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

Kiss

We probably bought the nukes off the Americans, so you brought this on yourselves, really. Rioters we got, though, so that's topical.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »

Thanks, guys.  I've made the title screen.  I wanted to capture the two main influences of this game, ie. 80s arcade games and actionsploitation movies.  I think I pulled it off fairly well:

(the background scrolls, by the way)

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »

this is epic.
and reminds me of 16 bit windows games / shareware!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

The game is getting close to completion.  I should be releasing a beta version on Flash Game License soon.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »

If you have a Flash Game License account, you can try out the game here:  http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=19288

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »

The game is now finished.  Play it here:  http://www.kongregate.com/games/malecs2b/cold-vengeance

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic