Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:50:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignWhat direction?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What direction?  (Read 1301 times)
asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:19:41 AM »

Hello! I made a game (64pixels) about a year ago, and am still slowly developing it.
It's a sandbox game, but I noticed sandbox games don't really catch on to most people, and the ones they do are busy playing Minecraft. :<

Now, I am wondering whether to drag it in a different direction than sandbox creative electronics stuff...

Your opinions?

CURRENT IDEAS:
Level sharing - Just host a server! I may add multiworld soon, though...

LINKS:
game
tutorial
tigsource thread
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:10:37 AM by asiekierka » Logged

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:49:56 AM »

It is a level editor!

Now make the game for it!

(It's really cool, though, and I'm serious.)

leonelc29
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:37:07 AM »

agree with Drogen, it's kinda like a level editor(or maybe it really is)

And no, you probably should finish this game, as it's more like Little Big Planet rather than Minecraft. You can let player create a level(and probably rule of the game) then upload to somekind of database, so instead of crafting, the player get game making! Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right
asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:35 AM »

agree with Drogen, it's kinda like a level editor(or maybe it really is)

And no, you probably should finish this game, as it's more like Little Big Planet rather than Minecraft. You can let player create a level(and probably rule of the game) then upload to somekind of database, so instead of crafting, the player get game making! Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right

That is what servers serve for, to be honest... sharing!

Also it's kinda finished at any given point in time, I try to keep it fairly bugless instead of adding 10 new features and 100 new bugs every release (like a certain someone)... I just never make it 1.0 because it's never complete for me Tongue

This gave me an idea, though: multiple worlds on servers!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »

Drogen

Hand Shake LeftApoplectic

eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »

"and the ones they do are busy playing Minecraft. :<"

Terraria is also becoming popular, despite Minecraft. I think there's still room to grow in the genre.
leonelc29
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »

Sorry dude! Mistake it as a "g"  Sad

So here's the correction :
agree with Droqen, it's kinda like a level editor(or maybe it really is)

Terraria is also becoming popular, despite Minecraft. I think there's still room to grow in the genre.

Yeah, Minecraft are 3D sandbox game, Terraria is 2D sandbox game, it won't hurt to have a top down 2D sandbox game, since the gameplay are not really the same.
asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »

Yeah, Minecraft are 3D sandbox game, Terraria is 2D sandbox game, it won't hurt to have a top down 2D sandbox game, since the gameplay are not really the same.

Also Terraria is more RPG/item collection/combat-oriented than the mining/crafting Minecraft variety...
I think the closest game to mine would be... derp, I forgot the name. It was a 3D game where you had electronics, mechanical parts, and I believe the title started on "G".

Anyway, let's not get out of subject. What can I do to make my game more popular than the few irregular players I have now?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic