Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:20:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314753 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 21, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »

Her aura is still kinda bad when you think about it. ~26% of like 60 agil is such a trash can buff to damage...and then only works on ranged people -.-.
You're ignoring the fact that 14 of those percent are given at the first level. So for a fourth of the commitment (in skill points), you get more than half of the benefit.

no but seriously, max range, 1 point headshot, stats sniper whoaaaaaa (maybe 1 point in shrapnel for vision)
What, this is new? I thought it was how everyone played Sniper for the last few years... Tongue

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 21, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »

it was worth it to put points into headshot before, now im not sure you need more than 1 since it already has max chance, stun and it also never misses
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 21, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »

Her aura is still kinda bad when you think about it. ~26% of like 60 agil is such a trash can buff to damage...and then only works on ranged people -.-.
You're ignoring the fact that 14 of those percent are given at the first level. So for a fourth of the commitment (in skill points), you get more than half of the benefit.

no but seriously, max range, 1 point headshot, stats sniper whoaaaaaa (maybe 1 point in shrapnel for vision)
What, this is new? I thought it was how everyone played Sniper for the last few years... Tongue

Here is the not ignoring version. drow gains 26 + 1.9/lvl (Agil)
lvl 1--> 14% of 27.9 agility = 3.9 damage (better to go stats as it gives HP+armor+attack speed)
lvl 6 --> 14% of 77.4 agility (with the double bonus)= 10.8 damage (bad if ignoring leveling other skills (silence/arrows), better than stats for 1 point)
Lvl 11 ---> 14% of 106.9 agility = 14.966
Lvl 11 With manta ---> 14% of 132.9 = 18.6 damage
Lvl 16 ---> 136.4
Lvl 16 (with manta) ---> 162.4

So what does all this mean? Drow should go 1 point in Precision Aura at the earliest lvl 7, then should only lvl above 1 over stats at around 100 agility even for pure dps as 3-4damage is about equal to 2 damage + 2 attack speed.

Before you would never ever level Shrapnel till the very very last 4 levels.

Headshot is not a 1 point wonder, in fact it's one of the strongest single skills in the game even before the buff, think of it as cold snap from invoker...but always, with no cooldown directly and no internal cooldown though has a miss chance. I'd much rather hold 4 levels in headshot than range it's simply a free almost-MKB now...with a 40% chance of true strike.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:05 AM »

Drow has more than 28 agi at level one if she purchases items (which she should, lol). Also, you're not counting the damage that it gives to ranged allies. It feels like you're trying to make the aura sound worse than it is.

I still need to try the new changes, but I think my new skill build for Drow will be either QEQWQ, EQQWQ or EQW-stats depending on the situation. Q is better at level one vs melee heroes or if I find a double damage rune. E is best for last-hitting or for team benefit. One point in everything then stats seems like the best farming build (but makes you useless until you have your items), just like the 1-1-1-stats AM build.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »

Drow has more than 28 agi at level one if she purchases items (which she should, lol). Also, you're not counting the damage that it gives to ranged allies. It feels like you're trying to make the aura sound worse than it is.

I still need to try the new changes, but I think my new skill build for Drow will be either QEQWQ, EQQWQ or EQW-stats depending on the situation. Q is better at level one vs melee heroes or if I find a double damage rune. E is best for last-hitting or for team benefit. One point in everything then stats seems like the best farming build (but makes you useless until you have your items), just like the 1-1-1-stats AM build.

I'm not trying to make it sound bad at all actually. before when I said "trash can damage" I was referring to those who will be maxing it out right away when in actuality it's only a 4% increase per lvl.

including starting items drow lvl 1 is 35.9 agil 14% of that is 5 damage. (double slipper, 2 branches, 1 pot, 1 tengu). This is important because it's not till about 7-8 more agility will you gain an extra 1 damage from it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:22:48 PM by Pandara_RA! » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2365 on: October 22, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »

I don't know who would suggest maxing it first. one point would be the most efficient, then maxing it last. it's obviously a late game skill, you can read the tooltip and figure that one out for yourself.
Bandages
« Reply #2366 on: October 22, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »

I'm pathetic  Durr...?

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »

Holy shit, I just noticed drows aura...works on RANGED CREEPS...GOLBAL.

wut wut wut...so much auto push. + liek 40-60 damage on anything ranged...then you take a ranged rax and you sit there and these creeps hit harder than most heros like welp.

ENGIMA that ranged damage goes from liek 20-30 to like 120 each little mini guy.
wtf is this, drow for tier 1.

CanvasPhotosOnline
TIGBaby

Printing on to canvas | Canvas photos online

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2368 on: October 25, 2012, 04:33:56 AM »

Hi Nillo
Thanks for your nice post. I am appreciate to you.

The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 25, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »

drow enigma and quas exort invoker in a team... pew pew
Bandages
« Reply #2370 on: October 25, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »

new drow is insane

every ranged thing on my team had +54 damage last game when I was level 18

creep waves were pushing t3s on their own
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »

at first I was like well this skill is pretty meh, when it was like, oh wait every single ranged thing that you own ever is going to hit like a truck, like having NP in all lanes at all times.

add in anyone like np with her and the lanes will auto push to the position he needs to tree it down.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 26, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »

Has anyone tried the allegedly incredible Drow + Enigma combo yet?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2373 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »

had an awful game where we lost because our drow had her aura on the entire game. so our lane was always pushed, we had to go past the river to get experience or cs. after about 20 minutes no one saw any meaningful cs besides the jungle. it was awful.

all the drow aura did that game was feed easy cs to the enemy's chaos knight and starve our team from lane creeps.

centaur was another huge reason we lost that game. that ultimate is imbalanced.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »

Incoming Stampede nerf?

Bandages
« Reply #2375 on: October 26, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »

Stampede has won every teamfight I've had the misfortune of being in.

Seriously, everything is going well, teamfight proceeds as normal and suddenly they all have haste and phase and a stun that does a million damage. Really bogus. And it's global, for some reason.

It's so stupid that it doesn't even make sense flavor-wise.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 26, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

Has anyone tried the allegedly incredible Drow + Enigma combo yet?

My experience with it was they auto kill towers like serpent wards on a short cooldown, once they multiply it's over if they have like ~30 damage bonus.

Drow does INSANELY well with natures prophet the lanes mid/late game are always pushed and they never EVER stop being pushed. the ranged creep has literally +30 to +60 damage at all times which is like 3-4 times it's normal damage and will always push the lanes, letting natures TP and summon right in position to push down anything he wants unlike before where he had to set up the push.

if drow gets late game, the game is simply over 9/10 times. Period. I got +70 damage on the ranged and every time the enemy pushed out they would pound on a tier3 or rax, they would push back and then about 2 mins later same thing automatically.

The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 26, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »

icefrog if you're gonna make dumb stuff like drow aura and centaur ult global how bout you make everything global

skeleton king ult global.........
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 26, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »

isn't it already?

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Bandages
« Reply #2379 on: October 26, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »

Global abilities should make some kind of sense. How is drow being really agile a hundred feet away from a ranged creep going to make it suddenly hit like a truck. Why would centaur ulting in the fountain make heroes in the enemy jungle stampede?

I'd really like to see a global ravage, or maybe a global black hole
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic