Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:10:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314812 times)
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2940 on: November 18, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »

Support/Initiator. Like Magnus.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:11 PM »

Alright. As for ember spirit, Desolator works really well. YOu can use slight of fist to reduce multiple hero's armor at once. I also think mkb is a really good item.
MrBones
« Reply #2942 on: November 21, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »

Ember Spirit has shown me what true joy is in this game.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: November 22, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/i6nIlpt.jpg

Noo, what happened to my bananamancer :c

He only wanted to kill everyone...

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
AshfordPride
« Reply #2944 on: November 22, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »

AXE HAS LOST HIS SCRUNCHY

HELP AXE LOOK FOR IT
starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2945 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »

My DotA2 now CTD's since the last patch, it's never done that before. Sad

As is coding.

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: November 23, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

Its done that to me once or twice. Never while I was in a game. There is a steam patch in beta that is supposed to fix it.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 24, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »

Played a game as axe, went 6/0 in the first 10 minutes. The entire enemy team raged.
Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:52 AM »

Is it possible to "fix" the drow ranger so players stop hating her?

I am a Drow Ranger player (80% of my matches are as Drow Ranger)

I noticed there is two very popular categories of haters:

The newbies, hate her because they suck at countering her, specially, they don't realize that she is easily killed if instead of running from her, you run TO her (and thus disable her ultimate, and also kill her easily because the very low HP).

The pros hate her, because on your team usually she is a liability (squishy, no stun, no decent disable, no decent escape), and on the other team, if the opposing team is pro enough, she is hell annoying (ie: you are going well in the teamfight, and suddenly everyone is silenced, and the most squishy person of your team dies)

I personally think that if you fix her for the pros (for example, give her a more dangerous disable, like hex or stun) she will go VEEERY far into overpower territory, and piss off newbies more.

If you fix her to the newbies (for example by making her slow suck, or give back her first ultimate, that was just a random change to one hit kill creeps) she will get far into underpowered territory, and noone will play her anymore.

So, how would you fix the Drow Ranger? How to make her a less controversial hero without unbalancing her? (I think she is one of the most carefully balanced heroes, this can be seen in match statistics, as she wins roughly 50% of matches where she is present, and has global kill/death ratio close to 1)

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 29, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

I dont think there is an easy way to balance her without changing the way she works. She is an autoattack hero, and noobs usually hate her as well as pros. Just like sniper.
starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2950 on: November 30, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »

The real problem with Traxex is that her skill ceiling is appallingly low, which is why she's so OP in low-level games and UP in higher level games. In low level games, a noob can master Traxex in their first game, whereas the other players are still trying to figure out what they're supposed to be doing. In a higher level game, it's more of an, "Oh, that's all you have? That's nice, dear. I brought a BKB, now I'm going to punch you in the face."

Her ultimate needs to be reworked to make it an active ability or something similar. If it's an active, they could revert a few of the latest nerfs, and make her freaking scary again with it up. Could even give the ultimate a target cripple effect, similar to a RAtos or Diffusal. An Aghanim's upgrade. But the biggest impact would be on how easy Traxex farms creeps, which is way, way, way too easy for a carry. Make her work for her pay, damnit.
Could reduce the AOE of her silence to make it more of a skillshot rather than a drunken click in a hero's general direction, or add a cast delay like Leshrac's Split Earth and Lina's Array.
She might also use some nerfs or stat changes to require more utility items instead of just a bkb + maybe shadowblade + all the damage items ever.

But I think the most significant thing she needs is for Marksmanship to not be a passive, to introduce some decision-making.

As is coding.

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: December 01, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »

Well, her ultimate is not that easy to use anymore... You must be at least 400 units away from the enemy.

This makes her harder to play, but extremely squishy (more than she already is), Naix, Riki, Slark, all of them EAT her alive easily.

Indeed, if you made her ultimate a active skill, but much more scary, then maybe she would be more appreciated by both newbies and pros (ie: for newbies, she will be less scary, as people will need to figure her active, and for pros, she will be less squishy against melee jumpers like Slark or Huskar)

PowRTocH
« Reply #2952 on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »

I hate this game.

No matter how well you play it's impossible to win because of garbage players.

Just big ol' husks of garbage that call themselves players.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 01, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »

I hate this game.

No matter how well you play it's impossible to win because of garbage players.

Just big ol' husks of garbage that call themselves players.
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/3/3b/Troll_lose_03.mp3

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
PowRTocH
« Reply #2954 on: December 01, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »

That would be funny if it actually wasn't true.

And it's not everybody, it's just one or two players can completely ruin a game.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »

I friend every nice person I play with so I can always get a party of 5 an thus avoid garbage players
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2956 on: December 03, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »

I stumbled upon
DOTA GLOVE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W9wWnI5pnpo#t=71

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 03, 2013, 05:10:18 AM »

I am a half-garbage player, so I cannot complain too much Tongue

Although I agree, that having a random garbage player on your team can fuck it up hard (example: lost a match because we had a centaur that was playing too agressive and kept diving at vengeful and dieing, to the point she was at level 8 and he was 4, and he STILL tried it, and me, also level 4, tried to save him, and venge scored a double kill... After being fed enough by centaur, venge went just double-killing our lanes several times in a row, ended having level 20 while everyone else (including the rest of her team) was level 10 (and centaur level 6), and pulled a RAMPAGE on our team.

She did not even bothered killing our towers, she just cared about making the score of the game end 60x7 (about 45 kills hers... on my team 4 kills were mine, plus one for each other player, except the centaur).

Venge ended I think about 45x0 or 45x1 or something like that.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2958 on: December 05, 2013, 03:43:01 AM »

I'm really getting tired of countless dota games being ruined by just one of the 10 people playing feeding shamelessly.

I'm not just trying to excuse games I've lost, most of the game I've won recently haven't felt any better because you look at the enemies score an go "oh, their mid is 0-16"

It doesn't matter which side the feeder is on, having one vastly under-skilled player out of 10 ruins the entire game, and this just keeps happening lately

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 05, 2013, 07:36:35 AM »

I'm really getting tired of countless dota games being ruined by just one of the 10 people playing feeding shamelessly.

I'm not just trying to excuse games I've lost, most of the game I've won recently haven't felt any better because you look at the enemies score an go "oh, their mid is 0-16"

It doesn't matter which side the feeder is on, having one vastly under-skilled player out of 10 ruins the entire game, and this just keeps happening lately

Yesterday I was hit by something worse... a GOOD player that is clueless (or a troll, I am not sure).

So, other team had earthshaker, and juggernaut on top lane, I had not picked yet, on my top lane there was Naga and Sven (we were Dire, so top lane for us was the safe one).

I was not paying much attention to what was going on, and asked what hero I should pick (from Drow, Spectre, Zeus or Omni), but Naga asked me to go with Tidehunter instead... I said I did not knew how to play him, but Naga insisted she knew some crazy combo... And I stupidly, believed her.

So, Naga asks me to go top. (I thought the idea was me + her, so Sven could go bot and help Gondar, while Templar would go mid...)

I go, and Naga instead go jungle (wtf 1)

Also we had no mid, and while we three on top were arguing with Naga that went jungle, the two persons bot started to argue between themselves too, and Gondar got fed up with TA and went mid (because TA just refused to go mid).

I thought that although we lost some levels on the arguing, and Naga jungle was weird, maybe we could make up for it...

Except Naga started to pull creeps endlessy, she pulled almost ALL creeps on the lane, also Sven got upset with TA dieing a lot bot against two heroes and went to help her (leaving me alone top). Also Earthshaker went missing... (more on what he was doing later), so it was me alone against juggernaut, without creeps on my side... Since my side had almost no creeps, earthshaker got busy stacking creeps on his side (the logic is simple: my side had few creeps, thus why defend his tower?).

After a LOOONG time trying to convince naga to stop stacking creeps, jugger reached level 6, and like I said, my side had almost no creeps. I saw him walking toward my direction, full hp, full mana, level 6 (and me level 3), and then my lane comes with! 2 creeps... (one melee, one ranged), so I promptly start shouting at the radio, upset with naga, and bail out of the lane, since I did not wanted juggernaut to omnislash me.

Then earthshaker comes back... with KAZILLIONS of creeps. and like I said before, our lane had ZERO creeps (thanks to naga), so going there is suicide (beside earthshaker and his creeps, anyone poking his head would get jugger ulti). I abandon the lane, and earthshaker + jugger + creeps kill the two towers + half HP of the third tower. with me on level 3, naga level 2...

The entire team start to berate naga, and tell her to go play properly and stop trying to go jungle. So... naga quit!

And then I could see how a skilled player (naga obviously knew her skills, and was really good in pulling creeps toward any neutral camp she wanted) could totally destroy his own team.

Even the other team got pity on us, and asked why the hell we don't even tried to counter earthshaker creep trick (we all told them it was stupid naga pulling creeps... they said they felt sorry for us to having so bad person on our team...)

And we can do NOTHING about it, what naga did was not technically against the rules, we cannot report her. Probably she won't be ever punished, and she can pull that trick again how many times she want.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic