Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:45:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314805 times)
Rayiner
« Reply #3040 on: July 08, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »

I like Cloud9, except for EE.

Way too much anime for one human.

that's weird, he's usually known as the most hyped C9 player on scene.
Bandages
« Reply #3041 on: July 09, 2014, 07:41:44 AM »

Oops there's that annoying "I can't tell that someone is exaggerating and must make a comment about it because it makes my autism flare up when someone doesn't say explicitly what they mean on the internet" again.

You clearly lack the maturity of someone who's been through medical school, so perhaps leave diagnosis to trained professionals.

The only way I can understand your posts (Constantly saying "get gud" in the Dark Souls thread in lieu of... anything, saying "this sucks" "they suck" "you suck" without any actual effort into making a convincing argument, speaking as though you speak for all people) is to imagine you think you're being funny. You're not a jerk, no, but you PRETEND to be one. There is humor there, you know, so you're not wrong. The problem is, the humor comes from the difference between a normal, emotionally well adjusted persona and a momentary shock of rudeness. If you're frustrated with a game,and one of your close friends offers derision instead of support, that's kind of funny. The problem is: you never do anything but pretend to be a jerk. There's no "other". There's no balance. All you are is rude, so it's not funny to anyone but you. You can claim it's a joke all you want, because, to you, it is. But to people who don't know you (me, and I'm sure plenty of other people) you just come off as... a jerk.

This line from Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night may reach you better than my own exhausted attempt:
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Just... try to be a nice person. It'll make the times where you do your pretend rudeness have some merit as anything other than bullying. If you're really just a jerk through and through... well then I'm sorry I even engaged you in the first place, and I ask that you just leave me alone instead of trying to come up with any more insults you've heard second hand online.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3042 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:54 AM »

Yes you got me I am a pretend asshole. It is all a facade. If I say you win will you shut the fuck up and talk about Dota? Because if so, you win. :confetti:

In other news. Dota is starting.

I want to watch Synd but LD annoys the hell out of me. Looks like I'm watching Cap/Waga.

Dota2lounge was so swamped I couldn't bet. I even have a dedicated bot.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:21:49 AM by Rabbit » Logged

Bandages
« Reply #3043 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »

Hey, even begrudging acceptance is still nice.

I don't know which of the four games to watch. I like DK more than the other teams, but I feel like I should keep my eyes on EG since they have so many good players who have never been to an International before. Alliance and IG are both powerhouses so that game should be interesting... Oh, to have four games concurrently but only one computer.

Also I'd agree with you about BTS casters. LD and Zyori (especially Zyori) can be really grating at times. Pro players like Synd and Fear make for great commentators, and my favorite among them is Merlini.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3044 on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »

Alliance is drafting really defensive.

Meanwhile Cloud9 picks Mirana/Bane. Again. I wish Mirana wasn't so damn good. Really tired of seeing her all the time.

EDIT: Pffft then they pick Drow for EE. Has this ever worked? Every time he gets Drow he gets crushed.

Rayiner
« Reply #3045 on: July 09, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »

Alliance is drafting really defensive.

Meanwhile Cloud9 picks Mirana/Bane. Again. I wish Mirana wasn't so damn good. Really tired of seeing her all the time.

EDIT: Pffft then they pick Drow for EE. Has this ever worked? Every time he gets Drow he gets crushed.

rtz just wiped them. eh.
mirana and bane is ez mode, but it don't work for em I think.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3046 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:50 AM »

Era dodges glimpse into static storm/static field with Phantasm.

So good. SOOOOO good.

Go figure that EE on Drow is having no impact. He should stop picking his waifus and pick heroes that are good.

45edftyu
« Reply #3047 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »

Go figure that EE on Drow is having no impact. He should stop picking his waifus and pick heroes that are good.

hurr durr durr you're stupid as fuck son
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »

Does w33 has a team? The only two players I know are Dendi and Fear, lol
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3049 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »

Who is w33?

Alliance is getting smacked around. Wouldn't be surprised if they still win though.

EDIT: Never mind. Their completely ridiculous draft didn't work out after all.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:26:36 AM by Rabbit » Logged

Rayiner
« Reply #3050 on: July 09, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »

fnatic are just raping favorites.
they won against DK and now they raped navi.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3051 on: July 09, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »

I would have won every single bet I wanted to place today if I could have actually bet. Fuck you, Dota2Lounge, and your shitty website that can't handle traffic.

And now Fnatic starts throwing.

Teams need to stop trying to run a position 1 mirana. Its stupid. Please stop.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:32:25 PM by Rabbit » Logged

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 09, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »

That moment when your mouse double clicks disconnect and abandons the game right after you get out of the lowpool Facepalm
PowRTocH
« Reply #3053 on: July 09, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »

didn't watch the games today because i have a job but

i'll post what i was thinking last night

Cloud9 is pretty fucked. Just listening to Sing/bone7 before the tournament in interviews there's very little confidence in their abilities. Or maybe they're just seeing things objectively.

I think EG will make it to 5th.

Liquid's in a good place.

Newbee is overrated.

I hope IG wins, but nobody knows.

I expect TI2-esque dota.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:06:38 PM by Cow » Logged
PowRTocH
« Reply #3054 on: July 09, 2014, 06:56:37 PM »

oh there's games on now
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »

Cloud9 is pretty fucked. Just listening to Sing/bone7 before the tournament in interviews there's very little confidence in their abilities. Or maybe they're just seeing things objectively.
Wink
bitserum
« Reply #3056 on: July 10, 2014, 06:25:08 AM »

I just came back after a long hiatus, and though I never really liked Drow and was expecting a nerf, she just seems totally underwhelming now with that shit ulti. What gives?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3057 on: July 10, 2014, 06:52:21 AM »

Cow,

C9 is in 1st place after day 1 with only 1 loss.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »

I just came back after a long hiatus, and though I never really liked Drow and was expecting a nerf, she just seems totally underwhelming now with that shit ulti. What gives?
She is all about her aura now and requires a team to be built around her that can abuse it.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: July 10, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »

It's a far better concept. Old Drow just had +45 agi as her ultimate and that is absolutely the most boring thing ever. The new ulti that has a bigger bonus, but gets disabled if you're in a bad spot, might be worse in practice but you can't deny that it provides something that resembles a challenge to Drow's otherwise extremely simple and effortless gameplay.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic