Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:32:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314819 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3060 on: July 10, 2014, 07:24:21 AM »

I think her ult is by far the weakest link in her kit. The new silence is really great and god knows frost arrows are insanely good.

Mostly because passive stat gain is just boring.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 10, 2014, 07:27:42 AM »

I think her ult is by far the weakest link in her kit. The new silence is really great and god knows frost arrows are insanely good.

Mostly because passive stat gain is just boring.
Yeah, I agree. It's quite weak as it is, but I don't know if I'd call the current incarnation of the skill "passive", since it does force you to behave in a certain way to keep the bonus (i.e. remain the fuck away from enemy heroes).

I dunno. If you were to remake Drow's ulti, what would you change it to? I was thinking that maybe she could have something that lets her walk through the trees (since she's Drow, and Drow people are forest dwellers) but I'm pretty sure that would be overpowered, haha.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: July 10, 2014, 07:33:36 AM »

Makes you think, a drow with Q maxed versus melee heroes 1v1 is a bit OP, but a focused drow in a team fight is very quickly disabled, making her only performant in melee 1v1, and in team fights when she's not the main focus
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3063 on: July 10, 2014, 07:47:24 AM »

I have no idea what I'd do to change her ult. The only archers with good ults are Clinkz and Mirana. Everybody with a bow needs a better ult. :I

Give her a volley of arrows that mini stun and apply whatever level of frost arrows you have. Give it a bit of wind up, sort of like Gyro's ult. Smaller AOE though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:59:13 AM by Rabbit » Logged

PowRTocH
« Reply #3064 on: July 10, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

Cow,

C9 is in 1st place after day 1 with only 1 loss.

small sample size
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3065 on: July 10, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »

Well now Liquid is in first place.

Fnatic is fuckin up. ):

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 10, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »

Or a huge frost arrow like LoL's version

Also, meepo is my new favourite <3

Third match with him, the blink + all-poof combo is so awesome!
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3067 on: July 10, 2014, 11:13:52 PM »

Kind of wish I was awake during the day to watch the matches live. Or even that I had time to watch more than like, two matches. Ah well.

Anyway, on Drow: Her reworked silence is great.
I'm actually starting to think her ult is okay. At least, at the level I'm playing at right now, positioning (game execution) is just as important as the draft, and Drow reinforces that. Yeah sure, it's boring, but she's a carry. Carries are for people who like playing boring characters with 1-3 passives and fight PvE for 20 minutes before starting to eye enemy heroes as targets. :|

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
bitserum
« Reply #3068 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:16 AM »

I do love Drow's new silence. But the ulti now feels the shittiest among "bow/gun heroes". I guess her other 3 skills sort of make up for that but still, it's not only a lame stat upgrade but also rendered useless quite easily (something I don't expect from an ultimate skill). I'd much rather see that ulti made a normal passive (with reduced agi gain of course) and have the aura boosted some more and make that her ultimate.

But for the record I stay as far away as possible from carries. Supports are where all the fun is for me.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3069 on: July 11, 2014, 06:13:36 AM »

Carries are for people who like playing boring characters with 1-3 passives and fight PvE for 20 minutes before starting to eye enemy heroes as targets. :|

what

i play carry all the time and i just start fighting as soon as i get one item. usually that item is drums.

not all carries are hard farming carries.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:24 AM »

Ironically, Drow happens to be one of the most aggressive carries and is fully capable of grabbing kills with Frost Arrows in the lane. She has many weaknesses, certainly, but the laning phase is not one of them.

Medusa, on the other hand...

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3071 on: July 11, 2014, 07:06:24 AM »

Medusa is a joke. She's barely useful with 6 divines.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: July 11, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »

Medusa is a joke. She's barely useful with 6 divines.
Thats because she needs stat and mana items to be absolutely unkillable instead of a stupid yolo build like that
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: July 11, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »

Who cares if she doesn't die? She does no damage. Let her stay alive forever it doesn't matter.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:30 AM »

Who cares if she doesn't die? She does no damage. Let her stay alive forever it doesn't matter.
If her team 5mans, her ult is like a stronger naga ult... she really isn't bad, only in laning.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3075 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »

The difference being Naga is also capable of doing damage, single target disables, and farming all 3 lanes at the same time.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 11, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Defense can be useful, up to a certain point. I agree that Medusa's current design puts her in a far too defensive spot, making her easy to ignore in most fights. She is a passive carry - perhaps the most passive. And because of this, I think she's the hero who has indirectly suffered the most from the trend of games being a lot shorter than they used to be.

Many of IceFrog's changes in recent patches (and when I say "recent", I mean like the last 3-4 years) have been aimed at encouraging fast and aggressive play, and preventing farmfests. This is why infinite buybacks were removed, for example. The consensus seems to be that fast games make Dota more "watchable" as a sport, so he's trying to compress the action into fewer minutes and allow good teams to pull off a quick victory. A quick game is Medusa's worst enemy.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »

i like meepo
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »

Ironically, Drow happens to be one of the most aggressive carries and is fully capable of grabbing kills with Frost Arrows in the lane. She has many weaknesses, certainly, but the laning phase is not one of them.

Bah, the only legit kills in lane phase are because of roamers who gank. Everything else is the dying player's fuckup.

I state this with the weight of experience in fucking up a lot.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 12, 2014, 03:49:41 AM »

Bah, the only legit kills in lane phase are because of roamers who gank. Everything else is the dying player's fuckup.

I state this with the weight of experience in fucking up a lot.
Of course. Getting killed is pretty much always a mistake on the part of the guy who just gave up a bunch of gold to the enemy. The only time dying should not be considered you or your team's mistake is if you died for the greater good, destroying a base or saving a more valuable ally.

Putting yourself in a situation where Drow might kill you is pretty easy: You just have to be in range of her basic attacks and not have enough mana to cast a spell that makes her stop attacking you. She sticks to her chosen target very well, and it doesn't take an enormous fuckup to find yourself in the "imminent rape radius" of an orbwalking, slowing attacker. You could argue that Viper does this more efficiently than Drow, but the idea is the same.

Compared to other carries, and especially compared to Medusa, I usually have a high number of kills when I play Drow (But I also have a lot of deaths because she is squishy as fuck, whoops).

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic