Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:34:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking For Sci-Fi/Cartoon Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking For Sci-Fi/Cartoon Artist  (Read 1692 times)
carbonHC
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »

Hello interested artists!

I've been working on my Android game for a few months now, and although I am far from a finished product, things are coming together extremely well. The style of this game will be sci-fi/cartoon. The artist will be compensated with a LUMP SUM (in discrete amounts per milestone). No revenue share and no hourly rates please. I'd rather pay upfront, and have everything I need.

Speaking of what I will need... I'll need menu screens, sprites, backgrounds, and basically all other assets in the game. The game will essentially be an RTS game (very similar to Starcraft). Because it's mobile, most characters will only be around 64x64 (maybe more) pixels. I'll need animated sprites for each character which includes walking and attacking animations. For this game, we're looking at maybe like 4-5 different good guys, and around 8-10 bad guys. Many android devices have a screen resolution of 480x800, so bear that in mind.

Also, you will not be responsible for designing the game or levels. You only have to provide the assets.

Because this is my first game, and because I'm a student, I'm not looking for professional artists looking to charge immense amounts of cash. I would prefer an up and coming artist who is willing to put his name out there.

If you are interested in what I have to say, please e-mail me at:

[email protected]

Make sure you include your rates in the e-mail.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:35:04 AM by carbonHC » Logged
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »

Hiya,

could you maybe just speficy the genre you're working in? This would make a huge difference - one-frame spaceships are different than fully animated platformer creatures.

And if you're not too shy about it, some info about the size of the game would be nice. For example, "I need # enemies, 1 protagonist with # animations and the game will have ## levels."

Info like this is pretty much indispensable when you're insisting on packet prices.

In any case, good luck finding your man!

(← new art twitter)
carbonHC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:22 AM »

Updated.

Thanks for the advice. Smiley
StripeyWhale
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »

Sounds cool!

I've got a question: how many directions will your characters need to face?  I.e. is it only left and right like a beat 'em up, or will they need to have animations in 4 or more directions?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic