Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:04:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAvid Amphibians [Complete Game]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Avid Amphibians [Complete Game]  (Read 2117 times)
Carefree games
« on: June 28, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

Avid Amphibians

My entry for a competition. Who knew frogs had such a big appetite!? Guide them in their hectic chow-down against the clock. There are six unlockable frogs to choose from, along with the two you begin with. Instructions are in the text file, and you may want to adjust your mouse speed. Happy eating!

>>Download Avid Amphibians<<

Any feedback is welcome. I'm most likely creating an extended version of this.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:31:29 AM by Carefree Games » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 04:53:38 AM »

Rule 2
If it's completed, why do you want feedback and what you are gonna do with these comments?

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:17:32 AM »

Isn't rule 3 "Feel free to post both finished and unfinished games"?

But, yeah, what's the feedback for? Are you going to fix it up for the competition?

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 05:18:51 AM »

I want to focus the attention on "Tell why you want feedback". Wink

Carefree games
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:29:19 AM »

Tongue

I plan on making a sequel of sorts. More like an extended version of it because I ran out of time for the competition. Any feedback is welcome.
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Hello hello,

I played your game for a bit.  It's a nice Game Maker game (I recognize that loading sequence anywhere).  Smiley

So a few things:
- The graphics look blurry.  Did you end up scaling up the artwork from a different size, but end up not doing it in a power of 2?  Or, did you used Bicubic scaling as opposed to Nearest Neighbor?  It causes that blurry effect instead of keeping crisp.
- I liked how you could select different frogs to use.
- The control was pretty tight, so no real issues there.
- Level design was interesting and offered different challenges to overcome.

Overall, it was a decent game that distracted me from work for a little bit.

I have one question though: is there a way to lose?  I understand that you want to keep the combo going as long as possible so achieve the most points, but I never felt a sense of danger when I played.  Once the combo meter was gone, I just took my time moving from one thing to another.  Maybe adding a time limit to a level would add to the gameplay.  The quicker you complete a level, the more bonus points you receive as well.
Carefree games
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »

I hate that loading bar. Especially since I see it every time I start up a game for debugging. At least this one fits the game!

- No, the graphics weren't resized., and they look fine on my computer.
- Which were you able to unlock?
- Some people have said the controls were akward. >_<
- Yup.

There is no way to loose. This game is for entertainment, not repeating yourself. However, if you happen to die, your combo bar will be set to 0. That's really bad if you've ben able to kep it for a long time. I designed the point system so some players can go slowly through the game and have a good time, while other players can challenge themselves The more you push yourself, the harder the game gets.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic