Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:09:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativedelete me
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: delete me  (Read 23865 times)
Jasmine
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »

delete me
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:50:19 AM by jlwgl » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »

list of games i want to make but am unlikely to anytime soon:

a roguelike about hell (with appropriate game mechanics)

a huge, exploration-heavy 3D open world rpg

a 4x game

an ultra-complex version of battleship

a cross between zelda and demon's souls (possibly a fangame)
mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »

Right now, a game where you play an ultimate people manipulator in a journey to destroy the world. Sort of simulation game where you pick random people and do random things to them and then level up your ego and then do more shit and so on until you completely devastate the world. Also, the sickest solutions are best rewarded.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »

An RTS where you can take 2 different units and fuse them together to make 1 new unit.
It'd be about like-- mutating animals n stuff, I guess.

And a game I will never make called "Legend of Halfbeard and the Impenetrable Princess" which would be an exploration platformer game about growing up being a nerd, feeling like you were born broken, like you've run out of opportunities to pull yourself up, and being one of those people "with a face you just wanna punch"-- but told in a fantastical fun Alice-in-Wonderland type way with nutty characters and big colourful boss fights.

I'm really interested in the mechanic of fusing 2 things together though, I hope I get to do that soon.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »

Battle Royale-themed roguelike I mocked up with ASCIIPaint a while back

A simple Assassin's Creed-alike I have all planned out in my head but 3D modeling broke my brain so that's shelved for a while

A crazy DMC-esque 3D beatemup with multiple paths and lots of cool attacks

Some others I guess.

... makes me simultaneously want to make game and want to go sit and stare and do nothing.
Legacy projects, y u no get made

EDIT:
Also an oddly-themed Tactics RPG that could qualify as edutainment (but be good)

And something in the vein of SMT. Something that makes you question everything.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:04:18 PM »

I'm curious as to what SMT made you "question." If it's related to religious beliefs please respond in a PM because I don't want this to turn into one of *those* threads.
Theophilus
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »

A nice little game with a very small online community. I've always liked the idea of having one of my games have a cult following.

More specifically, though:

-A roguelike where your actions in one life directly affect the next one. Similar to the idea of reincarnation.

-A shooter where you don't shoot, but instead, you must think up creative ways to make your enemies kill each other. Examples: Making your enemies shoot each other in a Monkey-in-the-middle fashion, making the enemy chase you until it runs out of fuel, making two or more enemies crash, etc.

-A game where there are thousands upon thousands of enemies trying to kill you, just chasing you, and you can't do anything about it but run or hide.

-A trippy dream I had where I was in a hot air balloon giant piles of poop were falling from the sky.

-Games about poop in general

-An awesome unconventional fighter/RPG where precision is what counts. Balance your player's fist movements based on where it will hit by moving where the limbs will hit the opponent. The RPG would be to make it a bit more luck based, and make equipped items matter, and an open world, and various fighting tournaments, etc.

EDIT:

DARN IT I want to work on some of these now.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:12:36 PM by Theophilus » Logged
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »

• Turn-based, real-time RPG

An RPG that takes place on a planet similar to the Mediterranean area, but is an alien planet defending from Earth colonization. Exploration-heavy.

• Experimental RPG series

Purely experimental. Planning out new formulas and systems, perfect for tabletop conversion.

• Cow Abducting game (Udducted

If only I can get a cabinet built for it. Second, getting a PC for it.
leonelc29
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »

a stealth-or-rampage game where you control a little alien parasite that can turn into a gorilla-like monster with great strength. the little alien parasite can stealth pass space marine and possess the space marine and control them.

a exploration game which tell the story of a guy that get turn into a (normal, no super power or stuff)dog and have to find a way to turn back. along the journey, the dog guy will see those human cruelty toward dog and cat(or animal).

action platforming RPG game with random encounter.

single screen score based casual game about a bunch of flying fish. may make this in my next project.
Ashkin
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »

A zeldalike like Link's Awakening except set in a procedurally-generated sea with islands like Wind Waker.
ink.inc
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »

An isometric squad based rpg where you control the members of a funeralhome/demon exorcist squad. Like Final Fantasy Tactics, but in real time, and with humor and guns. At night, you hunt demons, and during the day, you contact clients, set up jobs, and strengthen the main character's bonds with each of his (or her) teammates (similar to Persona 3's social links).
EssentialNutrients
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »

i want you all to know i am going to steal all of these ideas and make them my own

keep posting, this is a goldmine!
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »

I'd post mine long and great list but I'm afraid that someone will steal my ideas  Noir

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »

i want you all to know i am going to steal all of these ideas and make them my own

But what makes our ideas awesome, is our internal vision of them. And that is something you do not have access to.  Tongue

I think these are an amazing source of inspiration more than anything else. Copying would be stupid when you could use bits and pieces to inspire your own thoughts.  Beer!

EDIT:

I'd post mine long and great list but I'm afraid that someone will steal my ideas  Noir

However, I did know that it wouldn't be long before this was said^

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

I need to seriously get a handle on networking because most of the games I want to make require it.

There is one, however, that does not:

A pixellated platformer where the main character is a Caribbean musician and pot enthusiast.
It would be called "Rasterfarian(s)" Durr...?

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »

Good thread idea.

Shmup
I've started so many scrolling shooters (both horizontal and vertical) that it's embarassing I've never finished one.

Lightbox
A 3D puzzler thing with loads of tasty lighting. Moving over the surface of an object that you have to light up, or something.

Knight Chick
2D action platformer as awesome as Legend of Princess.

Cat Game
A 3D open-world single-player game set in an idyllic modern Japanese city (inspired by Ghibli films The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart). You play as a cat, and have to (or just "can" instead of "have to") help the humans out without them knowing, befriend people, play with other cats, etc. Lots of blue skies. Lots of catlike free-running across walls and rooftops.

Pretty much requires a AAA studio to make it, unfortunately.

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »

one that I keep in the back of my head is a FPS with the attitude and speed of Doom, mixed with typical late 80's early 90's arcade game aesthetics, rail shooters, third person shooters, etc.  Kind of the over the top and generic you VS an army of cybernetic-cyberpunk-scumbags-and-military-heavy-equipment-gone-rampant-in-the-heart-of-violent-city-set-to-explode.  Giant explosions, powerups, smartbombs...

The main goal for the FPS aspect would be being able to dive and roll, quickly scale obstacles etc with very fluid controls.  Kiss 

I guess there is a chance it could be third person, but I still have a strong desire to do FPS games that rethink how first person shooters can be.

redgyarados
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »

one that I keep in the back of my head is a FPS with the attitude and speed of Doom, mixed with typical late 80's early 90's arcade game aesthetics, rail shooters, third person shooters, etc.  Kind of the over the top and generic you VS an army of cybernetic-cyberpunk-scumbags-and-military-heavy-equipment-gone-rampant-in-the-heart-of-violent-city-set-to-explode.  Giant explosions, powerups, smartbombs...

Mmm, I've been thinking about such game for last few days... Very fast, very fluid "shoot-everything-up" FPS with not necessarily highend graphics.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

There's a lot of dreams I've had that would really make amazing games.

EXPLORATION BASED PUZZLE FPS: It would take place on this kinda weird low-poly world (think Proteus)
There'd be abandoned buildings and vehicles and a sort of weird infection/virus/organism taking over animals and making them violent. Armed military are there in small teams.
I think you shipwrecked there or something. And you're not that great with a gun.
Most dangerous situations would have to be dealt with by running away.

RURAL ALIEN INVASION HORROR 3RD PERSON SHOOTER:
Fields of corn. Rarely seen aliens. Animal carcasses. Dead family members. Teenagers.
Pickup trucks. Long Drives. Beautiful sunrises/sunsets. Possibly internet co-op.

A CUTE-EM-UP: go google "cute em up". Just... It wouldn't have any sexual innuendo or junk like that. Just straight up cute.

EDIT:
Cat Game
A 3D open-world single-player game set in an idyllic modern Japanese city (inspired by Ghibli films The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart). You play as a cat, and have to (or just "can" instead of "have to") help the humans out without them knowing, befriend people, play with other cats, etc. Lots of blue skies. Lots of catlike free-running across walls and rooftops.

Pretty much requires a AAA studio to make it, unfortunately.

This sounds so cool. Get a team together and do it. I'd be down. ha
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »

An RTS where you can take 2 different units and fuse them together to make 1 new unit.
It'd be about like-- mutating animals n stuff, I guess.

Impossible Creatures.  Messing with the creature maker was fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic