Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:22:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSource adventures
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource adventures  (Read 14087 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »

I love you Smithy.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »

Better then the time I caught my dad's truck on fire.
(Prop rod shorted on the battery lighting the pine needles on fire, we put it out with a blanket. When I told my dad he asked why we bothered to put it out. This was in the secret parking lot behind my highschool)

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 07:14:19 AM »

"Forward!"
medieval
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 08:42:38 AM »

Lucky Seventhed
Jrsquee
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Eighted.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »

Ninthed.

Yeah, I can't wait to get back to a real city and do some exploring. I live in a town of about 17,000 now and shit never happens here. It is kind of an old-foagie town. Hell, they shut down all of the bars because the Christian crowd didn't like them apparently. God, Oklahoma sucks. It is a good state for playing video games though  :D

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

Ninthed.

Yeah, I can't wait to get back to a real city and do some exploring. I live in a town of about 17,000 now and shit never happens here. It is kind of an old-foagie town. Hell, they shut down all of the bars because the Christian crowd didn't like them apparently. God, Oklahoma sucks. It is a good state for playing video games though  :D

Is there any state not good for video games? (omg total derailz)

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 04:17:21 PM »

Well, there are countries not good for playing games. Because of shit economy and such. Sad
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »

Well, there are countries not good for playing games. Because of shit economy and such. Sad
Hi. Sad
Jrsquee
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »

Hey!  I'm going Exploring tomorrow.  It's gonna be awesome.
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 06:33:03 PM »

I haven't really had any big adventures like the ones in this thread, but I've had some small ones perhaps.  Small things, really, but you remember them.

One that springs to mind is the time when I as a kid once found a horse's skull, alone, in the fog, in the small forest above the train tracks outside the women's shelter I was living at at the time, a big old-fashioned building now looming as a barely visible silhouette in the distance between the trees.  There was no sign of any other bones, just the big skull lying there, partially covered in dirt.  Must've been lying there for a long time, but no-one ever went into that forest.  The fog dampened the sounds of the goods trains driving by in the distance, groaning and smashing into each other as they do, but other than that there was no sound.  Just me and that long dead horse's head in the fog.

I dreamt of it appearing in my bed that night, like in an old gangster film.  I think we had a chat in the dream, but I don't remember what we talked about.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »

Interesting story about horses Skull
When I was younger, in cub scouts, the big final trip was to this camp about an hour away from my house. The big finally of the trip was a huge game of Predators and Prey.
(You have to collect food tokens, and you have 3 lives. The prey collects from places hidden around herbivore food tokens, Predators take it only from other players, and omnivores can get it both ways) A section of the forest was quartered off for this game, the rest was off limits and if you were caught you were perma dead. I had collected all the food I needed so I didn't want to lose lives to the predators and hunters(I was a herbivore)so I snuck off into the out of bounds area of play. I had found a large rotting animal. I believe it was a deer, but it was so rotten that it was difficult to pin point what it was. That night I couldn't sleep, I knew that whatever was big enough to kill it was still in the forest. I was 8 or nine.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »

Shocked

Goddamnit I'm just about to make up something just so I don't look like such a loser.

That was epic though Corpus.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 10:26:18 PM »

That was epic though Corpus.

Yeah it was  Beer!

I have had many similar experiences (I don't know if that is good or bad lol) like this one, well not on quite the same scale. I remember being at a party with some friends during high school and throwing this party. There was probably only about 50 or 60 of us there but eventually the cops got called and everyone dispersed into the woods. I just sat there because I never actually saw the police and as it turned out it was just a minor noise complaint and the police couldn't do anything anyways because my friend's parents owned the place and it was private property. I didn't really do anything too crazy I thought but apparently (according to this girl I sat next to in class) I started hitting on her twin sister (paternal) because I thought that she was her and proceeded to dance in the bonfire which, sure enough, my boot's soles had the melted spots on them to prove it to me. I felt like such an ass. I guess I blacked out a little...

The funniest time I can remember though is when about twenty of us had a "motel" party which in hindsight was probably not such a great idea. Long story short the cops got called due to noise complaints from the other tenants and everyone proceeded to jump out of the motel room's window into the alley. For some reason I went back to the room though and got spotted by one of the cops that were still there and he asked me to come there. I was sitting there thinking to myself,"oh, shit," and he asked me what I was doing there and I said that I was looking for a friends house (yeah, doesn't make any sense, but hey, I was pretty wasted) and he was like, "well, you do know that this is a motel right," and I took a quick glance around and was like,"oh, it is, oops, my bad," and started to leave. I was so amazed that he just let me go because obviously I was of about the same age as the rest of everyone else and I am pretty sure that he couldn't have thought that it was some kind of coincidence that some drunk teenager just waltzed in looking for his friends house. I ended up hightailing it out of there and met up with my friends back at my place later. Crazy times.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »

I didn't really do anything too crazy I thought but apparently (according to this girl I sat next to in class) I started hitting on her twin sister (paternal) because I thought that she was her and proceeded to dance in the bonfire which, sure enough, my boot's soles had the melted spots on them to prove it to me. I felt like such an ass. I guess I blacked out a little...

Hah, you should have tried to get both of them. At the same time. Kiss

skrew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 12:38:05 AM »

Australian summers are synonymous with large outdoor music festivals. Most of which, carry a hefty entry fee, of $150 or so dollars + drinks + food + all the other things that make a festival great, making them a rather expensive adventure. So, there are a lot of people who make quite a serious effort to get into these festivals without paying a cent.

One such summer, when i was 16 i decided to sneak in to meredith music festival, a huge 3 day rock n roll festival out in the bush. Me and a whole bunch of mates, a few older ones with cars and such, drove up in a big car convoy, there were 3-4 of us sneaking in, but i was the only one in the car i was in without a ticket. I had already bush bashed into a new years festival the previous summer so i knew what i was in for and to get mentally prepared, i got incredibly baked and drunk on the way up :D.

We got up to a sign saying 3km to festival gate and there was a huge line of cars so me and my friends figured to just drop me off, before doing so we racked up a few lines and dropped some e's, for stamina of course. then off i went, water bottle in hand, high and dry, alone, in the rolling dry hills of australian farmland.

The trip was pretty uneventful, the water ran out quickly, lots of weird stares from sheep, almost hit a few electric fences but learned quickly to check first. after 2-3 hours of walking, i was about 50 meters from what i could clearly see as the camping grounds, tents upon tents being set up. so with a big smile i start to walk down to the camping grounds.

Out of no where, a security guard on an ATV pops out of the bushes, and asks me what i think im up too, tell him i was lost and looking for friends, he says he had been following me for an hour. I'm pretty pepped up at this point so thinking fast, i pull out some story about how my mates played a dirty trick on me and booted me out of the car and have my ticket at the front gate for me. he doesn't believe me, but he drives me up to the front gate on the front of the ATV. it was like a walk of shame, a lot of knowing faces on my way through.

We get to the gate, and i call one of my mates, he was completely plastered. Luckily the dude couldn't hear what my mate was saying but i was chatting along about how they had to drive up to the front gate to give me my ticket and that they were all a bunch of tools. I hung up and told the guy they were on their way, he got on his ATV and went back to his post, and there were just two dudes chilling at the gate. they didnt give me any water, i was so so thirsty.

It was starting to get dark now, so i waited around wondering what the hell i was going to do till the sun started to set, then i told the guys on the gate that i was walking back to down and that i couldnt be fucked with this shit.

I Walked 500m down the road and jumped the fence on the other side. it was getting pretty dark now. I was getting real paranoid of all the stuff i was seeing in the shadows. So i crept back along the country side, circling around the festival a bit, for another hour or so until i started to hear the music again and see a line of trees and bright lights poking through. It was fully dark now and in the shadows it looked like there was a line of security gaurds in chairs with laterns surrounding the whole place. i went prone, and commando crawled through sheep shit ridden grass until i was right up against the trees. then as quickly as i could, jumped up, got into the light, and flipped around, pretending i was taking a piss. Then jumped over the fence.

The very first people i saw, i croaked for some water. they had an eski with ice cold bottled water in it and were more than willing to share. i told them how id just snuck in, they were all smiles then said they were volunteers. For a moment, my heart dropped in my stomach but they didn't seem to care. Eventually i found all my friends, dropped a heavy dose of lsd, and danced till the sun came up. good times.
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 05:21:43 AM »

There's a derelict pub I walk past sometimes.  It has two CCTV cameras to stop people prising off the boards over the windows. But sometimes, I like look at it, and think, "Yeah, that's a derelict pub."  And then I go home and watch TV.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 08:18:46 AM »

Eleventhed.
I'm too timid to do something like these.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 10:34:13 AM »

Well, there was the time I was exploring around in a desert, and I found this warehouse full of old Military secrets! And then there were communists, who decided to steal a dead guy! And then we had a big fight, and I was hit by a nuclear bomb! Isn't that cool?

...yeah, I didn't buy it either  Lips Sealed
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

tigsource adventures>adventures in tig.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic