Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411908 Posts in 69429 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 09, 2024, 10:23:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Wager 1.2 Released
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Wager 1.2 Released  (Read 1164 times)
SurplusGamer
Level 0

Composer, Designer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:16 AM »

Hello, everyone!

I released a piratey island explore-em-up game called The Wager with a friend a few months ago, and now we have released an update adding in plenty of new content, features and fixes. We'd love you to give it a try; lots of people have enjoyed it so far. Here's some praise we got:

"As addictive as it is lovingly crafted, The Wager is a delight which you should play immediately." PC Gamer
"Coo, it's a lot of fun." John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
Freeware Game Pick - IndieGames.com
"The strong design, simple presentation, and overall polished nature make it an excellent freeware title" DIY Gamer
"I bet you want to give free indie game The Wager a try." Destructoid
"This is an utterly delightful 15-minute game that I have played at least a dozen times in the last week." Bill Harris, Dubious Quality

Cheers,
Peter
Surprised Man

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »

I remember enjoying the original The Wager.  Downloading the new version.   Beer!

SurplusGamer
Level 0

Composer, Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:53:53 PM »

Great! And we JUST released an update to the update because we screwed up something which made 1.2 crash if the player does certain things. Whoops!  Embarrassed

Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »

My eyesight is kind of poor and I find a lot of the text kind too difficult to read.  The font on the intro story is weird.  The screens/popups with white text on a yellow background don't have enough contrast.
SurplusGamer
Level 0

Composer, Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »

Sorry to hear it's difficult to read, Fyren - but it's not supposed to have white-on-yellow text. I haven't heard of anyone else having this particular issue, so if you could send me a screenshot of what you're experiencing, that'd be handy.

Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:53:41 AM »

http://sheap.net/~fyren/wager.jpg

If this text is not intended to be white, then I suspect you are specifying the background but not also the foreground color.
SurplusGamer
Level 0

Composer, Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »

http://sheap.net/~fyren/wager.jpg

If this text is not intended to be white, then I suspect you are specifying the background but not also the foreground color.

Ah. I suspect you have some sort of different-to-usual default text set up in windows because of your eyesight? Thanks for pointing this out, we'll put out a little fix at some point in the next week; we don't want anyone left out. If what I said is right, in the mean time, it should be possible to play the game if you don't mind temporarily resetting your font display settings to whatever the windows default is. Smiley Again, thanks for letting us know.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic