Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:22:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignShow us your level design
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Show us your level design  (Read 134522 times)
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »

Tower defense levels

TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

Here's some ghetto scans from a title we decided to put to the side for awhile. Its a 2D arcade sidescroller influenced by elements "Tetris". Just introducing some base gameplay mechanics.

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »

For my previous game Princess And The Banjo I used Paint as the level editor. Each color represented a certain tile or object. Really simple except later levels got a bit complicated, especially when having to look up RGB combinations from the code all the time. Here's level 19 for example, 37 colors in total.

Kind of beautiful actually I think Smiley

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »

For my previous game Princess And The Banjo I used Paint as the level editor. Each color represented a certain tile or object. Really simple except later levels got a bit complicated, especially when having to look up RGB combinations from the code all the time. Here's level 19 for example, 37 colors in total.

Kind of beautiful actually I think Smiley

Cool, but I think I'd go nuts trying to keep track of that many different colors and trying to differentiate them all by eye instead of having to run the mouse over all of them in Photoshop.  One of the games I'm working on now would have >100 colors if done this way.  Augh!

Your games are pretty fun, btw :p
Lizardheim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »

Ashkin
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »

marry me
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 03:08:31 AM »

Glorious! Cheat on Ashkin with me.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »

Fuck them both, HARD; maybe once together if they're freaky like that.

Make me your gaming buddy instead. Wink

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

Give me your brain.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »

Don't be such a zombie.

Anyways, until I get some assets together to actually generate some of this stuff:

[Aerodise Island]
Has bouncy flowers akin to Mushroom Hill Zone's shrooms along with ziplines ala Angel Island's. It also contains beehive traps that will try to drop beehives on you, and will produce a small batch of bee-like enemies like the kind from HardMan's stage in MegaMan 3, and log/battering ram traps to push the players and enemies around.

[Starship Roppongi]
Combines areas of inverted and altered gravity with QuickMan-style laser traps (not instakill), and Wacky Workbench style launchers on tops and bottoms. So land wrong, and your character gets launched right back into the lasers!

[Steampunk Pirate Airship]
Launch around the place between balloons, cannons, and steam-blasters. Has rolling barrel traps ala Donkey Kong, combined with plank traps - kind of like those platforms that dropping on will spin them and drop you through. So you could jump one barrel just to drop down and find yourself in it's path as it doubles back!

More level concepts yet to flesh out.

ink.inc
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:49 AM »

blablablalbabl

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »

fentlewoodlewix
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »

I guess that last one isn't technically a level, more like an overworld.

These are lovely. The graphic design is crisp and stylish. I could play on entire levels laid out like this. With tiny little pixel characters moving about. Imagine the clouds dropping weather down to where the shadows are and this affecting the gameplay too.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 12:39:51 PM »

This would actually take a DDR maniac to comprehend, but nevertheless, this is a supplimental "Dance Master Mode" exe for use in conjunction with Stepmania and a healthy sized selection of uberpopular DDR tunes from across the ages. It's made to combine difficulty curve with musical themes, to inspire 5-song setlists, just click a relative play level, then click one song to get to the next stage. Stages 3 and 5 have random (and a number of somewhat insane) missions for flavor.

On an off note, putting this together took most of 2 days, and it's minimal coding. Just a lot of object creation and basically hyperlinking the rooms. LD48'ers putting together entire prototype projects in that span of time is fucking INSANE!

Tokinsom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »

WORST LEVEL DESIGN EVER.

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »

Tokinsom, it's not that bad Smiley

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »

Toriko that is smexy but dont you think youre using too many door/hatches?

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »

Tokinsom, make it so that you have to complete this level in a single run with one hit death and no continues or save-points.

Tokinsom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »

Toriko that is smexy but dont you think youre using too many door/hatches?
Yep. I didn't know how to make a level editor when I built this monstrosity, so hidden paths / destructible tiles were pretty much out of the question. I think there are like 10.

Tokinsom, make it so that you have to complete this level in a single run with one hit death and no continues or save-points.
Crazy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic