Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:13:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe Forestry (a forum comic)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: The Forestry (a forum comic)  (Read 14490 times)
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »

You're right, dammit! What should I do?? I don't have anything to combat the ice elemental with. Hell, I can't even get near the thing. If Dudamel didn't get himself into these messes, this would all be over a lot sooner.

Be careful, because there are people here that wants to mess with your mind! They give you instructions or "advice", but WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T OBEY OR BELIEVE THEM OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR IDENTITY!

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »

There's a fire elemental in there with him.  You gotta find a way to get that fire elemental to attack it or at least lure it away!  If my calculations are correct, fire can't be frozen.

Also, the fire elemental could unfreeze Dudamel, but he'll still need more hearts!

hi
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »

You're right, dammit! What should I do?? I don't have anything to combat the ice elemental with. Hell, I can't even get near the thing. If Dudamel didn't get himself into these messes, this would all be over a lot sooner.

This thread probably holds the key to all the mysteries. I think Jared C might be behind all of this, including the ice elemental. You should search for him and have an epic boss battle showdown!

Good luck on your ventures ForestHastings!

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
ForestHastings
Level 0

IM FOREST HASTINGS GODDAMMIT

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 06:37:27 PM »

Aw shucks, thanks for being so helpful everybody! I feel... invigorated! Like I got a shot of morale right in my keister! First thing's first, I gotta get my butt out of this chair and figure out a way to communicate with the (quite fine) fire sprite.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

You get up and bask in all of the new-found morale.

You turn to the God Beetle. He is giving you a condescending look. Nobody gives Forest Hastings condescending looks! Except this beetle maybe.

Not so fast, Mr.Hastings! You quickly forget about your previous dilemma, the one involving the pizza monster currently stuck in the roof, scratching at the shingles to feast on your innards.

Crap, you're right! I totally forgot about that thing. I am planning on leaving the building at some point... is there anything around here I could use as a weapon?

Forest, for the brief period of time that I've accompanied you in this facility I've found you to be irresponsible, absent-minded, and an overall bad host as far as my people's customs are concerned. I wouldn't trust you with a toaster, let alone some of the experimental ray guns lying around this old abandoned factory. You must also understand that I am a being of the forest, attune to its imperceptible frequencies of death and rebirth. The elementals you've introduced have already become integrated into its cycles, and are therefore a part of the forest. I can't let you bring any harm to them. Except for the pizza monster, that guy's a real asshat.

>LOOK FOR SOME EXPERIMENTAL RAY GUNS
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:06:37 PM by Jared C » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »

>Find Ray Guns, shoot them out the window to determine which is best.

hi
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »

> Take the gun that shoots a ray of spikes, missiles and explosions.

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

>Throw God Beetle at ice elemental.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »

>Ask Beetle what it's like having no depth perception.

>Ask him if your head is growing in size or just getting closer to him.

hi
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »

You explore the innards of the factory.

You found a map you made a while back, but you have trouble remembering things. What were you looking for again?

Oh, hey, this looks cool!

There's a rack with a couple of dangerous looking firearms. You have no idea how you operate any of them. Shit, you have trouble using a toaster!

Luckily you found a smartphone a ways back. You think your dad might have invented them, but your dad invented everything in here, so you guess it really isn't that big of a deal. Gosh, you miss your dad. :^(

>ASK TIGSOURCE WHICH WEAPON YOU SHOULD TAKE
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:47:44 PM by Jared C » Logged

ForestHastings
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »

Hey peeps, I'm all up in this room with the guns and whatnot. Which one do you think would be best for zapping genetically engineered peperoni?  I have no idea how any of them work, but I have a creeping feeling that I'm going to need one very soon and OH JEESUS THATS A CHEESE TENTACLE
Ashkin
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

>Grab the biggest one. We all know you need the compensation. Also, it probably shoots rockets! Rockets are cool.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »

Pick the top left one, IT WAS THE ONE ON THE SIGN!

Idk how to use it though, it doesn't seem to have a trigger.  Just...think zappy thoughts.

hi
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »

take the little one, the bigger ones might not be as portable

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »

Take the medium one, because it's the most unassuming

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »

take the little one, the bigger ones might not be as portable

You like the cut of this guy's jib! You make a mental note to try and genetically engineer a landshark sometime in the future.

This is happening! With your sicknasty morale buff, you have no chance of missing the monster. KABLOWIE! Right in the kisser.

>_______

ForestHastings
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »

I am literally flying in the air as I am typing this. Now I landed on the factory floor. Now I am standing still. I doubt Jared would post a frame of me doing something as boring as standing around. Actually, I wouldn't put it past him.

So... what now. I know you guys must see me as this awesome macho protagonist. That's because I totally am! But still, I am a little tentative to just waltz into the forest. I mean, I know that it's my namesake and all, but c'mon! There are a butt load of terrifying things out there! I mean, I did make them all, but still.

Anywho, I should look for some stuff to gear up for the crossing of the forest.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

achievement unlock: expert typist
Post on a forum while flying with style in the air

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »

You found some things that you could be useful. You got yer ray gun, Dudamel's memory bank/emotion core, a lighter, a heart you found rummaging through the remains of the pizza-splosion, a hand-held fan, a rock, and a water bottle. Aaaaaand you think that's about it! Can't think of much else that you would need, really.

You think it's time you took a break from being bossed around by the twenty-something male demographic that frequents the TIGsource forums. This is a one-man job, anyway. Just one muchacho against the entirety of genetically altered nature.

>BE FLAME ELEMENTAL

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

>BE FLAME ELEMENTAL

Your name is Linda, dumbass!

>WELL, NOW WHAT GENIUS? GUESS IT ISN'T SO EASY BEING ME, IS IT?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic