Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:18:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSkullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Skullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )  (Read 85266 times)
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »

I have made my return to the internet once again, I got a new computer.   Beer!  Now I can continue working on designs and such.  I did three more last night, nothing too special.

The first one I did was a scarecrow.  I did the all these sketches together and I ran out of space to draw the rest of his arm and, uh...pole.

Second one is a redesign of the mummy I drew, I like this one better.  It fits the style better.

Lastly, I drew a mage.  Took me awhile to decide on colors for this, but yeah.

More soon.   Smiley

Zaphos
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 10:36:19 AM »

++++ = (chunks will go flying)

I like the 2nd one the most -- I think it's because I was [miraculously] successful with his body-twisting motion.
I like the second one, but it seems like you're missing a bit of wind up on it; perhaps the bone should start further back like it does in the third one.

Overall though,  Kiss Kiss Kiss
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

Quick 10 minute piece.

Bat.   Smiley

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »

Godammit, I love that mummy.
ChevyRay
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »

I like the new mummy, too. He's pretty badass.

Will sprite all of these soon. Smiley
ChevyRay
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »

Quick 10 minute piece.

Bat.   Smiley

Quick 10 minute piece.

Bat. Smiley
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 09:19:30 PM »

That is some delightfully smooth animation :D
ChevyRay
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »

I don't like this one very much. I'll probably fix it up later.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »

I do Smiley

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »

I love the latest sprite but I think you can add some more life and movement to it if you made that little flap that sticks out on the left side move a bit and have a delay when falling.  Also add some delayed motion to the cloth around the arms.  Have the arms move down and leave the cloth in place at the top and then drag them down a frame after the hands drop.  I saw that you add some movement to the pointy tip of his hat but maybe you could exaggerate that a bit.  I dont know if that made any sense but if I get some time later I may try an edit.  Anyways it looks just beautiful and it gives me a lot of inspiration to work on my game so thanks for the updates this is alot of fun to watch. 

(I don't know maybe my suggestions would add to much distraction but maybe try and see what it looks like.)

ChevyRay
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 08:43:31 AM »

I get what you're talking about. I'll touch those up and see how it looks.
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 09:09:30 AM »

Are you kidding me, that looks utterly delicious.   Kiss

ChevyRay
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »

The first one I did was a scarecrow.  I did the all these sketches together and I ran out of space to draw the rest of his arm and, uh...pole.

MAN. My pixel art is off this week. I could do much better. I gotta fix the outline (I added it afterwards, because it's hard to see against pretty much any background), but I think I'm gonna fix up the colors instead (more contrast, less colors) afterwards, before I animate it.

Moving in... 11 days. Beer!

Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 11:47:49 AM »

MAN. My pixel art is off this week. I could do much better. I gotta fix the outline (I added it afterwards, because it's hard to see against pretty much any background), but I think I'm gonna fix up the colors instead (more contrast, less colors) afterwards, before I animate it.

Moving in... 11 days. Beer!

Love the shading on that.   Kiss  Don't worry, my art has been pretty off this week too.  My lineart has been bugging me.   Lips Sealed

Quick drawing.   Beer!

Also, Chev, like I said before, good luck with all your moving and such.   Beer!

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

Sliiiiiiiiiiime  Evil

You two are going nuts.

Gotta keep up.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »

Hey Chevy,  in my humble opinion I think your scarecrow may seem a bit flat compared to all your other sprites.  In your purple mage type guy you have nice dark shadows and then ramped up to a brighter, saturated purple.  But with the scarecrow it seems like you don't have the same contrast in your colors and its making them loose all depth.  Along with just giving him more depth it might help to give him a harder shadow from his hat on his face. Is the scarecrow going hop at you on his little stick? that would be great!  Keep 'em coming. 

Metaknightgirl, you've got some great ideas coming out and a very nice style.  Slimes are pretty generic enemy but your's has some pretty good character although I kind of hope you guys don't put a slime enemy in the game just because I feel like your universe you are creating is so creative and unique that putting a cliche slime enemy in wouldn't do the game justice.  Of course its up to you but I personally would love to see more inventive and exciting enemies like you have been producing.  Best of luck! Wink

Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »

Hey Chevy,  in my humble opinion I think your scarecrow may seem a bit flat compared to all your other sprites.  In your purple mage type guy you have nice dark shadows and then ramped up to a brighter, saturated purple.  But with the scarecrow it seems like you don't have the same contrast in your colors and its making them loose all depth.  Along with just giving him more depth it might help to give him a harder shadow from his hat on his face. Is the scarecrow going hop at you on his little stick? that would be great!  Keep 'em coming. 

Metaknightgirl, you've got some great ideas coming out and a very nice style.  Slimes are pretty generic enemy but your's has some pretty good character although I kind of hope you guys don't put a slime enemy in the game just because I feel like your universe you are creating is so creative and unique that putting a cliche slime enemy in wouldn't do the game justice.  Of course its up to you but I personally would love to see more inventive and exciting enemies like you have been producing.  Best of luck! Wink

Yeah, I was debating on which enemies I ought to use and which I shouldn't.  I've got a list of different enemies I have designed but I never know which to choose and to work on.  I'll be sure to put more up, though.   Smiley  We may end up using it, we may not.  Doesn't really matter to me, I just enjoy drawing all sorts of enemies.   Smiley  Thanks for the feedback!

Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »

Tree enemy!  Kinda weird, but oh well.   :D

Beer!

ChevyRay
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

0_o

That's amazing. By far my favorite enemy so far. It'll fit in the graveyard perfectly. Awesome stuff! :D I'm gonna do this one next...

I like the slime, too Smiley I'm not too worried about originality, though. The gameplay, and even the general feel of the game has all been done many times before. It's not really an original game, which is actually part of my design goal for Skullboy. I want to concentrate on the player response, the small things, and all those little things that normally get either underestimated or left out in a game's design. I like the idea of a game that you've seen and heard of a million times, but you've never played so good before Gentleman

Or at least that's what I have in mind. We'll see.

That's precisely what the scarecrow is going to do! Yeah, if you check out my post before, the first thing I said was that the contrast sucked in the scarecrow Tongue I pixelled it on my lunch hour at school though, and had to run before I could update it. I'll do that in a bit here, and I'll also make the other changes you suggested. I appreciate your pointers Beer! making this game is going to do wonders for my pixel art.
ChevyRay
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »

Okay, fixed the scarecrow a bit. Didn't animate yet, though (bouncing on the stick will be a bit tough...)

Old --> New

-->

Enlarged, for the heck of it.

-->
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic