Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:47:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed artist/animator - 2D action platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need artist/animator - 2D action platformer  (Read 1547 times)
Pnikosis
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »

Disclaimer: English is not my native language.

Hello there my artistic friends... I've been working lately on a 2D action platformer (with physics) about infiltrating buildings, using grappling hooks, kicking out people and shooting them in the face (among other places).

The project stopped its development when I got a new graphics designer months ago, and I started to work developing tools for him, making modifications on the game for polishing, and other stuff that definitively delayed the whole project. The thing is, that I don't have this designer anymore in the project (for several reasons, but mainly because he has no time to keep the development) and I'm back at the starting point.

So here I am looking for a creative mind (that's you! yes, you who is reading this!): I need someone to make this game look good. Here is a trailer I made months ago:

And here is a Gameplay video:

The game has changed since (for example, right now the viewport is bigger, so the character is twice as big as shown in the videos).

What I need:
Design the characters, the tilesets, and the overall graphics.
Create or modify the animations (the current ones can be reused if you like them).
Right now I've been thinking on a comic art style, but any suggestion is more than welcome, the idea is to create a collaboration team, so everything can be discussed.
In short, I need a guy who would like to take on the artist direction.

What I have to help you on your task:
The characters animations are a mix of 2D skeleton animation with spritesheets (so for each bone you can use different sprites depending on the animation's frame).
I have some design background myself, but I don't have the time to code and design, so I could help you on these tasks. In short, I offer active collaboration!
Any tool you need, I'll develop it for you if needed.

What I offer:
The original idea was to release the game on XBLIG and PC. But right now I like more the PC and less XBLIG... but who knows... So if we achieve a commercial release, you will have a share of the revenues (sorry I can't offer money directly right now, so let's hope we have revenues! That depends on you too!). Just tell me your price or if you like, I could suggest one. I also offer my friendship, which a lot of people consider it very valuable My Word!

The game is being developed in XNA, uses particles and 2D physics (Farseer, which is a port of Box2D). I currently have a very ugly 2D skeleton animation editor which does the work for now, and the levels are created using OGMO (which is awesome and everybody should use it!).

So here it is... Any questions you have, just ask!

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »

Heya, does the download link in your signature work?
I've tried on two browsers but no luck, perhaps it's my connection...

Also, out of interest: Is the jazzy BGM in the second video a placeholder or part of the actual game? It's inspiring. Smiley

(← new art twitter)
Pnikosis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »

Ooops, nope the download link doesn't work, I forgot to take it out from the signature. If you really want to take a look to the game, I could pack the latest build in an installer.

The music from the second video is ingame, thanks for the compliment Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic