Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 07:27:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat does your Library look like?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What does your Library look like?  (Read 17141 times)
Kornel Kisielewicz
The Black Knight
Level 1

Madman for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »

Half my family is Polish, so I certainly looked, but Chapters didn't have one back when I was on my languages kick. Sad
Could have guessed by the surname. But be warned that Polish is one of the hardest languages Wink.

At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (@epyoncf)
ChaosForge -- DoomRL and AliensRL
Jupiter Hell -- DoomRL spiritual successor!
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »

I'll join the fun now, and demonstrate why it's ace to be single with no kids to drain your time/finances. Carrying on the family name be damned! Wink

DVDs... Trek, Stargate, Farscape, Buffy, Angel... All the hallmarks of a man destined to remain single...

Games & DVDs...

The Cupboard Of Old Games... (obviously the bottom layer has the more shameful titles obscured by those at the front)

Books... Look! Pratchett! Haha kind of spoddy twat has tho- oh, shit. It's me.

2000AD 100-1500 + Judge Dredd Megazine 1-Present

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »

Yay, a copy of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain in a slightly different pacakge.

<3

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 05:37:50 PM »

'Bout time someone mentioned their games library. I thought you guys were just going to go on talking about books forever.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »

Holy Schmoly.  Not even half way there yet.
****Bows Low......****

You're right Doc D, renting is overrated.(i hate that word)
But the toes will never be kissed b/c i couldn't find Akira.

Sorry.  *** weeps bitterly *** Cry

No Family Guy either?  But i did see the Simpsons and hey Hot Pursuit.  Good man.  So ....eh.... no toes.
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »

Between DrDerekDoctors & PoV I'd feel ashamed to post mine Sad

What's with those Friends boxed sets? They ruin your collection of great shows

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »

I have the R1 Pioneer release of Akira in the metal tin, but you're right, it doesn't appear to be on that picture. I wonder where it's got to? Also I have Family Guy but it's lent out atm (again, news to me - shit! Who's got it?).

Oh, and the Friends situation is worse than that, as for the first 4 seasons I have both the PAL and NTSC versions! *gasp*

And there's no reason to be ashamed, remember I've sacraficed all of my social life to build up this collection which means I'm a spoddy loner, so there's plenty to feel superior about. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
Abadox
Level 0

full metal jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:47 AM »

I used to use the I-Ching as my only programming reference book. You know, hexagram 29, goto 10, that kind of thing, but when I finished my last CRPG attempt my PC turned into a column of pure energy and ascended to heaven.
Maybe I'll try using Finnegan's Wake.
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 04:33:59 AM »

I'm impressed you kept the boxes.  You are the king of DVD, and your comics are plentiful.  Grin
Bonus points for being Stargate Happy, but question mark points since I can't find find any Atlantis.  Though it might be we have different cases in North America.

My PS1 games, Dreamcast games, and Music CD's I've moved in to binders.  N64 I didn't get until shortly before it was pronounced dead.  And being a developer, oddly, there were very few GBC or GBA games I cared to own.

'cmon people.  This thread can't boil down to PoV vs. Triple D Doc.  Smiley

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 05:41:28 AM »

I'm impressed you kept the boxes.  You are the king of DVD, and your comics are plentiful.  Grin
Bonus points for being Stargate Happy, but question mark points since I can't find find any Atlantis.  Though it might be we have different cases in North America.

Stopped buying SG1 around Season 7 and not been arsed with Atlantis yet. The show's gone off the boil for me and so I shan't invest until I find the boxsets as cheap as chips.

My PS1 games, Dreamcast games, and Music CD's I've moved in to binders.  N64 I didn't get until shortly before it was pronounced dead.  And being a developer, oddly, there were very few GBC or GBA games I cared to own.

I can't do that - they have to be in the right and proper place for me and look all shiny...

'cmon people.  This thread can't boil down to PoV vs. Triple D Doc.  Smiley

Trufax! Join the fun!

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »

Madness! I actually hate getting N64 and SNES games in boxes, because then I am obliged to do something with the tatty things. They don't really fit in with my rows and rows (or at present, boxes and boxes) of nice tidy cartridges.

The Megadrive games also, despite having rather nice sturdy boxes, end up being removed from them and stored in a big block of cartridges with the boxes stashed somewhere else. I don't quite have the heart to throw them away but I don't really want them, either.

Most of all, the PC Engine games definitely lose the crappy jewel cases, and sit together like a beautiful deck of cards. I like my PC Engine collection; so small! Cartridge-based games were meant to be stored in the raw; they are stronger than the boxes they come in anyway.

Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and Gamecube games, though, ought to stay with their cases I feel. Binders are a bit sad for the poor things.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 06:01:07 AM »

Yeah, I agree, something is lost going from case to binder.  But shelf space is unfortunately not a commodity, given my book buying habits.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
DanDanger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »

Nice curtains.

Books... Look! Pratchett! Haha kind of spoddy twat has tho- oh, shit. It's me.

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »

Nice curtains.

LOL! I swear to God I almost cropped them out. Smiley

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 08:53:02 AM »

Hmm... curtains vs. couch?

vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »

What kind of.....
Curtains vs Couch?
Xbox Controller vs.  Prachett Mania Book set?
Impossible.
My heads going to implode.

But i'll have to admit, that rug really ties the room together.  Kiss
Eric
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 07:13:50 AM »

Why so few NES games, man?  Do you hate the NES or something?  Wink

PoV
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 07:33:20 AM »

Now we're talking.  More I say.  Mmmoooorrreeee!!

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »

I have two or three drawers jam-packed with Genesis and N64 games.

So many, in fact, I wrote an application just to keep track of them.

I'll take some photos once I unearth my digicam battery.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic