Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:56:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207064 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »

Eyes are cool.

Drakken
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: October 23, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »

Uh wow, this looks amazing. Just watched the trailer and went through some of the thread; super excited about this now. Best of luck with the continued development! :D

Drakken's Soundcloud - Check out my original game music and other tunes!
Ashkin
« Reply #442 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »

Eyes are cool.
Oh dear. SHOGGOTH D:
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: October 25, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »

Eyes are cool.

I think it lost one. Pretty sure Alucard saw it outside a long hallway in Dracula's Castle.
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »

Eyes are cool.

the robot guy's looking kinda funny now

what's up with that
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »

The idea is that he's looking at the background. It's kind of a tiny detail, but is it understandable?

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2012, 07:22:13 AM »

The idea is that he's looking at the background. It's kind of a tiny detail, but is it understandable?

Yeah, I saw it fine. It looks like he's looking into the background. Interesting boss design. Creepy.

Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »

It is now. Probably more so in motion.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: October 28, 2012, 02:17:48 AM »

As long as were talking tiny details, I feel like the big eye deserves at least as much anti-aliasing as the little ones. It has half as many greys. Or maybe there's a technical reason for that?
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »

As long as were talking tiny details, I feel like the big eye deserves at least as much anti-aliasing as the little ones. It has half as many greys. Or maybe there's a technical reason for that?

In my mind, the absence of a-a and the grey bar that reads upon the big eye reads as if its coming out from the shade.

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: November 02, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »

Pretty happy with this enemy.

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 02, 2012, 07:29:48 AM »

This game looks hard man.
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: November 02, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »

"Talk to the hand!" Smiley Cheesy

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: November 02, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »

Looking pretty sweet! Keep developing the enemies - they're kind of the bread of the Metroidvania sandwich.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: November 02, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »

Graphics are superb, but I wonder if the hand would look better as a dark 'devil' red?
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

Cool.

The only thing that doesn't look quite right to me is that the hand looks like it's behind the little robot, so it doesn't make a lot of sense that the player should get any damage from it. Do you know what I mean? The hand appears from behind the platform, and then it also disappears again behind the platform -- so why should the little robot get hit by it?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:37:11 PM by kleiba » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #456 on: November 02, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »

What I suggest is making the hand curl into more of a palm-down position rather than a fist, slam onto the ground, wait, then reset. Could also form a strategy of beating them. Also, I think it would look better if the eye opening up took a little more time.
Looking good <3
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »

Maaan, every time I see something about this game, it amazes me. You're doing great work

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: November 07, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left The levels and obstacles look quite engaging, great work! Where would you say the difficulty bar is set to?

No idea, but I'd say that if you were able to beat Cave Story you should be able to beat ESA. Hard to say, testers seldom comment on that. The bosses are easily the toughest thing in the game.

Hand Point Right Can't help but think the space person should have a

rate of fall when jumping, or something else more signature. I've seen that exact jump so many times it's getting crazy, but just a nitpick.

I'm not sure if I follow - since the engine is consistent throughout the game, I'd say it's to be expected that you'll see the exact same jump several times. Or did I miss something?

Hand Point Right Although the space person is so

, I think he (or she?!) could use just a little more animation and definition in the final cut. I think it's important to squeeze every amount of personality into it that you can, so the player can better relate to the hero.

Problem is, he's literally 4x7 pixels for the most part, and I'm restricted to 32 colours. I'll try to do something, though, he could probably have more animations.

Ashkin
« Reply #459 on: November 07, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »

Hand Point Right Although the space person is so

, I think he (or she?!) could use just a little more animation and definition in the final cut. I think it's important to squeeze every amount of personality into it that you can, so the player can better relate to the hero.

Problem is, he's literally 4x7 pixels for the most part, and I'm restricted to 32 colours. I'll try to do something, though, he could probably have more animations.
Some suggestions:
*A squish/land animation when you hit the ground after falling more than your usual jump height, accompanied by a slight pause before you can walk again
*A slight knockback from more charged shots (Not sure if you already have this?)
*Small limp introduced when you're low on health
*A small squash before jumping to lend more 'energy'
*A knockback+roll from really strong enemy attacks?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic