Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411980 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 01, 2024, 10:33:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 787354 times)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 07, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »

Not every triangle is a part of the triforce
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1721 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »

Not every triangle is a part of the triforce
Deep words indeed,i played this game when it was first being developed, but havnt played in a while,any cool updates i should know about?

@@@My Website@@@

You bash the Rat in the stomach with the banana
///////////
The rat is struck down
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »

i played this game when it was first being developed, but havnt played in a while,any cool updates i should know about?

Play the game and find out.
SamCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

Finally the ink of the Delver Poster it's done.
Blink Click for a larger view.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 09, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »

I love how the adventurer is always with that "fuckfuckfuck" face and sweating
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: October 09, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »

is there a way to do button remapping? I use this very uncommon keyboard layout that works with no game's default button mapping.

Krux!
I use a program called Auto Hotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ which is very cool. Basically install that and load up a new blank notepad. In the new notepad put this in there:

Tab::
Send i
return
x::
Send m
return

...and then save that on your desktop as an .AHK, I called mine 'Delver Key Swap.ahk'.

This script will basically do the following: if the Tab key is pressed, do an 'i' instead (default inventory key) and I personally have it set so when 'x' is pressed, it does an 'm' instead (default map key). You can change them to what you would prefer, I like 'Tab' as my inventory and 'x' as my map.
Hope this helps you out!

thanks for the info, forgot to say I am on Linux.
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »

thanks for the info, forgot to say I am on Linux.

Speaking of. If I try to pack up my saved games from a Linux computer and play them on Windows, will it work?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1727 on: October 09, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »

Ported all the old dungeon generator tiles to the new level format and have a fully playable build again, was hoping to put out a new test build today but apparently it will only work on my dev machine at the moment - the calls to get a list of dungeon tiles to use are always returning an empty list when the game is running in the packaged .jar file. Need to find a workaround for that first.

Speaking of. If I try to pack up my saved games from a Linux computer and play them on Windows, will it work?

Yep. All of the save files are the same for all the platforms.

** awesome ink **

Wow, that is super detailed. I even spotted an orb in the back Smiley
SamCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1728 on: October 09, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »

Wow, that is super detailed. I even spotted an orb in the back Smiley
Thanks mate!
Yes, I couldn't miss it! Also wanted to add the Lich, but with the logo somewhere, I think it will be enough, same with bats (there are just a tiny tiny ones in the background). Now I hope to do it right with the color, so will not look super messy.
Danny_the_Enderman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 09, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

I love how the adventurer is always with that "fuckfuckfuck" face and sweating

I've got to admit, that's my same reaction when I reach the last floor Wink
richardjames13
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 09, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

I've been playing this a bit lately. Finally made it to the bottom, got the orb and died. Good game keep on working on it.
Orlpar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 10, 2012, 06:19:54 AM »

I can't stop playing, it's awesome! :D

I'll be happy to check all future releases! This is the game that i was waiting for and i didn't even know it :D (the second one is Baldur's Gate 3 Smiley)

// z inventory doesn't work for me, mouse pops out but nothing else happens.
crowbars82
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 10, 2012, 06:35:27 AM »

10 Get to level 7
 20 Exit Delver
 30 Copy save folder somewhere else
 40 Load Delver
 50 Die
 60 Exit Delver
 70 Copy save folder back and overwrite
 80 Load Delver
 90 Die
100 Goto 60

My god man. I keep going back for more however. I've even reinstalled Ultima Underworld as I've never actually completed that either. Looking forward to your next release dude(s)!
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1733 on: October 10, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-10-10-12.jar

* Fully playable again using the new level format
* Updated some dungeon tiles
* Player no longer starts with arrows

Whew. That was alot of work to get things to be mostly the same as they were before Smiley

The good news is that the new format is super flexible, it's the same format as the savegames. Next up will be adding arbitrary entity support to the editor, firstly for decorative mesh support.

I can't stop playing, it's awesome! :D

I'll be happy to check all future releases! This is the game that i was waiting for and i didn't even know it :D (the second one is Baldur's Gate 3 Smiley)

// z inventory doesn't work for me, mouse pops out but nothing else happens.

i is the actual inventory, z puts you into an interact mode that lets you drag around items with the pointer if you'r close enough to them. Seemed like a very retro feature to have in the beginning, but I may get rid of that as there's not really any reason to use it.

My god man. I keep going back for more however. I've even reinstalled Ultima Underworld as I've never actually completed that either. Looking forward to your next release dude(s)!

Yeah, the ending is super hard at the moment. Planning on adding some new potions and spells that will help prepare players for the end run, like damage reduction and speed.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1734 on: October 10, 2012, 07:13:05 AM »

I will say that interact mode is good for throwing things to disable traps. Trying to do the same from the inventory screen is a bit of a pain.

Looking forward to playing the new build when I'm off work!  Grin

Orlpar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 10, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »

i is the actual inventory, z puts you into an interact mode that lets you drag around items with the pointer if you'r close enough to them. Seemed like a very retro feature to have in the beginning, but I may get rid of that as there's not really any reason to use it.

Hm, i would prefer z to be inv, as i wont have to look at keyboard/take hand away from wasd. Inventory is not in pause mode and having to take my hand off wsad killed me when i encountered lvl7 for the first time.

Yeah, the ending is super hard at the moment. Planning on adding some new potions and spells that will help prepare players for the end run, like damage reduction and speed.

I've just finished the game. Ending is actually much easier than way back to level 1. Lack of supplies + ranged, high dmg monsters make it so hard. Imo, you should think about making the game longer and harder. It takes 15 min to find out rules n stuff and then 30~~ min to finish the game, as it becomes easy after a while.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 10, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »

Perhaps E for inventory like Minecraft does.
teh_mad_guy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »

by the way I don't know if this has to be with my graphics card but the music and sfx is muted, it's still on just wont emit sound, or it might not be playing at all SMB Question
crowbars82
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 10, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »

By the Nine!
And there I was, sloping around the slopes, when along sloped some nicely balanced enemies. I gats to levol 7, and through my own sincere stupidity became mauled by a skull. I should have pressed 2.
I prefer having fewer arrows too! I always prefer less stuff to work with, as it's way more rewarding and increases the chance of getting "those moments" for the lols (as it were). 
But yeah, looking fantastic as always, loving the new slopery, and really looking forward to your editor because "EDITOR". Edit edit. Edite dit. Edited it.
N'am sayin'.
 Hand Metal Left No No NO Hand Metal Right
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 10, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-10-10-12.jar

* Fully playable again using the new level format
* Updated some dungeon tiles
* Player no longer starts with arrows
Uh did you change the way the saving worked at all because suddenly I crashed when hitting new game.

Not-Edit: ...or it was because chrome freaked out when I launched it from the download manager.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic