Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411980 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 01, 2024, 10:08:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 787350 times)
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 10, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

1) Oh god my tooltips I need my tooltips where did they go
2) It broke trying to load Level 2.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 10, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »

Hey, did the sewers stop using their correct layout?
They're generating like level 1ish

akavel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 11, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

Wow, an excellent game! Smiley Smiley Smiley Really does have nethacky air, especially when I discovered some dealing with the traps...

Some suggestions for enhancements, if I could kindly propose:
  • to add some kinda hiscores list, at least with reached lvl depth (& maybe lifes+inv+death screenshot?), so that each new game wouldn't be totally tabula rasa
  • possibility to configure default placement of initial inventory (I now always start by rearranging them for easier use)
  • some slightly more animated death screen, e.g. blood like in Wolfenstein 3D, would be a nice touch

Thanks for great fun!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 13, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »

Tooltips and slopes are working on my desktop.
Floor 2 still crashed game instead of loading.

Will update this if I can figure out if unnecessarily hard stacking arrows is still in.

Floor 2 didn't break this time. Sweet.
Yep, still have to shoot and then grab arrows to stack them.

Got the orb for once.
Was thinking that, with the abundance of armors and weapons that drop, maybe a durability system could be put in. Having the Orb prevents durability from dropping so that it isn't too hectic.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:57:54 AM by Linkshot » Logged
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: October 16, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »

Started working on a new equip system today with discrete slots for different armor types and maybe weapon / offhand item slots as well. This should free up some inventory spaces, give the player more AC overall in the endgame, and support stat boosting items like rings and amulets.

Was thinking originally of having a paper doll style equip system, but slots with icons is probably cleaner and will work just as well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:49:17 AM by Interrupt » Logged
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: October 16, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »

I'd love to see a box with stats at the bottom.
Like current level, hp, armor, etc.

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: October 17, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1747 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »

Oh you tease...  Kiss

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 17, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »

How about a shield? Not as an equippable item, but one that when you whip it out, you take less damage. When using it, it give you the AC boost. Without it, you can keep dishing the hash-slinging.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:17 AM »

How about a shield? Not as an equippable item, but one that when you whip it out, you take less damage. When using it, it give you the AC boost. Without it, you can keep dishing the hash-slinging.
I like that idea, it should be added.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »

I think I have the final list of equip slots now:

* head
* chest
* legs

* offhand
* ring
* amulet

The offhand slot will be used for passive items like torches and shield.

Using shields as a primary held item is a neat idea, but it would have to be slow to switch between the shield and a weapon to keep the player from swapping between them too fast. Could also do stuff like slow the player down to keep them from always having the shield up.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:09:49 AM by Interrupt » Logged
ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 18, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »

Thats awesome! But one question, how does the ATK counter work? Does it find the strongest weapon in your inventory or does it look for the one in your first slot? Just thought it'd be interesting to know  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »

Thats awesome! But one question, how does the ATK counter work? Does it find the strongest weapon in your inventory or does it look for the one in your first slot? Just thought it'd be interesting to know  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Attack is based off of your held item, it takes that item's base damage stats plus any modifiers that may be in effect from other equipped items or active status effects.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: October 18, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »

How will shields work? Will they automatically equip whenever you use a one handed weapon?
If so, I assume the bow will be two handed, but what about wands?

Are the shields gonna block passively or will there be an active ability?

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 18, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »

I have been hoping for this from the day I found out about Delver.  But a question, will the rings and amulets provide AC or will they have an enchantment?  What will the amulates and rings just be silver and gold or will there be more materials, like bronze, or platinum?

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 18, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »

Now that the inventory contains equipping and 'character stats', how about changing the default key for it from 'i' to 'c' for character?

Also, in regards to the new level generator.
1. I noticed all the default .dat files are numbered, do they have to? Or will the game load any .dat files found in the assets folder as long as the folder structure and files are correct? If so that's amazing for custom tiles since there is no messing with preserving default ones or conflict between different packs. If this isnt the case, well, it would be nice if it was :p
2. Maybe it's something you've fixed in newer builds that hasn't been uploaded, but I was kind of disappointed to see that caves where just the same tiles as the first two levels but with cave walls, it lost the cave feeling the specially crafted cave tiles gave since so many of the normal tiles have very straight paths and walls due to being designed as rooms of a man-made structure.
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 18, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

Now that the inventory contains equipping and 'character stats', how about changing the default key for it from 'i' to 'c' for character?

Because Interrupt would need to make a seperate, dedicated menu screen for character stats, and there's just no need for that.

How will shields work? Will they automatically equip whenever you use a one handed weapon?

They're an equip, like the rest; I'd assume you'd have to manually equip them.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 18, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »

Using shields as a primary held item is a neat idea, but it would have to be slow to switch between the shield and a weapon to keep the player from swapping between them too fast. Could also do stuff like slow the player down to keep them from always having the shield up.

Yes, a slower whip-out time might be good for balance. Then again, in Minecraft, a player can defend themselves in a similar manner just by right-clicking, instantaneously buffing the player with a defense boost with a speed nerf.

Or maybe the player has to hold down the mouse to actually use it similar to the sword in Delver. Releasing if held down long enough will deflect a projectile, granted it's not a piercing one. If close enough, a foe can be knocked back with the shield bash.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: October 18, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »

They're an equip, like the rest; I'd assume you'd have to manually equip them.

Yeah, but what happens when you have a shield equipped and switch to a bow on the hotbar?
And then back to a onehanded weapon?

Would be much smoother if the shield simply appears whenever you're not using a two handed weapon.
And when you switch to a bow for example the shield disappears from view(although it stays in the slot).

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: October 18, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »

Also, in regards to the new level generator.
1. I noticed all the default .dat files are numbered, do they have to? Or will the game load any .dat files found in the assets folder as long as the folder structure and files are correct? If so that's amazing for custom tiles since there is no messing with preserving default ones or conflict between different packs. If this isnt the case, well, it would be nice if it was :p
2. Maybe it's something you've fixed in newer builds that hasn't been uploaded, but I was kind of disappointed to see that caves where just the same tiles as the first two levels but with cave walls, it lost the cave feeling the specially crafted cave tiles gave since so many of the normal tiles have very straight paths and walls due to being designed as rooms of a man-made structure.

The 'c' key isn't being used for anything else, I can have it be an alternate way to open the inventory.

1. My plan was to just use any .dat file found in a generator folder as a possible tile but I had some issues getting a list of stuff in a directory when it's packaged into a .jar file so my hacky fix was just to check numbered files in order until I couldn't find the next one.
I could start zipping up the assets folder along with the jar / exe to fix that, it's probably the best option.

2. That shouldn't be happening, but it will fall back to the default tile set when it can't find the given one.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic