Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411977 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 02:26:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 786385 times)
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: November 04, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

the slimes incredibly hard to hit with a bow and arrows btw

You need to aim *slightly* up, depending on the distance. Not much, but a bit above the enemy.
Also make sure that you hold it until it is at full strength before you release it to shoot whenever possible.

Edit: Wait.. that sounded.. wrong. I mean the bow. Uhm, the attack button. You know what I mean. xD  Who, Me?

I love the bow and for me, it's most fun in the sewer levels with my Texture Pack! (which you can download here, btw: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fda6t5cevqes46v/whitewolfmusic%20Delver%20Textures%200.7.zip )
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »

the terrain genertion is way too smooth, it goes againstr the grain of the cheap and blocky aesthetic style. yuo should space out teh vertices more and make a minimum slope angle or something to unmsooth everythign
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »

Int, it's a LG-E617G.

Play is telling me there is an update out, and it errors out when trying to download it. Odd.

I'm getting the same issue with a Galaxy SII.
(Error retrieving Information from server. [RPC: AEC:0])
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »

Int, it's a LG-E617G.

Play is telling me there is an update out, and it errors out when trying to download it. Odd.

From some quick google searching, it sounds like to fix this you need to clear the cache for the Google Play app, or add and remove your Google account from the sync settings. Sucky.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1884 on: November 05, 2012, 08:48:44 AM »

Experimenting today with letting outdoor level chunks be loaded from a level file. This also had to do some landscape flattening around the loaded chunk to make sure the town wasn't sunk into a hill or floating off in space.
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 05, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

Int, it's a LG-E617G.

Have you been able to get the game with Int's suggested fix yet? I haven't. And it happened on both my devices.  Cheesy

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: November 05, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

Will we be able to make our own randomized buildings with the editor? :D
I'd love to contribute with a few if possible!

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: November 05, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

Will we be able to make our own randomized buildings with the editor? :D
I'd love to contribute with a few if possible!

Yep, they'll be the same level.dat files like the dungeon generator uses, 17 x17 in size. The one loaded in the image is that assets/levels/towntile1.dat that's been included in the last few development builds if you want a template.

Unlike the dungeon generator I'll probably just throw a bunch of town tiles like that one in a themed town folder and the landscape generator will place and rotate them as needed. Each exterior tile will also probably need a corresponding interior tile, for enterable buildings.
mrleblanc101
Level 0

Québec :)

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 05, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

I never got an answer to my last post... so i make a new one  Tongue I really want to know if you plan to make the scroll wheel on the mouse able to scroll trough item in the taskbar(like in minecraft)? Embarrassed Because that would help a lot to control you weapon in battle or just make it easier if you need to take a health potion !
Thx for your answer

---------------------------
Nothing Interesting Here...
GO Away !!!
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 05, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »

yeah, pay attention to me too
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1890 on: November 05, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

I never got an answer to my last post... so i make a new one  Tongue I really want to know if you plan to make the scroll wheel on the mouse able to scroll trough item in the taskbar(like in minecraft)? Embarrassed Because that would help a lot to control you weapon in battle or just make it easier if you need to take a health potion !
Thx for your answer

This is on my list, but it's not a high priority for now. Would need to muck around in the item system to allow potions and food to be wieldable items.

yeah, pay attention to me too

No.

Okay, fine. Hills are going to be smooth, but I will clamp steep slopes and make them into blocky cliffs
VirtuaSphere
« Reply #1891 on: November 06, 2012, 04:25:13 AM »

Awesome game! I enjoy playing it more than I do most paid games nowadays, and I look forward to the overworld.  Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1892 on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-outdoor-test-11-06-12.jar

And now for something completely different. A landscape generation test!

The grass in this build at max settings may kill your framerate - if it does, try turning down the graphics setting in the options. The landscape is procedurally generated and loaded in and out as you walk so it's essentially endless, I ran in one direction for ten minutes with my speed bumped way up to test things out Smiley
krokoschoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 06, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »

its quite fun to just try and survive in that open area while being shot from all sides, and the hills feel far better than expected.

how will the generation work eventually? Will there be one central dungeon entrance and the generation of those will remain the same? Will there be dungeons scattered around the world, randomly generated? Will the dungeon generation change to be more like that of the overworld?
fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 06, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

Loving the outdoor test, its loads of fun just trying to survive! One problem however is the sky seems to flicker constantly for me, running on Windows 7 64bit if that matters.

Almost lost to this guy (and his friends hiding around the corner)

Out of curiosity, any idea what your plans for the weapon system? Like greater randomness, more weapon types etc. Or do you like it as it is?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 06, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »

I think you should consider an icon for the display
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1896 on: November 06, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »

its quite fun to just try and survive in that open area while being shot from all sides, and the hills feel far better than expected.

how will the generation work eventually? Will there be one central dungeon entrance and the generation of those will remain the same? Will there be dungeons scattered around the world, randomly generated? Will the dungeon generation change to be more like that of the overworld?

Good questions, I've mainly been making sure that it's technically possible. I think for starters this will be another campaign that you can choose when starting a new game, and it'll make a world populated with towns and dungeons for you to wander around, like in the Dwarf Fortress adventure mode.

Out of curiosity, any idea what your plans for the weapon system? Like greater randomness, more weapon types etc. Or do you like it as it is?

Probably will be just more weapon types besides daggers and swords and a bunch of new enchantments.

I think you should consider an icon for the display

Yeah, the Windows version does need a toolbar icon.
krokoschoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »

Probably will be just more weapon types besides daggers and swords and a bunch of new enchantments.

would you also concider to give items some more fun properties? Instead of just AC or attack, maybe giving a speedbuff through trousers or weapons with an arch or something?
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: November 06, 2012, 03:48:24 PM »

From some quick google searching, it sounds like to fix this you need to clear the cache for the Google Play app, or add and remove your Google account from the sync settings. Sucky.

Thanks, re-syncing solved the problem. I'm still pretty new to smartphones and assumed a server error was on your side of things.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 06, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »

I had axes, spears, and a crossbows in the version I modded.
Axes were an in-between of the longsword and shortsword
Spears had a long reach and knockback, but low damage
And Crossbows dealt a lot of damage for a long charge time.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic