Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:49:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralStarcraft Motherfucking Two
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Starcraft Motherfucking Two  (Read 23956 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:44:24 AM »

http://www.starcraft2.com

Yay. Grin

I love how the announcement is accompanied with a full website, trailers, in-game screens, etc., instead of your usual CG cocktease promo.

Blizzard is lovin' me up and down and all around. Kiss
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 03:51:44 AM »

I figured it was SC2 that was announced. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of koreans suddenly cried out in joy.

StarCraft was kind of OK. It relies on few components and extreme polish and balancing (it's called 'Vanilla' maybe?), rather than what I prefer: tons of components and a 'fuck it' mentality towards game balance (which preferably should be self emergent because of how the universe is defined).

I wonder if the cancelled Ghost chick is gonna make a cameo... I think we can bet on that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:10:36 AM by Arne » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:05:27 AM »

Ah, yes, but what it does it does well, my friend!  Plus, I enjoy the mythology behind the game.

It looks good... the cinematic trailer is quite amazing, natch.  Definitely needs to be checked out.  The detail in the space marine armor blows me away.
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 04:11:35 AM »

Yeah, SC is one of the few games which has FMVs I can actually sit and enjoy, or even look farward to seeing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:13:29 AM by Arne » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:14:54 AM »

I'm so happy that they decided to make a Starcraft 2... I was afarid that they'd make a MMO out of the franchise before we saw the day the second iteration of the strategy game came out.

The game looks quite promising! The details on every characters are fantastic! I can't wait to see how they changed the original game.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 05:25:14 AM »

I'm giddy like a schoolgirl anticipating this game.  Kiss

rz.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 06:25:43 AM »

WILL THIS CREATE PEACE IN KOREA?
yeaaaah, probably. but the best thing about this is surely the "full-featured map editor" or whatever, since Warcraft 3's editor singlehandedly kept it alive and kicking for like, six years. Throw that on Starcraft and it will last fo'eva.
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »

Is that a shield on the marines?

There's probably a fairly large group of conservative fans since SC has been popular for so long.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 08:09:11 AM »

Looks awesome. Awesome. I guess I'm not tired of the same old RTS gameplay after all. I can't stomach these things in multiplayer though - it's either the rush or the hoard + standoff. Nah, single player for me.

Mark-P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 09:01:23 AM »

This made my day. I am so up for this after Supreme Commander broke my TA-loving heart by being shit.

Gameplay vid:

I'm really looking forward to the single player. I like the Starcraft Universe and expect Blizzard to deliver an awesome experience that won't bring my aging PC to its knees. So long as the game lets me select more than 16 fucking units at once this time round, I don't care how much it fails to innovate so long as its fun.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 09:21:07 AM by Mark-P » Logged
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »

I think it was a limit of 12. But yeah.

I'm not sure I'm happy that they're not reinventing it, but I'm definitely content that this game is happening. Let's hope for classy Blizzard, though, and not "hey let's make a new awesome game" Blizzard. When they made the original SC they were pretty class, but for WC3 they started to resemble Rare with more fancy polish than design smarts.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »

starcraft is pretty much the only RTS i ever loved.
i've never played an rts with 3d graphics.
i dont know what warcraft 3 is.
but starcraft i played for years.

so this is neat.
im hoping there's a new kind of super cheap zerg thing that i can have a fucking thousand of on screen at once.

i expect they redefine the word zergrush.

also, mac!

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »

Yep, that looks like a worthy sequel. Smiley

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this -- StarCraft is the only online game I've ever really enjoyed.

Shinji16
Level 0

That stupid Bemani kid...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »

I'm so happy that they decided to make a Starcraft 2... I was afarid that they'd make a MMO out of the franchise before we saw the day the second iteration of the strategy game came out.

Me and my roommate are calling the Starcraft MMO "Operation: Guaranteed Profit".

Also, I hate Blizzard with a religious passion, and think Starcraft is shit. I'm kinda glad this is coming out - it'll keep another generation of retards and the majority of Korea busy for a while, leaving me alone to my business.

Smile - life is good!
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 01:45:13 PM »

That sort of negativity will get you eaten.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Shinji16
Level 0

That stupid Bemani kid...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »

It's not negativity - it's patiently cultured hatred.

Blizzard has this nasty habit of creating awesome stories and universes to put their games in, writing great story lines, and then making shit games about them.

Smile - life is good!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 02:28:47 PM »

Also, I hate Blizzard with a religious passion, and think Starcraft is shit.

Unite! (I agree)

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 02:58:07 PM »

Saying "I hate Blizzard" isn't a very good way to add substance to the thread. You two are just wasting the rest of our time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 03:00:25 PM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »

It relies on few components and extreme polish and balancing (it's called 'Vanilla' maybe?), rather than what I prefer: tons of components and a 'fuck it' mentality towards game balance (which preferably should be self emergent because of how the universe is defined).
Yeah I never got into Starcraft myself because of that.I was more of a Total annihilation person.
anyway I'm glad too that it's not another shitty MMO.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic