Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:37:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1447053 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: September 15, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »

Oh, terribly sorry.

When we try to determine if an account is a bot or not, we look for a combination of different things on that account that hint either way, such as the post count, whether or not they've posted in the introduction thread, the IP address, and the general grammar and coherence of their post(s).

Since you only had one post, hadn't introduced yourself, your IP address appears unknown to us and since I didn't understand what you were trying to say before, I thought it was safe to assume you were a bot.

Anyway, that was my mistake and I'm sorry about it. I'll be more careful about this in the future. I also see now what you were trying to say earlier, so again, sorry for the error of judgement.

Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: September 21, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »

Very interesting...
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: October 01, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »

Any chance we can see these odd bubble creatures return?
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: November 04, 2018, 01:11:41 PM »

Update beta now open on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/0/1489992713689642877

Check it check it check it!

This update is amazing!!!! An incredible amount of new content and playing in the arena witht my friends is soo fun.  
Having to go through he game an explore to find the creature tokens works perfectly.  Gives me incentive to go explore all this new content while unlocking creatures maps and items for the arena.  
Great work guys.  The wait payed off once again

Are there any new endings? The previously available ending was unsatisfying.
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: November 04, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »

Update beta now open on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/0/1489992713689642877

Check it check it check it!

This update is amazing!!!! An incredible amount of new content and playing in the arena witht my friends is soo fun. 
Having to go through he game an explore to find the creature tokens works perfectly.  Gives me incentive to go explore all this new content while unlocking creatures maps and items for the arena. 
Great work guys.  The wait payed off once again

Are there any new endings? The previously available ending was unsatisfying.

No new endings added in 1.5. Just recolors. In the next update there will be new ending cutscenes and intro cutscenes for The Hunter and The Monk though.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: December 13, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »

Hey, big news! We're on the Nintendo Switch Grin Grin Grin

Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Nintendo Page

Blink Blink Blink New Trailer
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: December 13, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »

Oh dang, nice! I've been meaning to play your game for a while, so I'll pick it up as soon as I have some free time!

Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: December 13, 2018, 11:58:54 AM »

Congrats! Absolutely love this game, look forward to picking it up on there as well. Cave Story

Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: December 13, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »

Yes there's finally a post by the devs! You guys didn't forget about Tigsource.  Coffee
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7309 on: December 16, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »

how could we!  so many years here, hah  Wizard

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: December 16, 2018, 11:20:16 AM »

Awww
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: December 16, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »

how could we!  so many years here, hah  Wizard

Kiss I check daily
Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: December 20, 2018, 02:38:23 AM »

I've been re-reading the devlog, which has been very interesting, but it's sad to see so many broken or missing images/gifs Sad
archive.org has some, but they last scraped in 2014, which was before the addition of any post-lizard creatures. I remember there were fantastic gifs of DLL tentacles and vultures in their embryonic forms, but now there's just replies saying how amazing (blank space) looks Sad

In other places, old GFYCATs apear to have gone through some sort of auto-archiving to make them small and choppy.

@JLJac - did you save your devlog gifs as you made them? Would be great to see them all, even out of context. Thrown them up on a dropbox or something?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:10:32 AM by Crispy75 » Logged
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: December 21, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »

I've been re-reading the devlog, which has been very interesting, but it's sad to see so many broken or missing images/gifs Sad
archive.org has some, but they last scraped in 2014, which was before the addition of any post-lizard creatures. I remember there were fantastic gifs of DLL tentacles and vultures in their embryonic forms, but now there's just replies saying how amazing (blank space) looks Sad

In other places, old GFYCATs apear to have gone through some sort of auto-archiving to make them small and choppy.

@JLJac - did you save your devlog gifs as you made them? Would be great to see them all, even out of context. Thrown them up on a dropbox or something?

Currently I've been stashing every single devlog and their gifs. From what I've found, you can find some of the deleted/corrupted images on Google Images when searching for Tigsource. Though the gifs don't seem to work.
birdstare
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: January 21, 2019, 10:37:21 PM »

Have been playing Rainworld on Switch and enjoying it a lot! We are in Farm Arrays and got a pretty consistent crash involving the reindeer (jackalopes, rabbit walkers). When playing handheld the game would crash each time I grabbed a reindeer's antlers. While playing docked it crashed when three reindeer were on screen. The crashes resulted in two karma flowers in the exact same place.
mobilisq
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: February 15, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »

hey there, I bought the switch version on a whim about two months ago, loved it, beat it, sought out this devlog and spent the last two weeks reading it. figured y'all might enjoy the wording I've been using to try to convince my friends to play it:

Rain World is a beautiful, atmospheric, exploration/survival game with elements of, say, gish and nidhogg with some pikmin flair for good measure

your character controls as if it were a squishy slug, and it is at once difficult while not feeling unfair, making perfect sense for the environment. everything is out to kill you, and you have to eat enough other creatures to survive a hibernation period when the “day” ends and you find a safe place to sleep through the torrential storms ravaging the planet

it tells a narrative without dialogue, and there’s some weird stuff to be found across the landscape

it’s a nifflas game if nifflas were a better artist and/or had a full team to work with

I heartily recommend it, having died about thirty times in the last two hours while making very scant progress, but I’m not remotely discouraged by this fact. the presentation of this world has led me to figure out routes through the handful of rooms I’ve uncovered intuitively, and I just now found a way to jump higher so I can reach a new safe spot. I’m not certain there are abilities to unlock, because this was an interaction with another creature that made perfect sense, and leads me to believe this game has a very specific language which it is already very effectively teaching me

Quote from: mobilisq, post:1934, topic:4861, full:true
btw the more i play rain world the more I love it

the controls have a deceptive depth that, when you get used to them, allow you to zoom across the maps, and the game world is HUGE

there's definitely something going on in this world that I don't have the means to understand, yet, and I can't wait to figure out what it is

the people who gave it poor reviews are simpletons with no desire to learn. you seriously HAVE to learn this game's language to make any real progress, and while I'm not fluent I think I have a conversational grasp and can at least ask where the bathroom is

I'm excited to become bilingual

edit: btw I'm fluent now, and am struggling through a hunter run. for whatever reason I want to finish this BEFORE starting on monk. I honestly don't know why
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: April 15, 2019, 04:07:22 PM »

Is there still progress being done on the PS4 1.71 Japanese port?
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7317 on: April 15, 2019, 08:35:16 PM »

yep, but its taking FOR-EV-ER

we have a new release candidate in testing right now, fingers crossed

Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »

yep, but its taking FOR-EV-ER

we have a new release candidate in testing right now, fingers crossed

:handthumbsupL:Good to hear that! The community looks forward to 1.71 or 1.72 or whatever number it will be.
Enderzilla747
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: April 19, 2019, 02:31:00 PM »

Was there ever any concept art or different ideas for what would become the King Vulture? Was it always set in your minds that it would have gas powered harpoons to skewer creatures and a triangle on its mask?
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic