Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:06:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFound (previously 16 Color Story) 5/11/12 Progress Update!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Found (previously 16 Color Story) 5/11/12 Progress Update!  (Read 8853 times)
Savick
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »

PROGRESS UPDATE 5/11/12

Hello again!
Not many people have been commenting in the thread for the past week or so. So! Update time.

The new name of the game is "Found" since were no longer doing 16 colors and this fits better. Let me explain a bit. Boom (the main character) is a lost robotic dog with a cannon for a head. Wanted posters for lost dogs have that title of found when that pet is found. You will found new neighborhoods in the game. And you will find many things along your way in space.

Here's a second mock up to show off stuff.

Next some news.

We're staying with custom 30 color palette not 56.

We're doing the sound track and sfx as not total acapella but beeps and boops with some voices.
The ring menu system is coming along nicely.

We have an item and level editor almost ready.

EDIT: Oh crap! I forgot to add that were making it so you can pilot the planets around like giant planet/spaceships too!

That's all for now!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:20:53 PM by Savick » Logged
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

I think the doors should be a different color from the walls, and the bricks have lighting on them, while the other blocks don't, so it looks kind of weird. The background blocks could stand to be darker, as Boom and the platforms mix in with the tiles too easily. Otherwise, the graphics seem solid. Nice!

Savick
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

I think the doors should be a different color from the walls, and the bricks have lighting on them, while the other blocks don't, so it looks kind of weird. The background blocks could stand to be darker, as Boom and the platforms mix in with the tiles too easily. Otherwise, the graphics seem solid. Nice!

Good observations SolarLune, I'll let my team know about them. Also thanks. Gentleman
Savick
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »

Changed the background block colors darker and added black outlines to the NPCs and Boom. Also made the bricks one color with no highlights. Better?

Updated with color correction.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:57:16 PM by Savick » Logged
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »

Quick question:
When things land on the planet you're working on, will they leave a crater?
Like that chest on the south west portion of the planet

Savick
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »

Quick question:
When things land on the planet you're working on, will they leave a crater?
Like that chest on the south west portion of the planet
That's a good thing to point out. My team and I haven't talked about the possibility of block destruction by incoming items much. It sounds logical enough to me where we may need to include something like block durability/breaking in ways besides the player breaking them down. Thanks for the observation.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »

Changed the background block colors darker and added black outlines to the NPCs and Boom. Also made the bricks one color with no highlights. Better?

Updated with color correction.

Yeah, I think so. It's easier to see Boom, as well as easier to distinguish between light and dark areas.

Ashkin
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »

How has this been going, mang? It would be a shame if it died.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

I totally forgot about this! It's been a long time since you last updated
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic