Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:52:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534326 times)
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6640 on: May 17, 2016, 01:09:12 AM »

and is there any interesting lore on ocelotte? it seems like queen lothric is gwynevere, making lorian, lothric, ocelotte, and gertrude/rosaria her children.

Oceiros was the king and father to three children: Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte. At some point, Ocelotte left him or was taken from him and he was heartbroken about it. He started to go mad with grief and became obsessed with becoming a dragon, which is why he looks so weird. By the time you reach him he's gone so mad that he's talking to an imaginary baby in his arms that he thinks is Ocelotte. I don't know about Rosaria that much. I don't know if Gwynevere was queen lothric but most theorists think she's the Dancer. In some item descriptions it says that the Dancer was a distance daughter of a god. Presumably that's Gwyn and the Dancer is Gwynevere since we know she moved far away before the events of Dark Souls 1. That's just a theory though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:49 AM »

btw "ocelotte" is spelled similarly to shanalotte (aka the emerald herald) who is also a "child of dragons". so i'm guessing oceiros tried to revive the ancient dragons just like aldia did? i'm half thinking ocelotte never actually existed and is just a figment of oceiros' warped mind. or maybe he is a metal gear solid fan who has been in a permanent state of shock since the announcement that kojima would leave konami and developed his imaginary friend ocelot as a coping strategy.

the dancer is definitely not gwynevere imo. she is referred to as a "distant daugther" of the royal family and was driven out of anor londo (forced to become an outrider knight) by sulyvahn as part of his power grab in anor londo/irithyll. gwynevere left long before the events of even dark souls 1.
ag radley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6642 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:01 AM »

Oceiros was the king and father to three children: Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte. At some point, Ocelotte left him or was taken from him and he was heartbroken about it. He started to go mad with grief and became obsessed with becoming a dragon, which is why he looks so weird. By the time you reach him he's gone so mad that he's talking to an imaginary baby in his arms that he thinks is Ocelotte. I don't know about Rosaria that much. I don't know if Gwynevere was queen lothric but most theorists think she's the Dancer. In some item descriptions it says that the Dancer was a distance daughter of a god. Presumably that's Gwyn and the Dancer is Gwynevere since we know she moved far away before the events of Dark Souls 1. That's just a theory though.

i've never heard that interpretation of dancer before. i thought the descriptions stated she was just a distant cousin of the family. all the theories I've heard point to gwynevere as queen lothric and all the descriptions previously associated with gwynevere are now associated with queen lothric (divine blessing, healing miracles).

btw "ocelotte" is spelled similarly to shanalotte (aka the emerald herald) who is also a "child of dragons". so i'm guessing oceiros tried to revive the ancient dragons just like aldia did? i'm half thinking ocelotte never actually existed and is just a figment of oceiros' warped mind.

now thaaat's interesting. who was aldia again? dark souls 2 has been wiped from my memory.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:08 AM »

who was aldia again?

brother of king vendrick who tried to break the cycle of the curse by reviving the dragons, among other experiments. he created the (not so) ancient dragon using a giant's soul and also built the dragon airie and shrine (and created the emerald herald). there is also some kind of oblique connection between him and seath.

speaking of dark souls 2: what happened to the giants from that game? i mean the ones with holes for faces. i guess vendrick wiped out most of them and the few surviving ones also died? at first i thought yhorm was the giant lord from dks2, but he has a face.

the giants in dark souls 3 are the same human-like ones from dks1. so why do none of those guys show up in dks2?

also it seems like giants always get treated like shit in the dark souls series. if they're not slaves (1 and 3), theyre wiped out by a genocidal king (2). RIP.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/fromsoftware_pr/status/732527352064806913
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jqpnb/you_did_it_guys_from_suddenly_posted_the/
Concerning Matching specifics and regulations
<player level>
During co-op play, matching will be easier the closer one is to the hosts' level. During PvP/Invasion play, either the Invader and the host will be around the same level, or the invader will get matched to a higher level host.
Co-op play
Via Sign Summoning: A(Summoners level) Max: A + 10 + (A x 0.1) Min: A - 10 - (A x 0.1)
Way of the Blue: B(WoB hosts level) Max: B + 10 + (B x 0.1) Min: B - 10 - (B x 0.1)
PvP
Invading as dark spirit: C(Invaders level) Max: C +20 + (C x0.1) Min: C -(C x0.1)
As a Moundmaker: D(Invaders level) Max: D +20 + (D x 0.15) Min: D - (D x 0.1)
As a covenant invader: E(Invaders level) Max: E +(E x 0.1) such as Farran/Aldritch Min: E - 20 - (E x0.2)

Cannot verify, but this is apparently the matchmaking formulas of souls3 (fan-translated from official source)

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6645 on: May 17, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »

Just beat dancer in NG+. I have a whole new appreciation for that fight (cause I actually had to pay attention this time lul). Really interesting how they designed a boss around deceptive telegraphs, honestly challenged my perception of what a Souls boss can be.  Hopefully the DLC has something as unique as her.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: May 17, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »

Salt and Sanctuary just released on Steam, does anyone here have any comments about it?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: May 17, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »

i've heard some good things about it, but the art style is such a huge turnoff for me that im not sure i can get over it.

also i always have this problem with "soulslike" games that it just feels pointless to play them. i mean there are 5 souls games by fromsoft. all of those are content rich games and i haven't even come close to doing everything there is to do in them. i'm talking challenge builds and also i sometimes deliberately put off certain content so i have something to come back to. for instance i only completed the selen vinland questline in demon's souls for the first time this year lol.

so yeah for instance, dark maus is a decent game, but all it does is make me want to play the real thing. i suspect it'd be a similar situation with salt and sanctuary.
ag radley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6648 on: May 17, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »

speaking of dark souls 2: what happened to the giants from that game? i mean the ones with holes for faces. i guess vendrick wiped out most of them and the few surviving ones also died? at first i thought yhorm was the giant lord from dks2, but he has a face.

the giants in dark souls 3 are the same human-like ones from dks1. so why do none of those guys show up in dks2?

i was wondering the same thing. i kind of wonder if yhorm is like a retcon of the dks2 giants where they have a face but it's just obscured by some kind of (maybe abyss-like or magical) darkness. because in the opening cinematic i don't think you can see yhorms face at all and he looks exactly like a dks2 giant. there's also the dead giant tree by firelink.

maybe there were multiple races of giants? the faceless or face-obscured ones and the dks1-style slave giants. yhorm could also have been some kind of hybrid.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6649 on: May 17, 2016, 07:21:14 PM »

Salt and Sanctuary just released on Steam, does anyone here have any comments about it?

I have heard it's decent from one person but the art style looks like smudges with bad perspective.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6650 on: May 18, 2016, 09:19:41 AM »

@Alevice

Upgrading armor is pretty worthless, but you might as well when you're at a point where you have nothing else to upgrade.

Im not the best at dodging but I am pretty decent. I was hoping ugrade would like remove burden or smth.

I'm surprised you say Adjudicator is cheap. I went in blind and beat him first try without getting hit at all... of course I had a bow.

I couldnt find the guy and kept getting beaten by a tongue I couldnt dodge. The path to him is what annoys me a bit, probably because I have terrible aiming agains the magic manta rays and have fallen to my doom often on my way to it.

Played a bit of DeS last night and disposed of the false idol  or whatever is called. A big letdown tbh. Im sort of liking 3-2, but I cant seem to find any decent shortcut, and the blood lake or whatever has a great looking but a bit annoying to navigae maze, so I cant simply outrun the insects with human face yet.

SHould I go for Soul Ray of the Fire Spray spells?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: May 18, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »

soul ray, definitely
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6652 on: May 18, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »

I beat up the taurus demon and then fell off a thing

Using a spear is fun
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6653 on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:29 AM »

i like scimitars and falchions better

spear is helpful if you want crowd control or backstab everything

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:06 AM »

Using a spear is fun

how are you enjoying the game? did it manage to "click" with you?

i like scimitars and falchions better

i don't really like curved swords tbh. the R2 spin attack is so risky and so easy to do accidentally.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6655 on: May 18, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »

@Alevice
If you get too frustrated with Adjudicator, you can cheese him by staying right at entrance fog door and snipe him from ledge without (usually) getting hit by tongue.

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: May 18, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »

I have finally beat Bloodborne! At least a first play through. I feel very accomplished so I thought I would post here to celebrate. There is probably a bunch of stuff I missed but I had a great time with it. Probably one of my favorite games now.

I bought and started playing Dark Souls 3 but I am pretty early on still. I played the first, but stopped pretty early honestly.
I am not sure if that's bad playing them out of order, but I would like to get optimal online play while DS3 is new and has a large playerbase.
In Bloodborne, I had such a hard time getting anyone to help me coop a boss or help in any way other than the NPCs. The only online interaction I had was the messages and invaders toward the end trying to kill me. It seemed not very many people were active while I was playing?

From what I can tell, my Bloodborne experience doesn't seem to carry over and the games combat seems pretty different.
Maybe I just need to get used to it a bit more too..

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6657 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »

i don't really like curved swords tbh. the R2 spin attack is so risky and so easy to do accidentally.

Never had that problem with my dualshock. I like that I can easily trade many quick blows with them, specially against common mooks. big crowds and backstabbing big foes i swithc to the spear

@Alevice
If you get too frustrated with Adjudicator, you can cheese him by staying right at entrance fog door and snipe him from ledge without (usually) getting hit by tongue.

Huh, didnt notice you could see him from there.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6658 on: May 18, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »

Using a spear is fun

how are you enjoying the game? did it manage to "click" with you?

I got past this guy the last time I tried to play (over a year ago).  I am enjoying it more than then, mainly because I broke down and decided to ask for a small amount of help about how the mechanics work.

I think I'll really start to have fun once I start getting to other areas and seeing new and cool enemies
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: May 18, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »

glad you're having fun. it can take a long time to really click, but when/if it does, it can absorb you like few other games.

don't feel bad about asking for help btw. or summoning people for bosses if you get stuck. the annoying "git gud" elitism surrounding dark souls would have you believe otherwise, but it has optional mechanics that are designed to make it easier, so don't be afraid to use em if you need em.

(i prefer soloing bosses btw, just saying there's no shame in co-op)
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic