Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:47:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534134 times)
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6660 on: May 18, 2016, 03:27:55 PM »

In the end, soloing a tricky boss feels rewarding no matter what playthrough you're on, so it's smart to take advantage of Dark Souls' malleable difficulty on a first playthrough at least. I seriously disrupted the flow of my game by getting stuck for weeks trying to solo O&S.

Just beat Soul of Cinder and Nameless King both on NG+. Thanks Fume Ultra Greatsword <3

Also, that Twin Princes' Greatsword is da bomb. 
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6661 on: May 18, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »

the best thing to learn about any of the "souls" games is one of the core design features is that the game is difficult...but pretty much always has built in a way to subvert it. Like for the taurus demon, the bridge is a tough place to fight him, but if you look closely before the fight behind you there is a ladder where you can climb up quickly and get a plunge attack off on him for a huge chunk of his hp. The environment and it's interaction with you and the enemies is such a huge part of the souls games but it's easy to miss at first.

-Fuzzy Spider
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6662 on: May 18, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »

true story when I was a Souls babby and just starting out with these games, the pursuer was the first boss to give me real trouble cause he forced me to roll. I didn't even understand the notion of i-frames back then, so i went online and read some strategies. long story short, i parried him and used the ballistas. i thought "ooh these are like glorified puzzle games!!" ahhh, the memories!

tho, i do feel like the subverting has gotten a little harder to do with bborne and dks3 bosses
ag radley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6663 on: May 19, 2016, 03:22:30 AM »

when bloodborne doesn't come out on pc

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6664 on: May 19, 2016, 03:27:13 AM »

I'm weak and bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne. Worked out well. I own a dozen games on the system that I love and there's a bunch more I'm looking forward to. I'm easy to please though.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: May 19, 2016, 04:03:14 AM »

These patch notes though...
8. Improved other game balance
9. Several game flaws fixed

FROM pls. What are you doing.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: May 19, 2016, 04:55:43 AM »

I dont't really have any interest in ps4 exclusives other maybe nioh, but i don't regret it. on ps3 i played demon's and dark souls 1 more than all my other games combined probably. and on ps4 i already put several 100 hours into bborne.

still wish there was a pc port tho because a mostly smooth 60fps would be so much nicer than the unstable 30 on ps4.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:14:44 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6667 on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »

I'm weak and bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne. Worked out well. I own a dozen games on the system that I love and there's a bunch more I'm looking forward to. I'm easy to please though.
i literally have a ps4 with just bloodbourne and netflix....no other console games have really interested me in the slightest, lol

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: May 19, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »

These patch notes though...
8. Improved other game balance
9. Several game flaws fixed

FROM pls. What are you doing.

patch notes are clearly not their strong suit haha

i suspect it comes from having some bamco intern translate them from japanese. there are re-translations of some of the japanese notes floating around and theyre usually more detailed and less ambiguous.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:50:49 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6669 on: May 20, 2016, 03:16:40 AM »

you you pickle pee
me me pump a rum

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:48 AM »

i pickled some pee and pumped some rum, but i still can't beat the nameless king. RIP.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6671 on: May 20, 2016, 04:30:11 AM »

i literally have a ps4 with just bloodbourne and netflix....no other console games have really interested me in the slightest, lol

I mean, everyone has different tastes, but for me Bloodborne, Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Collection, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy XV, God of War 3 Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc... all make the system super worth it for me. Some games I also just buy on PS4 cause I have it and its cheaper on that system (on sale or something) like Mad Max.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: May 20, 2016, 04:36:49 AM »

ok so, gundyr was basically meant to be the original champion of ash but forgot to set his alarm clock and is now condemned to be newly awakened ashen ones' first test? am i getting that right?

also i only just noticed that he looks like old king doran from demon's souls and also has a similar role as an "eternal champion" who judges peoples' worhtiness (yeah yeah i know im slow). his armor description even mentions "a certain old king".

actually surprising how many obvious demon's souls callbacks are in this game. i didn't expect that going into it.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6673 on: May 20, 2016, 05:36:51 AM »

somebody update this with Gundyr

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: May 20, 2016, 05:39:02 AM »

Iudex Gundyr is the best boss in the game imo. It's the perfect noob test. If you try to keep your distance he gives you a hard time. His moveset is built to punish people who are afraid of him, so the best way to win that fight is to get right in his face and keep rolling to him instead of away from him.

Then again I'm probably biased because I love how difficult he is for a first boss. Asylum Demon is a cakewalk compared to this guy.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: May 20, 2016, 05:48:23 AM »

PS: I bought Salt and Sanctuary and I'm playing it now. It's good so far but you definitely notice the drop in production values compared to FROM. I mean that's to be expected because it's an indie project, but you just gotta keep in mind that it won't be able to "wow" you the same way a big studio can. I will talk more about it later when I have a better understanding of how it plays, I'm still learning the game atm.

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: May 20, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »

Blue Sentinels/Blades of Darkmmoon covenant is terrible. If any of you want to farm the ears for the achievements go straight to the road of sacrifices and talk to Horace to get the covenant, then stay in the undead settlement at low levels (I was doing at 27 but I heard you could go up to 35-40). It'll still take some time, but at least is possible.

Once people get new convenants like Rosaria's fingers and Watchdogs they will stop being in the way of blue. If you get pass the level threshold you'll be hardly summoned at all and your only hope will be to farm the silver knights for a 0,01% drop chance or create a new character, as I discovered the hard way.  Cry

What's up with Faith in this game? I've made a str/Faith build and got no offensive spells that dealt a good amount of damage for more than half of the game. Blessed and lighting infusion do less damage than using lightning blade, which you only get at Irythill dungeon. At least you got second chance, I guess.   
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6677 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »

They need to just make it so that you level sync down to way of the blue members.

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: May 21, 2016, 05:07:44 AM »

Or make the blades an offensive convenant, invading those that have invaded others or are members of the rosaria fingers. Right now, there's no difference between the two convenants other than lore.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6679 on: May 21, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »

way of blue should have rewards like other covenants. leg of pvp babby awarded for every enemy invader defeated in the presence of a blue while in da covenant.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic