Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:41:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534133 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6720 on: May 27, 2016, 02:56:18 AM »

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: May 27, 2016, 03:03:28 AM »

A Tumblr post of a shrinked image of a text post from /darksouls3/? Huh?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: May 27, 2016, 05:29:26 AM »

someone on another forum linked it like that and i was too lazy to search for the original post. it's easy enough to read anyway so  Shrug
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: May 27, 2016, 05:46:08 AM »

Yeah it's fine. Tongue It just reminded me of technologically challenged grandparents taking photos of their screens and faxing it to their friends and stuff

Here's another text post on the sub that I think you might like: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4l4v2e/to_the_player_who_named_their_character_old_hero/

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6724 on: May 27, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »

haha, i love the gif in the comments! imagine if they remade a boss with that gimmick now, it'd be incredible
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: May 27, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »

see, this is why multiplayer in souls games is great.

i think in the end, forgoing voice chat, lobbies and other "standard" features is what made these sorts of interactions possible in the first place. the best moments are like improv slapstick comedy with strangers haha.

too bad my mp encounters are rarely funny. Sad
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: May 27, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »

Thanks tales of tale's "the forest"

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: May 27, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »

I think what I like about it is that despite the lack of voice chat, it's pretty easy to signal good intentions to another player. If you start an encounter by dropping "Hello!" carvings, then most opponents will stop fighting for a moment and watch what you are trying to do. That gives me an opportunity to do something silly with them.

There's also the fact that generally speaking, invasions are a low-risk activity. You can get into someone's game and do something with them at relatively little cost to either person. That's also something that helps enable weird interactions, because people don't take what is happening too seriously in the first place.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6728 on: May 27, 2016, 10:44:22 PM »

Some rumors are going around that From's next outing might be in VR. How do you folks feel about that? I'm a little conflicted.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6729 on: May 27, 2016, 11:06:38 PM »

So in my play of DS up to this point none of the online features worked and for some reason they just started.  Now I get hints and ghosties.  Neat!
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6730 on: May 28, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »

i think in the end, forgoing voice chat, lobbies and other "standard" features is what made these sorts of interactions possible in the first place. the best moments are like improv slapstick comedy with strangers haha.
wasn't just souls that made for a great MP experience by not having chat/lobbies/etc,  Ultima Online back in 97 until around 2000 or so didn't have a real usable shardwide chat, to talk to people you had to be in a party, guild, or standing next to them. This led to people actually traveling to the cities to meet up/trade/etc and turned the cities into huge social/commerce hubs

-Fuzzy Spider
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6731 on: May 29, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

I read that 100 page essay about Bloodborne's story yesterday. Based on that (never played the game) the story, setting etc. sounded a lot more interesting than DkS imo, thought it might be just that the essay provided rather digestible format/interpretation for a vague tale.

However, based on the text I think Bloodborne's themes, setting and events might be a bit too stressful compared to DkS. Of course surroundings in DkS and DeS imply some horrible stuff but BB might be a bit too much into your face for me. Then again, I don't have PS4 either so for now that's meaningless anyway  Shrug

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: May 29, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »

BB is darker than dark souls (welp) but it's not that in your face. it's about as dark as demon's souls, maybe a little darker.

btw, i don't really consider souls games to be total depressing grimdark, they always have a lot of goofy and subtly humorous elements to balance those aspects out (certain NPCs, certain enemy and armor designs, multiplayer as discussed itt). interestingly, that makes me take the settings more seriously than many "dark fantasy" games that just try to out-grim everything else.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:20:56 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: May 29, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »

btw i only just now noticed the framp statue in the grand archives lol. so i'm guessing oceiros had some "help" from some primordial serpents with his research?
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »

How to make a viable wizard build Wizard

I've made that build, but most of the time people just run away or backstabbed me lol. And its a lie that the attack is hard to parry, I was parried several times in my invasions.  Tears of Joy

BTW, Pyromance is really strong in pve, you get the chãos fireball early and that does good damage until really late in the game. I managed to kill that shadow from pontiff sulyvhan when it was still in its initial animation with just two fireballs.

In pvp, though, my pyromancer is terrible. I don't have a normal weapon and nobody is going to get hit by my fireballs ever.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: June 02, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »

cultural minute "gloire au soleil"

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:33 AM »

HI HELLO

can someone please tell me how to dodge the dragon's fire in the nameless king fight? it just seems impossible to me.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6737 on: June 03, 2016, 09:14:51 AM »

DeS Dragon God was a huge letdown once you figure out what you need to do. After a few stupid runs, I ended up not getting any damage from it. COnsidering the title and shit, i expected something more... epic, grueling, whatever.

At least I unlocked 1-3, where i am getting furstrated at my own stupidtity rather than any actual difficulty.

Also I just read about what yurt might do and dang. I might need to check tomorrow if he hasnt been running amok.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:21:04 AM by Alevice » Logged

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6738 on: June 03, 2016, 09:58:20 AM »

HI HELLO

can someone please tell me how to dodge the dragon's fire in the nameless king fight? it just seems impossible to me.

immediately run toward the camera and repeatedly jump or unlock, run and repeatedly jump

running and jumping was the only way i could do it consistently. also, its a bit like super smough where it's meant to heavily punish sticking on the boss too much, helps to start backing away earlier imo

i was really said to see a boss with that attack, for some reason they always give dragon breath in a boss fight the most fucked up range.  Sad
zadokallen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: June 05, 2016, 08:00:57 AM »

So, yeah, Salt and Sanctuary. It`s a great game but the rip off factor is cranked up to 11 (it`s even in the name, though I must say that "salt/soul' bit is cleverly chuckleworthy).

But since the game is really rather good, it doesn`t bother me, just makes me a little curious as to why didn`t they borrow (some of?)the mechanics and set off with at least some different theme. Or maybe that`s the good way for this kind of a clone, an unabashed "hey, why not, we`ll take it all" attitude?

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic