Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:23:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534136 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6740 on: June 05, 2016, 08:41:33 AM »

HI HELLO

can someone please tell me how to dodge the dragon's fire in the nameless king fight? it just seems impossible to me.

immediately run toward the camera and repeatedly jump or unlock, run and repeatedly jump

running and jumping was the only way i could do it consistently. also, its a bit like super smough where it's meant to heavily punish sticking on the boss too much, helps to start backing away earlier imo

i was really said to see a boss with that attack, for some reason they always give dragon breath in a boss fight the most fucked up range.  Sad
it only feels like it has huge range because the way you're moving he actually moves while firing, unlock and watch him as he goes up, and roll the opposite way from where he's moving and it wont even come close to you.

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: June 05, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »

i actually found out that he doesn't use the fire breath if you don't go under him, so i just stayed in front of him which also had the added benefit of less awkward camera.

thanks anyway.  Smiley
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6742 on: June 06, 2016, 08:12:05 AM »

Wanted a small break from Des and DkS and went into... DkS2. Game looks prettier and run smoother, but some thing look to modern gamey, like the firemen hollow soldiers. Went into the forest of fallend giants and heides tower. The former looks a bit too videogamey for my tastes, the latter looks gorgeus.

Got the blacksmiths key and got his shop open, only to notice he looks like an undead dwarf - why do smiths get too look worse on souls games - ed and boldwin werent great, but better than the guy at the undead parish, who is better than this dwarf. DO COME BACK ALIVE! I NEED YOUR BUSINESS. Also the levelupper lady is not as cool as the lady in black.

Im not sure what to think so far of the game. I kinda like that combat feels faster and that a screw up (like getting staggered) can be more impacting. Also, it seems being an undead feels more punishing now than being a phantom on DeS, which I guess gets compensatd with the despawning mechanic (goodbye farming). I love some 60fps and faster load times tho.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »

are you playing the original or scholar of the first sin?
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6744 on: June 06, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »

HI HELLO

can someone please tell me how to dodge the dragon's fire in the nameless king fight? it just seems impossible to me.

immediately run toward the camera and repeatedly jump or unlock, run and repeatedly jump

running and jumping was the only way i could do it consistently. also, its a bit like super smough where it's meant to heavily punish sticking on the boss too much, helps to start backing away earlier imo

i was really said to see a boss with that attack, for some reason they always give dragon breath in a boss fight the most fucked up range.  Sad
it only feels like it has huge range because the way you're moving he actually moves while firing, unlock and watch him as he goes up, and roll the opposite way from where he's moving and it wont even come close to you.

welp i feel dumb. i never could get a good read on phase 1, the camera gave me a lot of difficulty. thanks for that little nugget of wisdom, makes dodging it way simpler lmao.

also, i always felt like dks2 was way slower?? its just there's a lot of shit enemies who dont telegraph their attacks well.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6745 on: June 06, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »

are you playing the original or scholar of the first sin?
original. i dont think i have got the dlc either.

also, most of the enmeis so far have been easier to predict. im not that good at crwods tho

also, wtf with pigs at majula. having them super strong seems so stupid and again, gamey.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: June 06, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »

you should get sotfs if you can. it's slightly better and includes all the dlc which has some good level design.

and yes, this is a "gamier" game than the others in the series. idk i still kinda like it tho mainly because it's easier and has so much content. it's the souls game i play when i want the souls experience, but don't want to play the game "seriously" and just mess around with different builds and gear and shit. granted i could do the same in dks1 because i pretty much have the game memorized, but i've played it so much that im kinda burned out on it.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6747 on: June 06, 2016, 11:34:36 AM »

oh, so the levels were actually redone on sotfs? i remember reading about different enemy configurations, no redesigned levels

its definitely fun, dont get me wrong. well, fuck those pigs, because those are like so out of place

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: June 06, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »

i meant the dlc has some good level design Tongue

the changes are just different enemy and item placements (dlc content is unchanged tho), but it does improve the game slightly in some areas. enemy placements are important to souls level design so it makes a bigger difference than you would think, but it's not day and night or anything. it also has a few new pieces of gear, but nothing really important. i mainly recommend sotfs to new players because of the included dlc.

its definitely fun, dont get me wrong

well yeah, the consensus among fans (that i happen to agree with) is that it's the worst souls game. i still enjoy it tho. people saying it's somehow horrible are definitely exaggerating.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6749 on: June 07, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »

Indeed. Its probably a letdown given the high bar, but not a bad game by any means.

I dont have money to invest on SotFS at the moment, so I will stick to vanilal for the time being.

I had gotten soul ray, but no staff to use it with, so i cheated and looked on a wiki where could i find a basic staff, and well, went for it. Spells are still really strong as they were in DeS (havent gotten a spell on DkS1 yet). Most of the hollow soldiers became a piece of cake. Before that I was getting tired of undead murdering and farmed a coule old knights on heides tower for INT since they are more fun to fight than undead hordes. I cant help but feel that many enemies were placed with the intent of being farmed, specially since you can hardly outrun them anymore (a common tactic i use on both DeS and DkS).

Not sure what to think of the acquisition range and how a single baddy can call all his buddies in a quite wide range. I can no longer spli each enemy from a group, you seem to be forced in many places to deal with a bunch of them at the same time, and there are limited crowd control maneuvers (firebombs dont seem that effective).

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6750 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »

anybody doing this?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/4mgpom/100000_subscribers_and_dark_souls_1_global/

i dunno why, but dark souls 3 didnt grab me as long as i thought it would. i might just join this little shindig.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: June 08, 2016, 12:09:42 AM »

Summary of all the problems with invasions in DS3 currently:
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4n05ht/a_long_and_boring_critique_on_the_entirety_of/

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »

Summary of all the problems with invasions in DS3 currently:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: June 08, 2016, 02:12:01 AM »

It goes against the "cult classic" idea of the series and transforms it into a mainstream one-and-done pleaser.

So in essence you want Coop without invasions? that's just straight up un-darksoulsy. It's dumbing down the game, it's losing it's very essence.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

one of the worst aspects of the souls community is pvp players acting like they "own" the game
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:40:20 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: June 08, 2016, 07:31:52 AM »

It goes against the "cult classic" idea of the series and transforms it into a mainstream one-and-done pleaser.

So in essence you want Coop without invasions? that's just straight up un-darksoulsy. It's dumbing down the game, it's losing it's very essence.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

one of the worst aspects of the souls community is pvp players acting like they "own" the game
Do you disagree with any of the points he raised in the video? It looks like you're nitpicking on a relatively minor detail of the text (and where does that second quote come from? is it a youtube comment?)

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: June 08, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »

it's a post from the reddit thread. you're right, i didn't really respond to any points being made, i just wanted to express my frustration at this very common attitude in the souls community.

moving on: i don't disagree entirely, but people complaining about invasions being unbalanced in some way is as old as the series, plus i think people in that thread have a skewed view of what invasions and co-op are like in the other souls games. every single souls game except dks1 has a way of discouraging invasions. in demon's souls you would lose a level if you died as an invader, dks2 had the limited cracked eye orbs and bloodborne only had random invasions in 2 specific areas. it's very telling that dks1 is by far the game with the most cheaters and twinks. i don't even bother with pvp anymore in that game and just play offline or always hollow.

did dks3 go overboard with the invader debuffs? maybe, but i frankly don't think it's that horrible compared to the other games. in dks2 you couldn't use estus at all as an invader. i personally consider that to be a bigger disadvantage than the HP debuff. i also get invaded more often in dks3 than i ever did in 2. i don't duel in souls games so i have no opinion on that.

and people claiming that co-op was ever anything other than easy mode are being ridiculous imo. yes you could get invaded in co-op in dks1 and 2 but a single invader still doesn't stand a chance against a competent host and a competent phantom unless the invader is a really, REALLY skilled player.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6756 on: June 08, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »

the problem is the odds are always stacked against you in dks3 as an invader. you're pretty much always fighting ganks, and they can all heal themselves while walking backwards. some really skillful streamers who used to make fighting ganks their thing can't even really hold their own now. i like the idea of people scaling the game's difficulty via coop and opting out of pvp when they really dont feel like it, but right now it's like the game only facilitates interactions between gankers who really don't care deeply about pvp and invaders who just want to find a host to fight. as a person who is up to fight invaders solo, I've been invaded while i was alone maybe three times across three separate playthroughs. conversely, nearly every invasion i've done with the red orb was a gank. it's okay once in awhile, but if fighting groups becomes the norm you completely lose that awesome sense of hunting another player down because groups of co-opers tend to wait for you in one spot and "Well what is it?"
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6757 on: June 08, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »

the odds have ALWAYS been stacked against invaders, even in dks1 invaders could only use humanity to heal which left you immobile for a long time. i think what sets 3 apart more is the fact that the pvp is actually a bit more balanced than in dks1, oneshot glass cannon builds set up to counter ganking just aren't as viable.  That said i haven't found the ganking to be that bad at all, i run into it from time to time but it seems less common than in 1 or 2, but then i invade all over, not really in the pvp hotspot. (those have ALWAYS been bad)

-Fuzzy Spider
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6758 on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »

Well, I made a bit of progress. Killed the white knight at the forest, rescued a dude who gave me a house key from majula (and cleared his basement), killed the giant boss, farmed a salamander, got the larger soul ray, got heap tons of items (flame swords, tons of rings, etc), switched to main a two-handed battle axe with soul rays for sniping, lit the third bonfire on the forest, disposed of a bunch of turtleish knights, tried to fight the second forest boss to no avail, went back to heides tower, now i can murder old knights in 3 hits, mnurdered the dragonrider, met a girl with a guy fawkes mask, and visited no mans wharf for quick.

it seems i am now maining dks2. 60fps i hate you.

kinda liked how many times you can shortcut the tower bonfire on the forest. reminds me of undead burg.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: June 09, 2016, 12:39:49 AM »

it seems i am now maining dks2. 60fps i hate you.

in fairness, if youre on pc, you can make dks1 run at 60 with dsfix.

but ya, framerate is the #1 reason why i would want a bloodborne pc port.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic