Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:22:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkHaxor: A big project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Haxor: A big project  (Read 1219 times)
Private
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »

Haxor

Haxor is a game that has been thought of for a couple of years and has only recently been actively worked on.

Set in 2099, Earth has been taking over by the most genius hackers for so many years, but one hacker gets sick of his work and decides to go postal on his co-workers and his superiors.

A fast paced game, Haxor is designed more for retro gamers, particularly for fans of games like Doom, Quake and Half-Life, but there is a possibility that there is stuff in it for every gamer to enjoy. The game is a combination of a shoot ‘em up and a beat ‘em up, with a small mix of a few other genres.

With the intention to be a big game, it will include the following:

•   A new engine based on the DarkPlaces engine
•   Fast paced gameplay, reminiscent of older shoot ‘em up’s
•   Multiple genres other than just one
•   50+ different weapons, all with secondary fire modes
•   Two different methods of playing: 3D Free Roaming and 2D Side Scroller.
•   A wide variety of enemies to fight, items to collect, secrets to find and unlockables to achieve
•   Twelve, or more, different environmental themes.
•   Heavy modding support, with the inclusion of a scripting language

Haxor is a commercial product and will need to be purchased in order to play.

Haxor will be shipped in three different versions: Campaign, Cooperative and Arena. Each version is a third of the full game. Campaign contains the singleplayer story mode, Cooperative contains the multiplayer co-op levels and Arena contains the intense multiplayer combat play. Each version can either be bought separately, or bought in a bundle which is essentially the full game.

The game is currently still a concept with nothing interesting to show, but it can, and hopefully will, get bigger and better.

I am currently looking for people willing to help, and I promise it will be worth the effort.

I need programmers, designers, animators, artists and sound designers.

I am also busy doing work at college so I may need some assistant team leaders as well.

If anyone is willing to help, E-mail me at [email protected]

More info to come later.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:51:58 PM by Private » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »

Kids these days...
When I was young, they were trying to make their favorite game clone after beating it.
Now, they are trying to make it after seeing E3 trailer!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »

Haxor is a commercial product and will need to be purchased in order to play.
Haxor should not be eaten, burnt, or used as a flotation device.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »

I think there are some typos there, you might want to paste this into your post.
You're welcome!

The game is currently still a concept with nothing interesting to show, so I will create a clean and detailed design document down to nitty-gritty numbers, validated by professional programmers, and run tests with several engines before posting here.

I am currently looking for people willing to help, whom I will pay a regular salary over the many months needed to develop my personal AAA shooter.

I am also busy doing work at college so I will quit that particular task to devote myself to the project with as much time and resources as I expect my employees to do.

(← new art twitter)
Woos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »

I think there are some typos there, you might want to paste this into your post.
You're welcome!

The game is currently still a concept with nothing interesting to show, so I will create a clean and detailed design document down to nitty-gritty numbers, validated by professional programmers, and run tests with several engines before posting here.

I am currently looking for people willing to help, whom I will pay a regular salary over the many months needed to develop my personal AAA shooter.

I am also busy doing work at college so I will quit that particular task to devote myself to the project with as much time and resources as I expect my employees to do.

lol, saw this coming

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic