Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:41:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)New to this whole thing. Critiques welcome.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: New to this whole thing. Critiques welcome.  (Read 3366 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »

Why does it have to be so freaking upscaled man?

Doesn't have to be. Just is.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »

Alright, after down scaling it I tried my hand at editing it.
I think part of the problem with you having it hard to show him being depressed is that the mask is too 'aggressive'
Here's what I came up with (sorry for the lack of shading on the arms, I didn't know how you want it)

I flipped the eye upside down and lowered them and made them smaller, drooped the horns.
With the arms it looked like you wanted him slightly muscular based on the legs, hence the mass, and the hands are facing each other to convey a sense of "Oh, I give up..." or some other depressing phrase.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »

I like it.

I wasn't sure if I should make the arms hang forward, or adjust his posture to make them hang back or something.

As for the mask, I don't want it to show much emotion. I just want it to be empty of emotion. Just a blank stare of sorts. Those horns are cool though.

Readjusted his posture a bit. Still can't figure out the arms for him. I may need to just recreate him a few times to see what all I can come up with.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:05:34 PM by Rabbit » Logged

Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »

Hey budd! 

Not sure how much oomph I will ever have with my art but I thought I might hop in here and give my two cents as well cause I REALLY like this character design!

So I was reading your descriptions of him and in this little edit I turned the body forward and shifted the head a little to compress the body into a more defeated feeling.  Than I drew a couple more arms on him for other variances to see!  Hope it helps even a little!  Happy to see more talent on this site!

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »

I like that first one a lot. Thanks man!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic