Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:08:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkProgrammer is looking for a team or an artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer is looking for a team or an artist  (Read 2929 times)
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »

Hello! My name is Yaroslav. I'm looking for a team that is working on some interesting game or an artist with whom I could team up.

A little about me:
I'm a student, almost 20 years old. I live in Russia, Moscow.
I have a lot of free time and most of it I devote to game development.

I'm programmer, been programming games since early childhood.
Learning stuff pretty fast, working hard.

My experience:
Platforms: Windows (PC), Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Xbox 360 (via XNA)
Programming languages: C++, C#, Objective-C, Java
Graphical API's: Direct3D9/10/11, Direct2D, OpenGL, OpenGL ES
Engines/Frameworks/Libraries: zlib, TinyXML2, libpng, GLEW, STL, Cocos2D, XNA, Qt, .NET, PhysX, Havok
Revision control systems: Git

What I'm currently doing:
I'm programming my own game engine for future games, I can already make solid 2D games with it, 3D support is on the way.

Some of the projects shown, such as "New Year Game" are a little outdated work (one of the first).

=====
Not all works are shown. Most of them were thrown away.

Some editors:

New Year Game (one of the first):

Shaoleaf (iOS game):

Video:

===================================
Smiley If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Smiley

===================================
Contants:
Email: [email protected]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:10:03 PM by Yaroslav » Logged

Twitter: twitter.com/SoulSharer
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »

Still looking for an artist or a team. Undecided

JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »

Whoa, nice looking tools.
I'm quite surprised no one has replied so far.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »

Whoa, nice looking tools.
I'm quite surprised no one has replied so far.

Maybe I missed something? Or maybe people fear that I'm another crazy Russian guy, lol. Anyways thanks for kind words.

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

Check your forum messages, people might have tried to contact you there Wink

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
MadWatch
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:55 AM »

Nice tools you have here  Smiley

How good are you with C++ ? Did you go as far as mastering templates, STL, Boost and the like ? Or did you just scratched the surface ?

Would you be interested in working with a team that already have a working engine and prototype ? Or would you prefer to start a project from scratch ?

Regards.
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:23 AM »

Nice tools you have here  Smiley

How good are you with C++ ? Did you go as far as mastering templates, STL, Boost and the like ? Or did you just scratched the surface ?

Would you be interested in working with a team that already have a working engine and prototype ? Or would you prefer to start a project from scratch ?

Regards.

First of all thanks for the reply.  Smiley

===BEWARE, TECHNICAL STUFF INCOMING!!!===

I don't use boost, cause this library is awful most of the time (at least its not something I would use for an engine), I know how to deal with templates, as well as worked with STL, but STL is only slightly better than boost and I will replace STL with my solutions pretty soon. (it will be better in performance and usage wise, because my implementation will be towards games, not generic use)
Talking about C++ alone, it depends on how you define "good", I know how to deal with memory allocation, pointers (including smart and function pointers), worked with several 3rd party API's, inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism and other stuff, well you got the idea, I know as much as I need to program an efficient game engine.

=== Ok, now its over guys, lol ===

I would like to work with the team, even if there is an engine and prototype ready. But if there is nothing I would be more than happy to start from scratch.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:07:45 PM by Yaroslav » Logged

Trinsic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »

Hello Yaroslav,
Are you still looking for a team? I've been putting one together and we could use another good programmer and we would be glad to have a crazy Russian guy. The webpage http://www.mythologyunbound.com/ has information about the game we are making, although in short it is an augmented reality online rpg.

Right now we mostly need people to help with writing additional game clients so it can run on as many platforms as possible, such as iPhone, etc. There are plenty of other things that need to be done though if you would be more interested in working on a different aspect of it. Drop me a note or email me at dcotton at stormpurple dot net if you are interested.

~Trinsic
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »

Sorry, I'm more into XBLA/Steam kind of games as I've said earlier and I don't like augmented reality that much. Sad
And yeah still looking for an artist to make next big thing.

dioxide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »

My name is Marc, I lead a team of 7. We are looking for a programmer experienced in C# with knowledge of Unity 3D, We work on cross platform titles for PC/Mac as well as iOS and Android. We are currently working on a game called Apocalypse Pluto for iOS and Steam. If all goes well we would be looking to bring you into our contract project as well (CryptoGene, you cna check out a bit of it @ CryptoGene.com)

If you are interested I would love to hold an interview with you over skype (you can add me on skype with Dioxcyde)
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »

My name is Marc, I lead a team of 7. We are looking for a programmer experienced in C# with knowledge of Unity 3D, We work on cross platform titles for PC/Mac as well as iOS and Android. We are currently working on a game called Apocalypse Pluto for iOS and Steam. If all goes well we would be looking to bring you into our contract project as well (CryptoGene, you cna check out a bit of it @ CryptoGene.com)

If you are interested I would love to hold an interview with you over skype (you can add me on skype with Dioxcyde)

Unfortunately, I don't like to work with existing engines because either they are too expensive, or there is almost nothing to play with, some are just bad. So I'm writing my own for that sole purpose.
So I think I won't be any help for you guys. =(

But thanks for the offer.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:12:29 PM by Yaroslav » Logged

SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »

I wanted to say thanks everyone, I found a couple of projects I would like to work on and I'm sorry I couldn't update this topic for some time, was all in work.  Hand Any Key

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic