Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:53:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDark Chaos
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Chaos  (Read 1875 times)
RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Hi everyone! Grin I'm Franklin. I've been developing this game on and off for the past four years. I've ran into many bumps with computer crashes and lost data. In March I restarted the game's development.

Dark Chaos is in its early stages of development. The current plan is to only use the RPG Maker RTP for this game and the default battle system.

Please tell me what do you think about the story, characters, graphics, and game play.

Sorry for my post being very long. I'm very new here and don't know how to use spoilers and youtube tags. Sorry.

Story
[/b]

1000 years ago a world war known as The Great War took place. The world was once a peaceful place. People lived together in peace. They worked with one another for the better of the world. However over time people began to change. People started to have different views of the world. People did not accept the differences of other people. This led to the Great War. Many lives were lost in battle. A great power was created by the Dragon Wizards. The original purpose of this great power was made to restore the nature that was destroyed during The Great War. The power is strong enough to destroy the galaxy. No man has ever wielded such power. Since that time peace has been achieved. After the war, people who shared common interest formed nations. Many nations work side by side continue the peace on Earth.

Neon was once a peaceful nation; it is the largest nation on Earth. 100 years ago a man known as Gauchet would rebel against his own nation, Neon. A nation that he once defended as a high classed knight became his foe. Gauchet attempted to overthrow the king as he believed he should be worshiped and treated as a God for his great deeds as a soldier. His attempt failed and he was banished from the nation. Many people did not understand why Gauchet changed into a power hungry man. Three years later Gauchet made his return. He led an evil army to rule the land.  

In the present time Gauchet has prepared his forces to rule over Earth. Gauchet’s four generals have gathered the resources to start a new Great War. Some nations have fallen to Gauchet’s might while others are barely holding a fight. Now the Dark Army has it sights on Romanica.
Characters

The Allies
[/b]

[spoiler]

Franklin-
Age 22
Class-Warrior
                Bio- Is a young warrior from Clarksville. Although he is not enlisted in the army, he has trained to be a knight more for pleasure instead of a true need. He is charismatic and uses scartisic humor. At times Franklin can become depress because he is inexperienced with women.

Brad-
Age 21
Class- Soldier
Bio-He is Franklin’s best friend. In his spare time he enjoys crafting weapons. Brad feels like he lacks a personality.

Audrey-
Age 20
Class- Witch
Bio- As a baby Audrey was abandon and was found in the woods by Mayor Rox. Audrey is deeply angered by her parents' actions. She feels her parents did not want her. Audrey is very physically attractive. Her large breast attracts unwanted attention, and Franklin often stares at them. Audrey's magical abilities will prove to be useful for her friends!

Jayden-
Age- 26
Class- Archer
Bio- Jayden is a young attractive woman from Cookville. Her mother and father were killed on a ship that was attacked by the Dark Army. She hates the Dark Army for killing her family. Everday her heart is becoming darker.
[/spoiler]

Supporting Cast
[/b]

Mayor Brown-
Bio-Mayor Brown is the mayor of Clarksville. It is rumored that he is the town’s playboy.

Big Daddy
Bio- This is the man with the swagger! Big Daddy is cool with our heroes! He’s like to play game on the ladies! He is also a skilled weapons maker. He has made many air ships and weapons for nations' military.

Captain Favre-
Age 35
                Bio: Favre is a leader of a small crew of pirates!  He is very boastful and extragrates his accomplishments/crimes.  His crew members are Peterson, Harvin, Bryant, and Anderson.
[/spoiler]

The Dark Army
Warning: A character's description maybe uncomfortable.
[spoiler]

King Gauchet- Age 135 but looks like he’s in his mid-twenties. He is an elite knight who once was a top ranked knight in Neon. Yesterday he was a good man, but today he has a dark heart filled with hate and greed. He betrayed his state by trying to overtake it, but failed. However, he would return and conquer the state. Originally other states did not fear him because the problem was seen as Neon’s problem. Now the world is seeing Gauchet’s true goal in motion.

Epsilon- This general is trained the ancient ways of the Dark Knights. He puts brains over fist any day. He first joined Gauchet decades ago as a young teen in the war that gave Gauchet power in Neon.

Edge- Is a top general in Gauchet’s Army. Arrogant, cold hearted, and self-absorbed, Edge believes he cannot be defeated by anyone. He is one of the world’s greatest expert swordsmen.

Jericho- Is a magician general in Gauchet’s Army. He uses his wisdom to dominate his opposition. He thinks Edge is an idiot.

Orton- He is Jericho’s understudy.

Redick- Is another mighty general under Gauchet. He is a demon knight. Demon knights are known to live up to two hundred years. He is very close friends with Epsilon and Jericho. Very little is known about his past before he met Gauchet.

Velvet- She is the deadly female general in the Dark Army. She uses her beauty to seduce her victims. It is rumored that she rapes captive enemy soldiers to death by having intense sex.

Screen Shots

Demos

Demo 1.0
http://www.mediafire.../Dark_Chaos.exe

Demo 2.0 RTP is required.
http://franklingaming.blogspot.com/2012/08/new-dark-chaos-demo.html
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

Video Previews

Demo Trailer
[/sup]http://www.youtube.com/watchv=Oy_HiDdug4U&list=UUAxXu2wF2J_xVzymBgHLUug&index=2&feature=plcp

First Boss Battle Preview

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:45:58 AM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN » Logged

gf11221
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »

Made of RPG MAKER VX ACE? This sounds good and maybe better with original assets, 4 years? Isn't that frustrating?
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »

Links are broken! Will play when fixed.

maetheec
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 04:00:22 AM »

Since I know that I won't have time to test an RPG out enough to give constructive feedback, so instead I'll just comment on the story and characters.

My feedback is that the setup is generic, I suspects you might have some great twists planned out later in the story, but I'm afraid most people might not play it enough to get to the twists. The generic story and the default RPG maker battle system draw very little attention from gamer.

As for the character, the art is great, you've definitely mastered the art of anime drawing... but the design of the main character is also a bit on the generic side. Some description also doesn't really match the portrait... for examples:
Audrey's description says "Her large breast attracts unwanted attention", but her breasts as seen in the portrait aren't very large.
And Velvet's description says "She uses her beauty to seduce her victims", but since she looks like aliens, the only person that would fall for her seduction is most likely Commander Shepard from Mass Effect.

So, here's my feedback from knowing very little about your story, so please take it with a grain of salt. If you're confident that the story is AWESOME once people get play it a bit more, you need to show a bit of that awesomeness up front to get people to start playing it.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »

Don't be racist about Velvet, she's perfectly attractive for whatever kind of thing she is. My big turn off for her is that she seems to rape people to death. That's a bit of a contradiction for her being seductive b/c if she can seduce her enemies why does she need to rape them? She might be better as a kind of a Xenia type from Goldeneye. But idk what I'm talking about b/c I haven't been able to play it b/c the links are broken!

FRACTURES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »

All the graphics and character design looks really cool.  Are the music and sound effects placeholder or final?...I'm looking for my next audio project, you can hear my stuff hear if you're looking for anything http://flavors.me/fractures

Fractures     Showreel     Twitter
RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try to get the link fixed. I'm not sure why it's broken. A new demo should be released in two to three weeks. I'm making enough progress to release the official demo.

The characters' graphics are not set in stone. I'm strongly considering changing graphics for Velvet.

@Maetheec
Audrey does have large breast. Look near the bottom of her picture.

@MSilver

You're right aobut Velvet. Her character description contradicts itself. I need to make some changes.

maetheec
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »

@Maetheec
Audrey does have large breast. Look near the bottom of her picture.
You shouldn't need to tell me where they are, if they're suppose to be large right? Blink
 Tongue
orihaus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »

Character design is professional, but not particularly unique looking, which could be said of the whole game it looks like. I find it sadly typical of the common problems with women in video games that of the three female characters in the game, ALL of them are characterised largely by their looks.

"She uses her beauty to seduce her victims"
"Audrey is very physically attractive. Her large breast attracts unwanted attention, and Franklin often stares at them."
"Jayden is a young attractive woman from Cookville"

I see despite the obvious physical attractiveness of some of the 10+ Men described, with all except one of them, physical appearance is not seen fit to be even mentioned.

Just something to think about. :3

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »

I made a new introduction. It's in the link below. Sorry I don't know how to enable videos at this forum. My original introduction is very boring. It has a black screen and dialogue. That's not attractive. I made some major changes. Please tell me what do you think!

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »

Hi everyone! I have two new updates. I have a new demo. Previous bugs were fixed. The demo is longer than the original demo.

I also have a brand new battle system made by Fomar0153.

Please give a review about the new demo. Thank You!

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »

It's been along time since I've last updated the topic! The project is not dead, and I am back to work!

I have changed the battle system! You can watch it here!

Here are some new screen shots!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic