Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:48:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Creator Permissions
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Creator Permissions  (Read 115570 times)
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #360 on: May 04, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

Nicalis? but isn't Pixel the creator of cavestory?
Yes. Doesn't mean he has the rights to it.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 04, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

Damm. how could he copyright cavestory -.- ? well... maybe is not the best way to do the things but making a clone of the cavestory characters won't break the copyrights of it. i don't like this idea too much but it's an option, isn't?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 04, 2010, 05:43:20 PM »

Damm. how could he copyright cavestory -.- ? well... maybe is not the best way to do the things but making a clone of the cavestory characters won't break the copyrights of it. i don't like this idea too much but it's an option, isn't?
We have had this discussion many times, and we have managed without quote so far. We don't NEED him, even as a mascot or anything.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »

sadface. then will Ip replace him or something? also is really sad that we'll not have Outher Wall as a stage -.-

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »

lets just make a character that only looks kinda like quote, he will be paraphrase.

Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »

I'd rather not have anything CS related -- feel like any sort of knockoff for the sake of having something to represent it would be an affront to the indie community and to pixel himself.

Ip, though, I'm totally for that.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: May 05, 2010, 02:15:53 PM »

That was basically the conclusion we arrived at. A Quote proxy just wouldn't feel right.

Ip will be added to the roster when The Underside is released, barring any surprises. He won't be a Quote clone, though. Ip has an entirely different fighting style.

Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #367 on: May 05, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »

The whole thing is moot anyway because the people not using a bootleg Quote mod will surely be an oppressed minority.
Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »

Yes, but if there's a Quote mod, at least our hands will be clean.
Bremze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 07, 2010, 11:07:44 PM »

Then why ask for permissions in the first place if you wont take 'no' for an answer?

Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »

I thought we had just taken 'no' as an answer and dropped it. Apparently not.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »

Some people just don't read things carefully enough before posting.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 22, 2010, 07:39:14 AM »

hey do we have permission for [Eversion] stuff? because i think the main chacacter would be a great support character. imagine this: you throw the box and yeah, the guy stands there for a while and the OH MY GAWD a giant bloddy hand appears from the ground, kills him and do a really high damage to any opponent it hits. also a stage of the game (that changes the reality randomly) would be cool.

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »

Wasn't everyone just saying that there is enough characters and items and stuff a minute ago?
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

I'm not sure there's really a point where we can say "okay, there's too much stuff," really. I mean, we don't want to over-saturate earlier development with content or anything, but there's no saying we can't go past version 1.0, either. In fact I think adding onto the final release was sort of the plan from the start.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2010, 07:30:55 AM »

Speaking of adding more characters after the game's already finished, I was thinking something related to Timeslaughter. Preferably Asylum, as I feel he represents the series best.
One of the guys who used to work on the game has a DA account which he still goes on, so if anyone else feels that TS needs some recognition, we know where to get permission.
EDIT: Probably other characters could work as well, not just Asylum. This is more a question of whether or not Timeslaughter is known well enough in the indie community to warrant a place in this game.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 03:47:05 PM by Sir Raptor » Logged
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »

wtf man? i know that all the spriters like to star new projects but for the love of god lets finish what we already got  Facepalm

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

I never said anything of starting a new project. If anything, in fact, I was referring to after the initial game was finished. Read:
Speaking of adding more characters after the game's already finished
'Course, I'm really just waiting for someone to say, "Yeah, that game's known well enough to be in here," or "I just talked to the guy, and he said we can/can't use a Timeslaughter character," or "What the heck is Timeslaughter?" or something like that.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »

wtf man? i know that all the spriters like to star new projects but for the love of god lets finish what we already got  Facepalm
Hey, now. Suggestions are always appreciated. In fact, I recall you making quite a few suggestions recently. Smiley

That said, Timeslaughter is a pretty awful game, and I'm not interested in including anything from it.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »

I recall you making quite a few suggestions recently
yeah i know. not very consecuent but i try not to do suggestions. believe me, i try.
after the game's already finished
sorry. didn't readed that part ^^U

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic